Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Off My Mind: Is Old Man Logan Coming to the Regular Marvel Universe?

• 60 results
    Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#51  Edited By The Impersonator

Are you kidding me? They're actually going to call it All-New, All-Different Old Man Logan? That's such a long title.

Avatar image for anarrowintheheart10
    anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

@sprior93 said:

Mark Millar's Old Man Logan is nothing but shameless drivel, devoid of any real narrative or characterization. There's a shred of originality in the setting, but even that is mostly derivative. If you take it away, then the only thing left is an older, grumpier Logan. I just don't see what new or interesting stories can be gleaned from bringing him to the 616.

"And how great will it be for a grumpy old Logan to try to deal with all the "young" characters running around?"

Not great at all, considering that's exactly what we've seen from 616 Logan since his inception(he was already very old).

THANK YOU!!!

I find the popularity of that piece of crap baffling. It's terrible!

And good work mentioning how the diference between having OML and real Logan dealing with other characters is so small. A lot of people seem convinced that him having grey hair is somehow a great diference.

Jok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back the classic Wolverine. I do not need the old Logan.

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Scantenii

Bring Back the Real Wolverine

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kid Apollo

@loganx360: uhhhh sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Old Man Logan and the Hooded Man (the older wolverine you were referring to that shows up in FF) are essentially the same guy. plus or minus a few years. at the end of Giant sized OML, after the fight with Banner/Hulk, Logan takes Banners kid, who eventually becomes Hulk Jr.

that being said i loved the OML story and wish they had laid it to rest. i feel like most of these stories are just Marvels way of beating a dead horse. When AoA finished it was arguably the best alternate reality story out there, then Marvel kept dipping into that well and now the AoA is a pale imitation of what it once was

its been a long time since i can honestly say that i was a fan of Wolverine, but even I have to admit, the Marvel U is a little bit more empty without the Logan we know and (begrudgingly) love

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Yes, Logan is already "old", but his healing factor kept him young. If you've read Old Man Logan, the whole point of him aging like he did was implied to be guilt. Guilt for the horrible act he committed. Seeing him in 616 (if that's what you call it), will deal with him interacting with the X-Men. THAT is the potentially interesting part, not his damn hair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@amratheking: The guilt plot line was dropped halfway through the book when he gave up his pacifism. Also, he's already been reunited with the X-Men(AoA) in Old Man Logan #2; his reaction wasn't compelling and had little emotional impact. 616 Logan has struggled with guilt all his life: killing his children, killing innocents, getting his loved ones killed -- it's not a novel concept.

It looks like OML will be part of the upcoming Extraordinary X-Men, where he'll simply take up his role as the X-Men's resident bada$$.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
    deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so. End of the day events are the second reason I read comics still, first and foremost is characters and their development. You tell me an event is new and different, meh. You tell me a character is personally taking a different direction? I'll bite.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@amratheking: The guilt plot line was dropped halfway through the book when he gave up his pacifism. Also, he's already been reunited with the X-Men(AoA) in Old Man Logan #2; his reaction wasn't compelling and had little emotional impact. 616 Logan has struggled with guilt all his life: killing his children, killing innocents, getting his loved ones killed -- it's not a novel concept.

It looks like OML will be part of the upcoming Extraordinary X-Men, where he'll simply take up his role as the X-Men's resident bada$$.

Exactly! He's going to be the same thing as original Logan, except for some ocasional, tedious, whining about how he killed the X-Men in his past.

It's going to be garbage.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna see Old Man Logan in 616... He was the Hooded mam who raised HulkJr, who grew up to become a Maestro in 616 on Nu-world, and returned to his original world... Maybe he will search for his adopted son, maybe he will meet cameron or jimmy, maybe he will become the father to logan616's children that his younger couldn't be... Btw doesn't he have a healing factor because of his grey hair... O, and what if Maestro secret wars is actually HulkJr Nu-world... and i really want jimmy hudson, ruby summers and cameron howlett to movw to 616... and i want logan616 and storm to have a child that was craeted by a villain like doom with a bone tail or extended spine that can be used like a tail/weapon...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.