Ode to Wolverine (IrishX's Top 50 Covers)

Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wanting to make a Top 50 Cover list for Wolverine for a long time and so I finally got around to doing so.  Remember this is just some of my favorites... of course everyone would have different choices but hopefully all the Wolvie fans out there enjoy anyway.  

Note: List only includes Self-Titled covers (No X-Men, X-Force, etc...). You can click on the smaller images to see the bigger versions of them. 

#1 Posted by God_Spawn (38235 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick.

#2 Posted by RazzaTazz (9698 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#3 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Good choices. Definitely agree with most.

#4 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

All of 'em are pretty great.

But I am surprised my two favorites were missed out!

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

45, 40, 3 are pretty sweet.

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Awesome.
#7 Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn@RazzaTazz@ragdollpurps@ReVamp@TheGoldenOne:  Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

@X35: Thanks. I def. love those covers as well. I did consider the Weapon X one but I have to admit I forgot about the Fallen Son one (which is great).  There's a lot of good ones I had to leave out and it does kinda suck that I had to leave out some cool ones from the X-Titles also but I had to limit myself somehow.
#8 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX: Well, all these covers are pretty good too, so it's understandable.

Except this:

That era of marvel comics presents covers are hideous with the surreal Wolverines. You could make a whole topic dedicated to those atrocities.

#9 Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35: Ha. Well it's two of my favorites characters done in the style of the Maxx (which I loved the MTV animated series back when). Sam Kieth's art doesn't work for everything but I thought that one was cool. It's funny that it's got the same scene really as my #2 done by Ron Garney.
#10 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

44 and 28 are cool. I actully thought 4 would be #1, but the first one does look cool...

#11 Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet: Thanks mate. I love when characters suit up ha ha. The number one is by one of my absolute favorite artists Jae Lee and one of my favorite stories is The Divine Comedy so you throw the two of them together and it's perfection.
#12 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick dude! These are awesome brah!

#13 Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skunkstein: Thank you sir. Appreciated.
#14 Posted by The Impersonator (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome list, bub.

#15 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

And, besides a fantastic list (though i'd disagree with your top choices ;P) SOMEone's got to also give you much applause for your layout of hte list. Must have taken you ages. Nice design, man!

#16 Posted by SoA (5113 posts) - - Show Bio

very cool little tribute

#17 Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
@feebadger @SoA: Thanks again. Always appreciated.
#18 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

How did I miss this?!?

I love this list --- fantastic picks and so many memories nudged. Well done!

#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved #4!  Wolverine's time in Japan has remained to be one of the greatest Wolverine stories I had ever read next to his Weapon X story!

#20 Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis: Thanks. I'm glad people are getting another chance to see the list as well.  
@Rabbitearsblog: Can't wait to see the next Wolverine movie take place in Japan. A lot of my favorite stories involve his time there.
#21 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
@lykopis: Thanks. I'm glad people are getting another chance to see the list as well.  
@Rabbitearsblog: Can't wait to see the next Wolverine movie take place in Japan. A lot of my favorite stories involve his time there.
Me too!!
#22 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@IrishX said:
@lykopis: Thanks. I'm glad people are getting another chance to see the list as well.
Me too!!

**sneaks in**

Me three!

**sneaks out**

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazingly done!

#24 Posted by IrishX (2461 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997: Thanks mate.
#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX: I'm a big fan of Wolverine myself and I really like what you have done.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.