Jackman excited to start Wolverine movie

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12774 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Samurai FTW

Lets hope it's better than Wolverine last solo film......

#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle
I was sure that the villain is going to be Silver Samurai, since the movie is about the Japanese period of Logan's life.
#4 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

I love silver samurai but I hope they do the movie good.

#5 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it cant be worse than X-men Origins. Do you guys prefer subtitles (takes place in Japan afterall) or all english? This has the makings to be a great movie, not just a great comic movie.
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I was kind of hoping for Omega Red to make an appearance but I can deal with Silver Samurai 

#7 Posted by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
Silver Samurai FTW  Lets hope it's better than Wolverine last solo film......
Hopefully they'll do the smart thing and ignore everything that happened in Origins....
#8 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
@cattlebattle said:
Hopefully they'll do the smart thing and ignore everything that happened in Origins....

That's what they said they was gonna do.
#9 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1848 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said: 

@cattlebattle said: 

Well wouldn't that disrupt the flow of the Wolverine films?
#10 Posted by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crimson Eagle said:
@War Killer said: 

@cattlebattle said: 

Nope, it would save them :P
#11 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet they'll forget something critical that will piss off the fans like filming all of the scenes in Wisconsin or introducing Daken as an unimportant side character.

#12 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie will suck, I guarantee it. You don't lose a director like Arronovsky unless you were messing with his ideas. Studio interference made Wolverine Origins an awful movie. It started out great, then faded to bad.

#13 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@perry_411 said:
This movie will suck, I guarantee it. You don't lose a director like Arronovsky unless you were messing with his ideas. Studio interference made Wolverine Origins an awful movie. It started out great, then faded to bad.

He quit because the movie being filmed in Japan would take him away from his family for an extended period of time.
#14 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: I'm with you.
#15 Posted by FearTheLiving (3116 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
QFT
#16 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
  Do you guys prefer subtitles (takes place in Japan afterall) or all english?
I would want the Japanese to speak Japanese. I know it's comic-based but a little additional authenticity wouldn't hurt.
#17 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

Jackman is excited to be Wolverine again, and I'm excited to see the next Wolverine movie.

#18 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crimson Eagle said:
@War Killer said: 

@cattlebattle said: 

Why? You don't have to acknowledge everything in the previous films to have continuity. I think as comic book fans a lot of people forget that because stories are a lot of the time throwbacks to earlier material...but even so, most comic book stories, especially ones that involve Wolverine, hardly delve into his past. 

Also, he has amnesia, why would they need to involve anything from the first movie?
#19 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1848 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said: 

@Crimson Eagle said: 

@War Killer said: 

@cattlebattle said: 

Why? You don't have to acknowledge everything in the previous films to have continuity. I think as comic book fans a lot of people forget that because stories are a lot of the time throwbacks to earlier material...but even so, most comic book stories, especially ones that involve Wolverine, hardly delve into his past. 

Also, he has amnesia, why would they need to involve anything from the first movie?
Well that's true. In my POV I just thought they would do flashbacks sort of like what they did in X2.
#20 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

Cool.

Jackman is excited to be Wolverine again, and I'm excited to see the next Wolverine movie.

Me too. ^__^ 
On a side note, I was eating at a Japanese restaurant with my bro and guess who we saw? ^_________^
#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be excited to be Wolverine again too. Please don't let this one disappoint. First Class gave me new hopes for these movies. 

#22 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
Can't be any worse lol O_O I think next step is Catwoman with Halle
#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Please for the love of god make this film rated R.

I want to see some arms being chopped off... Not some stupid PG-13 crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.