Origins question, Wolverine pain scale.

#1 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

I just watched it and when deadpool ( or whatever he was ) beamed walfs claws they went hot read, they went atleat hot enough to burn through a mans hand and bone with just a touch, Why and how did wolverine just take it normally when he should have been getting massive burns and pain of getting internalally burnt.

Was this just overlooked because its a movie?

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (12979 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

I just watched it and when deadpool ( or whatever he was ) beamed walfs claws they went hot read, they went atleat hot enough to burn through a mans hand and bone with just a touch, Why and how did wolverine just take it normally when he should have been getting massive burns and pain of getting internalally burnt.

Was this just overlooked because its a movie?

He's Wolverine, dude knows how to take pain. Not to mention he's got that nifty healing factor to sooth it over.

#3 Posted by tylertothemax (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: that movie wasn't very good, although i think Hugh Jackman did a great job.

more on the topic, the answer is simple. a lot of pain "you" experience is mental. if you knew it would heal almost instantly, it would hurt you less.

also Wolverine's healing factor is so advanced that a lot of times he heals before the entire pain can kick in.

#4 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@tylertothemax said:

@Pyrogram: that movie wasn't very good, although i think Hugh Jackman did a great job.

more on the topic, the answer is simple. a lot of pain "you" experience is mental. if you knew it would heal almost instantly, it would hurt you less.

also Wolverine's healing factor is so advanced that a lot of times he heals before the entire pain can kick in.

Meh, Maybe, but if I dug hot needles into your knuckles you would feel it.

#5 Posted by tylertothemax (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: yeah, you're right. i also don't have a mutant healing factor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.