Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Original Origin?

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shaper

Has anyone heard of the original origin of Wolverine? I have. It's like the same thing as White Tiger but with a Wolverine. I saw it on Wiki and wonder if it was right.

Co-creator Len Wein originally intended for Logan to be a mutated wolverine cub, evolved to humanoid form by the High Evolutionary.[12] In X-Men #98, a biological analysis of Wolverine suggests that he is not a full-fledged mutant, and in X-Men #103, Wolverine says he doesn't believe in leprechauns, to which the leprechaun replies, "Maybe leprechauns don't believe in talkin' wolverines, either."[13] In a reprint of Hulk #180-181, titled Incredible Hulk and Wolverine, an interview with Cockrum supports the claim Wolverine was intended to be a mutated wolverine. Cockrum said he considered having the High Evolutionary play a vital role in making Wolverine a human. He wanted Wolverine to be the age of a young adult, with superhuman strength and agility similar to Spider-Man. This changed when Cockrum saw John Romita Sr. draw a mask-less Wolverine as a hairy 40-year-old. Creator Len Wein originally intended the claws to be retractable and part of Wolverine's gloves, and both gloves and claws would be made of adamantium. This idea was later nixed by Claremont because he believed anyone could then become Wolverine by wearing the gloves. The claws are first revealed to be part of Wolverine's anatomy in X-Men #98. Shortly after this, it was revealed[citation needed] that Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) was a spider evolved to human form by the High Evolutionary. Publisher Stan Lee was disgusted with the interpretation of the character and insisted her origin be changed.[citation needed] Lee's strong reaction and subsequent demand for a retcon convinced Wein, Cockrum, and Claremont they could never get away with introducing Logan as a mutated wolverine.[

DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DFChewie

Yep. Dumb.

Avatar image for the_guardian_knight_
    The Guardian-Knight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't believe in Evlolution so that would have made really hate Wolverine(Who is one of my favorite Marvel Characters)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Erik
    The Guardian-Knight. said:
    "I don't believe in Evlolution so that would have made really hate Wolverine(Who is one of my favorite Marvel Characters)"
    If you would hate that story just because you do not believe in evolution, then you must really hate mutants as a concept anyway. 
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Zoom

I think mutant powers being evolution is bunk anyways.

You can't tell me that blue skin or shooting lasers out of your eyes is something that could be evolved in one generation.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By castleking

evolution and mutations are two completely different things.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

LMFAO a mutated Wolverine cub...

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF
    castleking said:
    "evolution and mutations are two completely different things.
    "
    no they are called mutants but they talk about the fact that the are just the next step in the evolutionary chain
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    DEGRAAF said:
    "castleking said:
    "evolution and mutations are two completely different things.
    "
    no they are called mutants but they talk about the fact that the are just the next step in the evolutionary chain
    "
    Actually Castleking was right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.