Is Wolverine #310 Worth Buying???

#1 Posted by kikiGLOW (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Went to the comic shop today and Wolverine 310 was already sold out...45 minutes after the store opened (I still don't understand how that happened). So has anybody here read it yet? Is it worth buying? What would you rate it out of 5?

#2 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

@kikiGLOW: I hated it

#3 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. It was a bunch of meh. Pretty lame ass reveal to boot.

Also major lol at them being so desperate to release Wolverine #310 they shipped it BEFORE #309. Marvel are completely lost, aren't they? So stupid.

#4 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

it was meh. and when sabretooth was killed, logan cut off his right arm also. in the grave he has his arm attached. i was like WTF? is that a plot point? no? just stupid drawing?ok. moving on.

#5 Posted by kikiGLOW (34 posts) - - Show Bio

wow that bad, huh? I was looking forward to it.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, it was normal for lobe

#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@kikiGLOW: I wouldn't say bad... just... meh. Like there's no other way to describe it than "meh". Pretty much everyone in this topic has used "meh" to describe it. It's just distinctly unimpressive. It's not bad but it's just not good. It's like a generic color-by-numbers Wolverine issue with Cloak and Dagger randomly inserted and a lame reveal with "Sabretooth".

If you're looking for Sabretooth, he's pretty much just in the last few pages. The rest is all Romulus, Cloak and Dagger being there for some reason and weirdly rendered flashbacks.

#8 Posted by HaydrianPayne (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot say anything for the actual issue in question, but I can say that I believe that the current Wolverine run isn't all that, which is the reason for which I primarily dropped the series from my pull list.

@X35 said:

@kikiGLOW: I wouldn't say bad... just... meh. Like there's no other way to describe it than "meh". Pretty much everyone in this topic has used "meh" to describe it. It's just distinctly unimpressive.

I think that X describes quite well my feelings on the run, its not specifically that its bad or cringe worthy in any way, its the fact that the run is unimpressive unto itself.

#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaydrianPayne: This isn't really a "run"... in the last 5 issues they've gone from a run from Aaron to a story by Bunn to this story by Loeb. Skipping over #309 for some reason because they were so desperate to get to this #310... I can't even comprehend why they didn't number this #309 since next month they're releasing #309 and it's a stand-alone story by ANOTHER writer (they could've easily held that back until after this story rather than confuse everyone.

#10 Posted by HaydrianPayne (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@HaydrianPayne: This isn't really a "run"... in the last 5 issues they've gone from a run from Aaron to a story by Bunn to this story by Loeb. Skipping over #309 for some reason because they were so desperate to get to this #310... I can't even comprehend why they didn't number this #309 since next month they're releasing #309 and it's a stand-alone story by ANOTHER writer (they could've easily held that back until after this story rather than confuse everyone.

I wasn't aware of this. I generally don't pay much attention to who writes what, so I was under the assumption that this was still under Aaron's pen. Even worse, then.

SMH.

#11 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Im picking up my books tomorrow and if this arc isn't good I'm dropping it.

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe this was one of my most looked forward to books of the month and now its the last thing in the pile I read.

#13 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Romulus was a shitty idea with shittier results. I hate Marvel

#14 Posted by hobanho (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I've loved Wolverine's book with Jason Aaron writing it, and the past few issues with Cullen Bunn.. but Loeb handling how Sabretooth came back is kind of scary, and it's basically exactly what I was dreading it would be so far.

#15 Posted by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't even belive that you people are still reading wolverine,he is in like 100.000 marvel comic books every month

he is stale as hell

#16 Posted by kikiGLOW (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Not hearing good things so far but I'll read it anyway . @baron2011 Wolverine is my favourite marvel character so I'll pretty much read any comic involving him no matter how "overrated" he is.

#17 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@kikiGLOW said:

Not hearing good things so far but I'll read it anyway . @baron2011 Wolverine is my favourite marvel character so I'll pretty much read any comic involving him no matter how "overrated" he is.

I hope you are following this arc because there seems to be a major plot twist at the end of issue 112.

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

Average.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.