Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16085 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Logans healing factor vs heart removal

Avatar image for mr_allaboutwolverine
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lets say theoreticly that a super vilain posses a power that allows him to remove Wolverines heart.
    Will this ingury be to serious for his healing factor and Logan dies or he will be fine but it will take time.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Jotham

He'll probably "die" but regenerate after a while.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By warlock360

His body has been somewhat burnt to a crisp and only a few limbs were attached and he still regenerated.

Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jotham said:
    " He'll probably "die" but regenerate after a while. "
    So you are saying that he'll go into a coma and if it won't take long he'll regenerate without brain damage??

@Voidheart said:
    " His body has been somewhat burnt to a crisp and only a few limbs were attached and he still regenerated. "

Yeah but we aren't talking about muscles or skin but a important orane to live.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warlock360
    @Mr.AllAboutWolverine: yea well lets say he didnt have any organs at that time : )
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Voidheart said:
    " @Mr.AllAboutWolverine: yea well lets say he didnt have any organs at that time : ) "
    Sorry, misunderstooded your post :)
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.AllAboutWolverine: yes, he can. not sure why this is even a question. he was burnt off clean until there was nothing left but his cooked brain inside his skull and healed back, twice now. im sure his heart has already been destroyed, though i cant remember where right now, i know Deadpool had his shot out
    the back of his body in chunks in Magnum Opus. thats what weapon x healing factors do, they heal back everything.
    Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Didn't Logan regenerate from a nuclear bomb once when he was completely wiped out except his adamantium skeleton?

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jotham
    @Mr.AllAboutWolverine: Well, 'coma' doesn't really fit. I'm saying he would die like a normal human but his body wouldn't decompose or deteriorate. Meanwhile, his heart is growing back. When he's healed, he comes back to life.
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CATMANEXE said:
    " @Mr.AllAboutWolverine: yes, he can. not sure why this is even a question. he was burnt off clean until there was nothing left but his cooked brain inside his skull and healed back, twice now. im sure his heart has already been destroyed, though i cant remember where right now, i know Deadpool had his shot out the back of his body in chunks in Magnum Opus. thats what weapon x healing factors do, they heal back everything. "
    Why this is a question ??
    Well when after the fire explosion there was nothing except adamantium and Logan died. After wining his life he had a spiritual pass on earth. I'm wondering how it would be in real life, with no death to fight.

@Donnieman v5.1 said:
    " Didn't Logan regenerate from a nuclear bomb once when he was completely wiped out except his adamantium skeleton? "

That was in Ultimate reality I'm asking about Logna from earth-616
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.AllAboutWolverine: 
    what are you talking about? he lost all of his organs and flesh. he healed them back.
    so if he loses his heart it will heal back. what are you talking about spiritual pass?
    in your imagination or did someone else tell you this? he was reduced to next to nothing
    and he healed back, its as simple as that.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

the answer i repeat, is yes he can. so there is no question. if he can heal all of his organs back once theyre gone, at once, why would he have a problem with just one?
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CATMANEXE said:
    " @Mr.AllAboutWolverine: 
    what are you talking about? he lost all of his organs and flesh. he healed them back.
    so if he loses his heart it will heal back. what are you talking about spiritual pass?
    in your imagination or did someone else tell you this? he was reduced to next to nothing
    and he healed back, its as simple as that.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Before healing he fought Azrael to win his life back, it is somehow spiritual, right ??
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.AllAboutWolverine: no.
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan killed so many people that Death appeared to kill him, but hi won winning his life and  privileges that allows him fight for coming back to life.
    If thats not magic or something, than I don't know. 

"if he can heal all of his organs back once theyre gone, at once, why would he have a problem with just one?  "

Your right but there is a paradox if he died from bleeding out why he can't die from burning him to bones ??

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.AllAboutWolverine: i dont think you know what your talking about, sorry. it hink you need to read more issues with Wolverine in them (like the ones i put up scans from for instance) and stop trying to inject what isnt in the comics into it from whatever your spiritual belief and from real life, since it doesnt apply. im still not sure why this is such a task... 

@Mr.AllAboutWolverine wrote:

Lets say theoreticly that a super vilain posses a power that allows him to remove Wolverines heart.
    Will this ingury be to serious for his healing factor and Logan dies or he will be fine but it will take time.

yes he will be fine, it will take time, not alot. thats the answer. there is nothing else to it.
    Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I think that is how it is in comics. Nothing is sure, creator always will write something that will confuse us ;P
    So many question I can ask but never a clear answer.
    XP

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr.AllAboutWolverine: 
    huh? most of them do have a clear answer. theyre given in the comics. 
    physically, even though its improbable in our world, Wolverine just heals back.
    so does X-23, Daken, Sabretooth did, Hulk, Iceman, and any other amounts i can name. 

the clear answer is: if his heart is removed from his body he will live and grow a new one.
    i dont get what is difficult about something so easy to understand.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LT1085

Wolverine CAN die from heavy damage now. Before he could be nothing left but a few bits of charred flesh on a shiny adamantium frame and regenerate from that by resurrecting himself by defeating some guy in a red overcoat with a sword in Logan's mind or something like that if i remember correctly. Now he allegedly used up all of his get out of jail free cards; so the next time he dies it is for good (don't even bother telling me that no one dies for good in comics). Deadpool is cursed with eternal life so HIS heart would just grow back.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LT1085: sorry but no. proof? in scans of this being said? first key words: " in his mind". as in a representation of the struggle with the pain he was going through. second. Deadpools heart doesnt regenerate from immortality, it regenerates from his healing factor. since when does he now die for good? the muramusa didnt even kill him when he was stabbed with it. scans and proof please.
    did the Hulk and Iceman also use up there "get out of jail free cards" ? lmao.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LT1085
    @CATMANEXE said:

" @LT1085: sorry but no. proof? in scans of this being said? first key words: " in his mind". as in a representation of the struggle with the pain he was going through. second. Deadpools heart doesnt regenerate from immortality, it regenerates from his healing factor. since when does he now die for good? the muramusa didnt even kill him when he was stabbed with it. scans and proof please. did the Hulk and Iceman also use up there "get out of jail free cards" ? lmao. "

What an smug prick you are. Lazaer is the guy that he fights, he is supposed to be like an angel of death. Issues are Wolverine 48-60. "in his mind" just happened to be the words that i wrote while trying to remember a page of a comic that i read a couple of years ago. Deadpool obviously regenerates because of his healing factor; he stays alive because he was cursed with immortality. Wolverine can die if his healing factor doesn't repair him in time if the injuries are too extensive. That story arc massively downgraded his healing factor. Its a comic book numbnuts they aren't going to kill every character they can because they can. They are all main characters , they'll be around for a while. I've read some of your other posts and this kind of thoughtless arrogance is not uncommon with you. I'll assume that you were abused as a child or that you were the smelly kid in class and grew up with this defense mechanism. So with that holding, i guess i can't get too upset with you for trolling every comment you can. If you are so concerned with the scans, then stop being so lazy and google it. I just did most of the work for you; and I was just making a passing comment. 
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LT1085: great, thanks for the lovely thoughts? again, proof? where is it stated that if he gets massive trauma he will die now? im not buying that, show me otherwise.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LT1085
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @LT1085: great, thanks for the lovely thoughts? again, proof? where is it stated that if he gets massive trauma he will die now? im not buying that, show me otherwise. "
    Go buy the books and read it for yourself you lazy troll.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LT1085: i have them. with me. its not in there. unless this was an issue i somehow wasnt aware of (which you have so you will provide the issue number or scans, right?), and even if so its been retconned
    considering his most current issues. he has no problems taking severe damage currently in Origins, Weapon X, Psylocke, X-Force, or any of mini's, whether being reduced or functioning with large portions of himself missing, right clean to the bones.
    Treason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Treason

if i remember correctly it was during the fight with nova that they show this i think
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jotham

What I want to know is how he keeps growing his hair back to the same length every time he loses it.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LT1085
    @Jotham said:
    " What I want to know is how he keeps growing his hair back to the same length every time he loses it. "
    Secondary mutation. They clearly explain it in great depth in X-Men: S arcasmus Rising #9. Stating that he is simply too busy to have awkward hair. 
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jotham
    @LT1085 said:
    " @Jotham said:
    " What I want to know is how he keeps growing his hair back to the same length every time he loses it. "
    Secondary mutation. They clearly explain it in great depth in X-Men: S arcasmus Rising #9. Stating that he is simply too busy to have awkward hair.  "
    Well done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 123422

He was burned to practically nothin but skeleton in Wolverine #44

Mr.AllAboutWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of Super posts here, but we are not going to the way I want. 
    Every example has a little scar. 

I know that in comics he can grow back everything using only his brain cells. 
    (Brain is the only organ that was never damaged, so it can produce stem cell, which are transforming into any missing cell in body)

Also there is the spiritual thing. If someone thinks it has nothing to do with Logans "life and death", thats only his opinion.
    He was killed by the hand and revived - one examlpe.
    He fought the Angel of Death, won and now after he dies he can always fight to win his life or go to heaven or hell.

What I want to know how it would work in real life.
    We know that his healing factor would regrow his limb, keep him alive when his organs (which, for him, are not life threating when damaged), it can't save him from bleeding out to death, can't help when he don't have oxigene.
    He can be killed in a simple way: bleed out - 0% oxygene
    Thats why I'm asking.
    If heart regenerates to slow his brain will damage and maybe later cells will heal but some side effects may happen.

Taking his heart our for example by teleporting it, will leave a space which in time would fill with steam cells and change into heart. But then agaian there is a broblem. Won't a bubble air stuck in his weins while regenerating ? If yes, how healing factor will deal with that. 
    Also  time of regeneration is different. In one issue he regenerates faster and in other slower .
    EXAMPLE: 
    In two different issues he was burned to the bones, only breain remained.
    In one it took him maybe hour, max.
    In other, a day. 

Again the comic world gave us no clear answer XD

Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignoring the examples of nearly complete incineration, I'll point out that Wolverine had his heart ripped out and eaten in Logan #3 (and killed the guy who did it before he went down, Quake exploded his heart in Secret Wars and he grew a new one in three panels, and all his organs were harvested (save for his brain likely) in Wolverine: Chop Shop. Also Sabretooth may have ripped his heart out in Loebs run off panel.

EDIT: Also on Wolverine's post Lazaer Healing factor, Lazaer said you "might" not heal as fast anymore, but all evidence since then suggest that his healing factor is just as fast as it was before. I'm pretty sure he's fallen into a vat of molten metal and climbed out since then, and I'm not talking about crappy Origins Wayverine when he burnt his arms but full on skeletal immersion in the vat.

BrockTheRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes, I've seen him regenerate his heart after it explode in a few panels.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.