Is Wolverine Rich?

Posted by Postacrat (487 posts) - - Show Bio

I have noticed a lot of my fellow comic viners asking about how wolverine was able to fund his new School for the gifted. I myself had always assumed when a person lives as long as wolverine, he would have invested in something or set up a bank account. Was wolverine ever a paid Mercenary? I do believe he was well paid when he worked with LL&L, so my question is does wolverine have some kind of stash hidden that writers may have referenced at some point? I was always curious if Wolverine had any income, can someone fill me in if they know?

#1 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking he's using government money honestly. Shield and Avenger connections to really make the school

#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (15745 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he had Swiss bank accounts from the times he was adventuring.

#3 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely, Logan would have several bank accounts in several names all over the world. I also doubt he'd use government money as that tends to lead them calling in the favor and I doubt he trusts them to stay out of it.

#4 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1164 posts) - - Show Bio

wait but Logan has no memory of his past right now if he saved up money from when her first woke up then yeah he should have a good amount of money saved up i would think.

#5 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine probably is loaded, I don't think it has been referenced though.

As for funding the school, remember Psylocke and M are rich, and I believe Fantomex and Rogue are also rich. Plus a bunch of people probably owe Wolverine favors.

#6 Posted by Postacrat (487 posts) - - Show Bio

@tim2081: I wonder what happened to the money he made with Domino in X-Force? Wasn't that a big hit for them?

#7 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24:

He regained his memory years ago.

#8 Posted by Kairan1979 (15745 posts) - - Show Bio

@Postacrat:

Wolverine donated the money to Japanese orphanage.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

@Postacrat:

Wolverine donated the money to Japanese orphanage.

Damn. Beat me to it.

#10 Posted by Doombert (506 posts) - - Show Bio

He made a comment to heather hudson that he keeps a "small" bit of money tucked away when she inqured about his finances before.

The world may never know.

#11 Posted by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Well grandfather Howlett sent Dog to find and get Logan back because he was his heir in Origin. So if he kept Logan (as James Howlett) as his sole heir in his will and left that fortune in trust for him, it's possible that fortune could have endured to the present day. With his memories back Logan would be able to claim it and who knows, with all those years of interest, he could be as wealthy as Warren without even realizing it yet :)

#12 Posted by Postacrat (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Well grandfather Howlett sent Dog to find and get Logan back because he was his heir in Origin. So if he kept Logan (as James Howlett) as his sole heir in his will and left that fortune in trust for him, it's possible that fortune could have endured to the present day. With his memories back Logan would be able to claim it and who knows, with all those years of interest, he could be as wealthy as Warren without even realizing it yet :)

Now that I can see, after all Grandfather Howlett did regret his actions and treatment of young James. Dog just took it upon himself to use that as an oppertunity to kill James. Since his Granfather was looking for him to claim what was rightfully his by inheritance anyway, it is feasible that he may have just died and left his asset's for a Howlett to claim. He could be as wealthy as Warren, possibly wealthier.

#13 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, if Logan Was rich, then isn't he being something of a prick for letting Warren fund X-Force???

As for whether or not he has an income. He does receive pay as an Avenger... That was mentioned around issue 7 of New Avengers... Poor Spidey doesn't get a check because the government won't write a check out to a secret identity...

Maybe Warren has died again and it just hasn't been shown yet... and Warren then leaves everything to Logan???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.