Magneto and adamantium

#1 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

I am kind of confused on how Magneto took the adamantium out of Wolverine. It appears that he liquified the metal and ripped it out of him. Also, in the movies it shows magneto bending it with little effort. I read up on magneto's powers and it said that he has the ability to liquify metals including Adamantium. I thought once Adamantium was solid, it couldn't be melted, but does that mean it can't be liquified by other means? I think that there is anti-metal or anti-vibranium or something like that that can liquify metals including adamantium as well. Can someone explain this? Is magneto just manipulating the adamantium on an atomic level witch makes it appear liquid? Thanks!

#2 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

weaponx says:

Is magneto just manipulating the adamantium on an atomic level witch makes it appear liquid? Thanks!"

The short answer is yes, though the molecular level would probably suffice. He wouldn't have to go to the atomic level.

Magneto of the comic books is much more powerful than his movie counterpart. Manipulating adamantium is childsplay.

Post Edited:2008-04-04 18:45:48

#3 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, it can also be not making adamantium to liquid form but rather change its' shape, since metal is highly malleable it can be bended, so the incident where in Magneto extracted it from Wolverine is that the adamantium was made to go out of Wolverine's pore and skin so it passed through like veins.

#4 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

IcePrince_X says:

"For me, it can also be not making adamantium to liquid form but rather change its' shape, since metal is highly malleable it can be bended, so the incident where in Magneto extracted it from Wolverine is that the adamantium was made to go out of Wolverine's pore and skin so it passed through like veins."

Its not when its hardened. At the state it was it be impossible just to try and manipulate it unless you do it at a very small level. Molecular level.

#5 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, that helps ease my mind a little.

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28049 posts) - - Show Bio

for everyone that hasnt seen it yet

#7 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

caption

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.