Overuse turning into OVERKILL!

#1 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone else tired of Wolverine? I almost feel as though Wolverine has replaced Spider-Man as the "Marvel Comics" mascot. From multiple books of X-Men, to X-Force, to the Avengers, to now this whole Schism series which I guess gives birth to two X-Men teams (one lead by Cyke, the other lead by Wolvie [are you serious!? Wolverine & the X-Men??]) to his solo series, all I see is freaking Wolverine! Not to mention the first 3 X-Men movies are about him only to then get X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Aside from his cameo, it was very refreshing X-Men First Class had NO WOLVERINE!

Don't get me wrong, I actually used to like the character--back in the 90s. Back when he wasn't on every team. Back when writers focused on other great X-Men characters aside from him. Back before his healing factor made him invincible all of a sudden. And how is he an Avenger and the leader of Uncanny X-Force!? Killing seems against what the Avengers stand for, or maybe that's changed too. I like Wolverine, I'm just burnt out of him--like a good song played over and over on the radio. I feel like writers get lazy and throw him in too many books.

When I was kid, (in the 90s), I LOVED the X-Men. I got introduced to them through the 90s cartoon, and I soon started collecting every X-Book i could get my hands on. Before i started collecting the actual comic books, i still had a pretty good understanding of who the X-Men were and what they stood for. I was very happy when my little cousin (7 years old), told me he loved the X-Men as well. However it saddened me to learn that the only X-Man he knew of was Wolverine.. (probably from the cartoon of his time "Wolverine & X-Men"). True story: I asked him who the leader of the X-Men was, he answered "Wolverine" (I would've said Cyclops at his age). I asked him who Storm, Cyclops, Gambit, Beast, Iceman were, he only knew of Iceman and i think that's only cuz his power is in his name. I asked him what do the X-Men do, he answered "cut things up with his claws". And then it hit me. The "X-Men" was not a team to him. My little cousin saw the X-Men and Wolverine one in the same--and that to me is horrible.

#2 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to Comicvine :) 

There are a lot of these threads, and while many would see your point as valid (me being one of them), try to use the search function next time =] 

Just because I'm bored, I'll summarise the other threads; 

• Wolverine is over-exposed
  • No, Wolverine is awesome
  • I agree with the thread title
  • Batman appears more than Wolverine
  • Batman is better than Wolverine
  • Wolverine is better than Batman
  • Wolverine is awesome. I'm sick of haters.
  • Haters are badass.
  • Wolverine shouldn't be on the Avengers
  • Wolverine sucks.
  • DC Comics sucks.
  • Marvel Comics sucks.
  • You suck.
  • Locked thread. 
  • Fin.
#3 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate the warm welcoming and next time i will search. i just had to vent out my frustration

#4 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: You forgot complaints of X-23 and Daken.
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: My bad, sorry :P
#6 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I'll let it go. THIS TIME.
#7 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Because a little boy starts to dig x-men without knowing the basics,it's not a problem,I'm 100% sure he'll like an other hero in the future(give him x-men 90's animated series and you'll see).
I'm a wolverine fan and although I agree he is included in many titles,don't forget when it comes to dirty work,he is the one that everyone turns too.
How many times he saved marvel universe by butchering his way through?numerous times.About the Avengers how many members have assassinated a target?most of them,do not forget captain america(Bucky Barnes),he used to be a professional spy and a hit-man for hire(as winter soldier),with the x-men year coming it was expected to see him a lot.

#8 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio

It just keeps getting worse.. =(

#9 Posted by TheDynamo6 (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hus

Yeah I really like the character but I've definitely been getting to much of him lately
#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hus:

Your story it terrifies me

I have a nephew myself and i considered getting him into comics but i'd hate to see him join the wolverine ban wagon.....mabey i'll wait to the wagon falls off the track

#11 Posted by DATNIGGA (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hus: its all good bro wolvie is awesome soon he'll join the thunderbolts , x factor ,the defenders , the revengers the annihilators & the justice league as well lol

#12 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@Hus: its all good bro wolvie is awesome soon he'll join the thunderbolts , x factor ,the defenders , the revengers the annihilators & the justice league as well lol

HAHAHAHA, oh i hope not. Pretty soon: "Wolverine & Marvel Comics" & and the New 52 will be relaunched to "The New DCWolverine"

#13 Posted by stikfigureman2 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

cut off half his books, take him out of The Avengers and The New Avengers and get rid of him and Spidey being friends. Spidey hates Punisher coz he's a killer but then thats all Wolvie does. Weaken his healing capabilities and make him smoke cigars again

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.