Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16085 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Mutants in Old Man Logan? (WARNING SPOLIERS)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Okay I just picked up the hardcover of the Old Man Logan story yesterday, and after reading about three times already, I noticed where Emma talks about how there is only twenty Mutants left in the world and how there has been a Mutant born in close to 40 years (which does sound a lot like what's happing right now in current Marvel time), and how she talks about Mutants were just a "Blip", just brief genetic anomaly, but after looking over this, I have been wondering, could this be ture? Yes I know that you could say that this takes place in another universe, but this could be the future of the Marvel universe, we don't know how far into the future the Night the Heroes Fell takes place, but I'm just wondering if Mutants were just a mess up, just a weird warp in the human gene?

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AngelFrost

Mutants are rare humans who are genetically  evolved far beyong normal humans.
     So yes, it is a 'warp' in the human gene.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @AngelFrost said:
    "Mutants are rare humans who are genetically  evolved far beyong normal humans.  So yes, it is a 'warp' in the human gene. "
    Yeah, but I'm jsut wondering if maybe they we're just a blip, and that what's happening right now in X-Men and X-Titles with no Mutants being born (other then Hope), is this going down the same road, (I could just be looking into this a little to much though)
    Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
    The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The Phoenix Child

If it is based on the 616 time line then it wasn't a warp in human gene, it was Scarlet witch's fault why things became that way because it was said that mutants are the next step to human evolution...thus people are meant to have a little "X"tra in the future of their generation.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The Phoenix Child said:
    "If it is based on the 616 time line then it wasn't a warp in human gene, it was Scarlet witch's fault why things became that way because it was said that mutants are the next step to human evolution...thus people are meant to have a little "X"tra in the future of their generation. "
    But one could say that Mutants being the "Next Step" is just a theroy and not just facted, and you just also remember that the Scarlet Witch moved the powers, she didn't destory them
    Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, actually in the another reality (I think it was universe X or something like that) it was explained that the x-gene is the result of experimentation from the Celestious (Is that how u spell there name) and that they actually doomed the human species because of if the humans did evolve naturally they be more like wolverine. Immune to diseases, healing, etc. (This is of course saying Wolverine is a different species than human, seeing how he evolved from human and wasn't a mutant but an evolved form of his species).
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By The WeatherMan

Just depends on how Marvel wants to tackle the issue. How the writers want to carry out the mutant storylines, I mean, anything can happen really. All it takes is someone like Scarlet Witch going "Everyone is a Mutant" and BAM! reality changed. But right now they really are playing the whole extermination of species angle.
    dp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dp

why isnt deadpool in the old man logan series he cant die he can live forever they sould make him appear in the series
    voidroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By voidroid

I'd say it's just an alternate universe thing.  Remember Bishop's future?  That still applied at the end of Endangered Species.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.