Jean Grey and Wolverine together soon?

#1 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that a lot of the things in the x-men stories are leading up to wolverine and jean possibly being together whenever she comes back (everyone knows marvel will never let her stay dead forever). Wolverine opening up a school in her name, Scott's character isn't the same when he was with her and he's with Emma. The AOA Jean with Wolverine was a teaser, but does anyone else think they'll end up together soon finally?

#2 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope... unless Wolverine is into Necrophilia.

Edit: She's more useful dead.

#3 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

logan and jean just don"t work i like them as just flirty friends. i would love if Wolvie and Rogue hooked up ik that probaly won"t happen but i can dream.

#5 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: Yes you can! It's just like Optimus Prime once said in one episode of the 80's Transformers cartoon "Don't give up on your dreams, the future is BUILT on dreams." Corny I know, but it sure beats hearing him say "My bad." doesn't it?

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis
It makes sense if you don't think about it.
#7 Edited by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

I'm guessing it's less to do with Schism = Jean returning to the mix as the feeling that there have been some steady hints over the last few years towards her return (Hope with her Phoenix/Jean connection, the appearance of AOA Jean in X-Force etc), and that a guess the post Schism re-organizing would be a good point to bring her back if she is going to come back. At least that how I've seen it so far, I've never entirely felt she has been absent in any case, so I don't really mind a full return, though I think if it's the AoA Jean to appear that might be more interesting.

I'm not sure about her and Logan being together though, I love them together in alternate realities like AoA, but it feels like there is far to much baggage attached with Jean in the main universe from her relationship with Scott (not least the two kids she has kinda had but not had in Cable and Rachel), though Logan has his own baggage so not sure. In any case, I like his current lover Melita now, she seems good for him, so I don't really want to see him just drop her case Jean has come back around (and I worry she might be the one person he might actually do this for)

Still one thing I hope she doesn't do if she comes back is go back to being with Scott, after the way he's treated her she would just seem like a door-mat if she did that, and a door-mat is definitely something Jean Grey isn't.

#8 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Well said but I think its only a matter of time before someone kills Melita even though I do like her for him, I just think they're setting up Jean Grey for Wolverine. Esp with the way Scott is turning, also he was a pansy when he was with Jean I like him wayyyy more with Emma even though her character took a downgrade with him

@lykopis:

I'm guessing it's less to do with Schism = Jean returning to the mix as the feeling that there have been some steady hints over the last few years towards her return (Hope with her Phoenix/Jean connection, the appearance of AOA Jean in X-Force etc), and that a guess the post Schism re-organizing would be a good point to bring her back if she is going to come back. At least that how I've seen it so far, I've never entirely felt she has been absent in any case, so I don't really mind a full return, though I think if it's the AoA Jean to appear that might be more interesting.

I'm not sure about her and Logan being together though, I love them together in alternate realities like AoA, but it feels like there is far to much baggage attached with Jean in the main universe from her relationship with Scott (not least the two kids she has kinda had but not had in Cable and Rachel), though Logan has his own baggage so not sure. In any case, I like his current lover Melita now, she seems good for him, so I don't really want to see him just drop her case Jean has come back around (and I worry she might be the one person he might actually do this for)

Still one thing I hope she doesn't do if she comes back is go back to being with Scott, after the way he's treated her she would just seem like a door-mat if she did that, and a door-mat is definitely something Jean Grey isn't.

#9 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been indifferent to the prospect of a Wolverine/Jean Grey romance, but either way I'd really like to see their relationship resolved one way or another if and when she returns. I'd hate to see them fall into the same "Oh! I want to, but we musn't!" routine all over again. Whether they make it or not, I'd really like them to confront their passion for one another, because something has to be done about Wolverine's obsession with her. It got really creepy a long, long time ago, and I think it keeps any other woman (such as Melita) from becoming a key player in his love life.

I'd actually prefer them not to end up together because I want Jean to go solo for a while. She's always been kind of stuck in the role of the love interest, which I think hinders her character developement (along with the Phoenix Force, of course). I want to see what becomes of her when she isn't defined by being merely the ultimate love interest for Scott and Logan and a vessle for the Phoenix Force. I don't think that any writer has really tried to figure out who she is beyond those two aspects of her character.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio

A Wolverine writer penning it and people are surprised that Schism was skewed?

#11 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

ha catfight jean and melita
#12 Edited by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

I've always been indifferent to the prospect of a Wolverine/Jean Grey romance, but either way I'd really like to see their relationship resolved one way or another if and when she returns. I'd hate to see them fall into the same "Oh! I want to, but we musn't!" routine all over again. Whether they make it or not, I'd really like them to confront their passion for one another, because something has to be done about Wolverine's obsession with her. It got really creepy a long, long time ago, and I think it keeps any other woman (such as Melita) from becoming a key player in his love life.

I'd actually prefer them not to end up together because I want Jean to go solo for a while. She's always been kind of stuck in the role of the love interest, which I think hinders her character developement (along with the Phoenix Force, of course). I want to see what becomes of her when she isn't defined by being merely the ultimate love interest for Scott and Logan and a vessle for the Phoenix Force. I don't think that any writer has really tried to figure out who she is beyond those two aspects of her character.

I feel pretty similar. Though I actually like Logan and Jean together in some realities (like AoA) and liked how they were sometimes in the past, I do think they need to resolve (if she comes back) what is between one way or another (no more Lancelot/Guinevereish stuff anymore). In some ways I think them actually being together could be interesting, and admittedly they haven't actually tried it before (though for myself I'm still favouring Melita for him, after reading some of those nice little shorts like Logan finally admitting he actually had a girlfriend in her, and his birthday party as well as her use in the mine Wolvie stories I've come to really like her as his lover).

But I also agree that whatever they are going to do with Logan and Jean, they need to do some defining of who she is first, seperate from Scott, Logan and the Phoenix Force, she's in real need of some new character building stories, allowing her to be defined by something else besides love triangles and flaming birds. Who knows, a romance then with Logan or anyone else might actually be more interesting with a much more well rounded Jean character.

@lykopis - I worry you're right, it does seem after what she saw in Logan's head that she would lose. I did really feel sorry for her there, and felt like kicking Logan a bit. He really needs to get his act together one way or another, as it is surprising she stayed with him after that.

#13 Edited by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyraMyraMyra said:

I'd actually prefer them not to end up together because I want Jean to go solo for a while. She's always been kind of stuck in the role of the love interest, which I think hinders her character developement (along with the Phoenix Force, of course). I want to see what becomes of her when she isn't defined by being merely the ultimate love interest for Scott and Logan and a vessle for the Phoenix Force. 

*Applauds*    

Very well said. If she comes back she needs to be her own character, not some object for Cyclops and Wolverine to fight over.
#14 Posted by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, the latest issue of Wolverine seems to show Logan and Melita taking a break of some sorts from their relationship to sort out other issues in their lives (him setting up the new school, her pursuing reporting opportunities). Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that they might be shelving the relationship as a prelude to ending it completely. Sad if my feelings true, but that is the vibe I'm getting, and together with those Phoenix images in this 'Point One' event could be where Jean returns.

So yeah, the Logan/Jean thing is looking more likely to me now.

#15 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

yea its bound to happen im hoping it does the sooner they bring her back the sooner they get together and they make a ginger baby wolverine

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that the writers need to develop Jean Grey's character first before they hook her up with Wolverine or Cyclops because all we keep knowing about Jean Grey is that she is a love interest for both Wolverine and Cyclops and we don't know anything about what she is like as a person. I also think that Jean Grey should not hook up with Cyclops again because Cyclops is dating Emma now and I really don't want to see Cyclops leave another girl again for Jean Grey.

#17 Posted by butterflykyss (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree that the writers need to develop Jean Grey's character first before they hook her up with Wolverine or Cyclops because all we keep knowing about Jean Grey is that she is a love interest for both Wolverine and Cyclops and we don't know anything about what she is like as a person. I also think that Jean Grey should not hook up with Cyclops again because Cyclops is dating Emma now and I really don't want to see Cyclops leave another girl again for Jean Grey.

I totally agree with this. That and the PF is about all there is to her character sadly.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I totally agree with this. That and the PF is about all there is to her character sadly.

Yeah, it's like every time the Phoenix Force comes into the picture, that's all the writers could do for Jean's character, just say that she is an entity of the Phoenix Force and that's all.

#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my. So it;s gonna be Cyclops and Storm, then Wolverine and Jean Grey?>

This isn't right. It should be Wolverine and Storm, and then CYclops and Jean

#20 Edited by God_Spawn (37379 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

No it won't be Cyclops and Storm, that's just another one of Marvel's dumb teaser images that never follow through. Emma and Namor have had a bunch and none of them proved truthful.

Moderator Online
#21 Posted by God_Spawn (37379 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Cykes will stay together, Panther and Storm will stay and Wolverine and Jean is decades in the making. Maybe this time he won't have a girlfriend that dies.....nvm.

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

#23 Posted by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Emma and Cykes will stay together, Panther and Storm will stay and Wolverine and Jean is decades in the making. Maybe this time he won't have a girlfriend that dies.....nvm.

I guess this could be the reason Logan remains stuck on Jean, as while she may and does die, she always comes back. So in his mind maybe this equals perfect girlfriend material lol :) . I'm not against Logan and Jean in itself (I love the AoA version), I just hope if they are going to get them together, the writers commit to it, and don't have them angsting around for ages, been there, done that to many times.

@jhazzroucher: that said, I'm with you in pairing Wolvie and Storm in the main universe, I've always thought they would be great together ever since the 80's. Ah well, that doesn't look like it will ever happen in 616, I just hope this kiss with Scott isn't what it looks like (not that I actually think he would leave Emma for Storm, unless she found out, but I wouldn't be surprised at him attempting to fool around, he's been doing it since leaving Maddie, I just don't want to see them bring Storm down to his level).

#24 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be good to see Cyclops' reaction to Jean returning, Emma's too.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Westlife said:

It'd be good to see Cyclops' reaction to Jean returning, Emma's too.

He might be surprised she's back but Jean already gave Scott the ok to let go of her and live his life with Emma back in Phoenix Endsong.

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn
Yeah I read it. I meant how he reacts to Jean being back because she's back, not because he's doing Emma. Also I'd like to see Emma's reaction to Jean returning.
#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

#28 Posted by God_Spawn (37379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Westlife said:

@god_spawn: Yeah I read it. I meant how he reacts to Jean being back because she's back, not because he's doing Emma. Also I'd like to see Emma's reaction to Jean returning.

One of her random appearances lol, I want to see his reaction she comes back and starts doing Wolverine.

@NightwalkerRevan: Cyclops kissing Storm is just a false poster, a teaser image for something they won't deliver. It's just to get people to pick up Astonishing which has pretty much sucked since Whedon's run. Storm probably has a better shot making out Logan than she does Cyclops. And just to touch on the second part. when exactly has Scott tried to cheat on Emma? He's been loyal to her and vice versa and it's ironic you say that since in Regenesis Scott almost spilled his guts over Emma thinking about leaving to go teach with Wolverine and saying he couldn't lead without her. He pretty much groveled and Emma liquidated her assets to keep his dream afloat to bankroll the X-men.

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Not so much to Emma as Scott's general history of infidelity (to be fair he hasn't cheated on Emma, though there hasn't been a anyone else appearing on the scene to attract his attention). It started with Maddie, as soon as Jean appeared alive again, he left Madyline, his then pregnant wife, to go to Jean (all the while never bothering to tell Jean anything about Maddie until around the time it all kinda hit the fan in Inferno and he had to come clean), then there was his flirting with Betts, and finally his psychic 'it's not really an affair because we did it telepathically' thing with Emma.

So it's more his pattern of behaviour over the years for me that marks the guy as a serial adulterer despite his boy scout image. So with Emma hopefully he's changed (particularly if she holds the purse strings) but until a significant rival interest emerges we won't know yet. And hopefully you're right about the Storm/Cyke thing, for the sake of Storm's character.

#30 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno...I think the chemistry between Jean and Logan seems to work best on a "less is more" basis. Like Wolverine's past, I found it more compelling when it was something that was hinted at and used to tease the reader.

#31 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm almost positive if Jean comes back she'll be with Logan. He named an effing school after her, bitches love schools.

#32 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No it won't be Cyclops and Storm, that's just another one of Marvel's dumb teaser images that never follow through. Emma and Namor have had a bunch and none of them proved truthful.

Which was a wise move by Marvel, since having Emma cheat on Scott would not be conducive to the writer's health O_O 

@Duchess said:

I'm almost positive if Jean comes back she'll be with Logan. He named an effing school after her, bitches love schools.

Or she'll be like; 
"Dude... Seriously? We kissed like four times. You know I was married to another person, right? And I mean, yeh, you were pretty hot and everything and I flirted with you because I'm a bitch, but...well, this is pretty creepy..." 

But in all seriousness, they probably will have the two of them together pretty soon. 
#33 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: That's what a normal woman would say. But Jean? "Logan, oh Logan, you named a school after me? Why I just love you co much I'm just going to explode in a fiery ball of passion and devour the whole universe!" (All in Scarlett's voice from Gone with the Wind, slowly transforming into an angry Khloe Kardashian).

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duchess: In all honesty, if that happened, I would actually start reading X-Men again haha
#35 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Well when I'm writing the books, I'll be sure to add that in.

#36 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duchess: (Thumbs up) Just make sure Jean dies again after. 
#37 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: I'm gonna have Emma do it too.

#38 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation said:

@LoganRogue24: Yes you can! It's just like Optimus Prime once said in one episode of the 80's Transformers cartoon "Don't give up on your dreams, the future is BUILT on dreams." Corny I know, but it sure beats hearing him say "My bad." doesn't it?

great quotation :)

#39 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

*thumbs up*

#40 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

wow this is exciting i guess. lol

#41 Edited by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Well with X-Force 17 AoA Jean seems (along with allot of the rest of the AoA X-Men) to have come to 616. So do you think this is the rumoured Jean return or is 616 Jean still coming, in which case we will have to Jean Grey's running around (possibly both with Phoenix powers, not to mention Hope, I have a feeling this Phoenix return event will lead to a headache for me...)

If this is the case, which one if any would be Logan love interest, or will there be a new triangle Logan and Jean and Jean (I hope not, I'm getting tired of Logan in love triangles)

#42 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Nope... unless Wolverine is into Necrophilia. Edit: She's more useful dead.

Disagree. Seeing as how Fantomex seems to be able to travel back and forth to the Age of Apocalypse, where Jean Grey is still alive, Wolverine and AoA Jean could have a relationship.

#43 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Cyclops and Wolverine splitting up the X-Men = throwing Jean Grey into the mix (whether as a potential love interest of Wolverine or not) would REALLY push it for me.

Ahahahahaha, very true. I would like to see it though.

See tears roll down Scott's face. That would at least make me laugh..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.