Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

R.I.P Wolverine

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

The Best There Is
    The Best There Is

Just felt I should make a thread to show some love towards my favorite character ....Wolverine. I'm what you might call a die hard fan or maybe a fanboy. I own all of his comics except for a few mini-series and my first comic was even Wolverine #1 from his first ongoing in '88. I'm not that great at expressing myself but I was once asked who my favorite character and why and I always think back to how I replied because I probably couldn't say it any better...

"Wolverine. There have been times when animals such as wolverines will get their leg caught in a trap. They have been known to chew off their own leg to get free. I think that Logan is the absolute embodiment of never say die.... never giving up. Plus there's him being a bad ass and guttin' mofo's."

Despite knowing his death was coming it was still hard to take for me. More now than ever I reflect on all the stories and battles I've read over the years and the journey I've traveled with Logan. Even though I know he'll be back and he'll still be around in other ways I'll still miss him.

Made a list a few years ago of my Top 50 Wolverine covers and thought I would share that as well if anyone wants to check that out - Ode to Wolverine

Forever in my heart. R.I.P my friend.
    Forever in my heart. R.I.P my friend.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

He'll be back next year.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I know the feels dude. Nova is getting the axe OFFICIALLY next week. So I know what you're going through.

No Caption Provided

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@humanrocket:

Some fans would rather follow writers and don't like to invest in following a particular character but I think it's a good thing to be invested and to actually care when something happens in these stories. To me it makes all the difference.

Like I said I expect him to be back soon enough (I'll be surprised if it's in 2015). Still though it doesn't take away from the story or my feelings for losing a character I love so much. Just about everyone thinks he'll be back soon but you never really know and the way Wolverine has been treated under Cornell and some other series it makes you wonder if Marvel is happy to be rid of him.

Maybe they keep him out for many years and push X-23, Daken, or Sabretooth instead. I love Laura but nobody can replace Logan so yes I'll definitely miss The Wolverine and I'll be waiting for his return.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: No Sam is okay. I mean Nova (RIchard Rider) is going to get the axe. At least that's how it looks like in the last two issues of GOTG with one more book to go.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: No Sam is okay. I mean Nova (RIchard Rider) is going to get the axe. At least that's how it looks like in the last two issues of GOTG with one more book to go.

Ryder* :P

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HumanRocket

@arturocalakayvee said:

@humanrocket said:

Ryder* :P

*Raises fist to the sky and shakes with rage* BENDIS!

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
    Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bossdarksied355
    Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The sad part to me is that this story line is garbage, it is one of the most boring stories I have ever read and not even close to worthy of how he should have gone out.

Avatar image for deactivated-61666ba441bd6
    deactivated-61666ba441bd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great post man. I think I cried. :(

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Rip

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolvie, please come back to us. Cyclops is falling apart without you, and there multiple imposters trying to take your place.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.