Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

One Thing that Really Bothered Me About Origin

RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RJMooreII

The dude at the end shoots an adamantium bullet through an adamantium skull. But in order to do that it would require enough energy to punch the bullet through the adamantium; I can attack an aluminum plate with a steel knife and I won't do jack because it doesn't have enough force. If that revolver had enough powder to punch an object through adamantium the revolver would have exploded and killed the dude holding it. 

Why did they even bother with it, anyways? Just shoot him in the eye!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @RJMooreII: Heh-heh, that entire movie was awful. And how does a bullet in the head auto-wipe your memory? Freaking stupid film.
    RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RJMooreII
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Or shoot high explosive incindiary rounds directly into his eye? Then again, I don't understand why everyone doesn't just vaporize all of Wolverine's soft tissues. Even lamers like Pyro ought to be able to do that, if there were any justice in comic book physics.
    RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RJMooreII
    @Edamame: Even that would have blown the gun up, or at least caused it to recoil so hard it turned his hand into mulch. It also isn't clear how that would be effective at mind-raping; not to mention the who obvious route of blowing through his eye or soft palate.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Amegashita

... Now that I think about it... a lot of things about that movie were just god awful.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Amegashita
    @Edamame:  Yeah... I noticed that...  I was pretty outraged.  Not only that but Emma using diamond form?  Yeeeaaah, because she totally could do that early on.
    RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RJMooreII
    @Amegashita:     

... Now that I think about it... a lot of things about that movie were just god awful.

But the leaked one without the final special effects was hilarious

Frankly, I didn't like any of the X-Men movies. I hope Marvel drops them and reboots with their house company and makes movies that are actually about the X-Men, not SyFy channel knockoffs in black rubber suits.
    RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RJMooreII
    @Edamame: I agree, except I couldn't stand AoA. Of anything Marvel, I'd go for an Infinity Gem animated miniseries.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Edamame:
    I think they planned to use AoA storyline in the second season of Wolverine and X-Men. Too bad it was cancelled.
    armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By armylife1124
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @RJMooreII: Heh-heh, that entire movie was awful. And how does a bullet in the head auto-wipe your memory? Freaking stupid film. "
    The Bullet hit the part of the brain that stored his memories, and to quote the movie "You can't grow back the memories"(not word for word, but something like that)....although in the comic where Nitro blows Wolverine up he grows back his brain, and did not come back with absolutely no memories.  Very bad movie, so many wholes, and slaps in the face of anyone who has ever read wolverine.
    Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doctor Damn

Seriously? Only one thing bothered you?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EnSabahNurX

lmao the intro was good XD past that the movie just seems too cartoony like a parody of his origin. X2 did a much better origin for him if they simply based their movie off those flashbacks it would have been awesome.

That freakin bullet made no damn sense the writers simply wrote themselves into a corner and realized "hey we forgot to erase his memories lets give him brain damage.  But he has an adamantium coated skull. Oh I GOT IT we can use an adamantium bullet to dent his skull and magically erase his memories. GENIUS!!!!!!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.