Is this a sign of things to come? (Wolverine {Lupin} Evolution)

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

We've seen wovlerine evolve and Sapbretooth as well, so if you put these characters in order of age (presumably) the lupines seem to continue to grow and evolve even in the slightest. So if it werent for writers and fans never wanting their favorite characters to stay the same, would this be some what close to what the lupin aging process might look like to a degree?

WO Wildchid

X-Men #3

#2 Posted by olcanucklehead (37 posts) - - Show Bio

good theory... 

if youre saying Daken -> Wildchild -> Wolverine -> Sabretooth -> Romulus I would disagree because honestly these 4 are equally matched except for if Wolves were to go berserker.  

but Daken -> Wolverine  

and Wildchild -> Sabretooth  

^^Would make sense and have both of them potentially evolve to Romulus
#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@olcanucklehead:
i was thinking that as well, two sub-species from one ancestor species almost. I just kinda put them in order of presumed age but i thought the same thing when it came to breaking them down in to two groups. I only kept them in the same group bc Sabretooth always said that he is what Wolverine will become. So what are you saying about berserker wolverine? 

As for being equally matched idk about. I just ment there looks as well as their strengths. each new (youger) version seems to be more evolved and smaller but it seems like over time as they get older they atleast gain the size and strength like Sabretooth and Romulus  
#4 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:

"
We've seen wovlerine evolve and Sapbretooth as well, so if you put these characters in order of age (presumably) the lupines   

Lupine means like or related to a wolf (canis lupus)... but the "Wolv" in "Wolverine" is not derived from the wolf but the Canadian weasel known as the wolverine (gulo gulo)... the word would be guloien. 

Of course, you could use broader terms with respect to behavior such as "feral".  Given the topic, however, I don't expect change for the reason you give in your post fans want to see the same character and corporations want to build value in the same trademark over time (if you keep changing the trademark you have to start over each time).
#5 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mainline said:

"Lupine means like or related to a wolf (canis lupus)... but the "Wolv" in "Wolverine" is not derived from the wolf but the Canadian weasel known as the wolverine (gulo gulo)... the word would be guloien.  Of course, you could use broader terms with respect to behavior such as "feral".  Given the topic, however, I don't expect change for the reason you give in your post fans want to see the same character and corporations want to build value in the same trademark over time (if you keep changing the trademark you have to start over each time). "

lol your getting way to defined for me, i was just using the names and terms given by Marvel. What do you mean you dont expect them to change? you kinda lost me thru this last post
#6 Posted by olcanucklehead (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

"@olcanucklehead: i was thinking that as well, two sub-species from one ancestor species almost. I just kinda put them in order of presumed age but i thought the same thing when it came to breaking them down in to two groups. I only kept them in the same group bc Sabretooth always said that he is what Wolverine will become. So what are you saying about berserker wolverine?  As for being equally matched idk about. I just ment there looks as well as their strengths. each new (youger) version seems to be more evolved and smaller but it seems like over time as they get older they atleast gain the size and strength like Sabretooth and Romulus   "

but each of them has something different about them which tends to give them each an advantage in a straight fight.  

@Mainline
said:

" @DEGRAAF said:

"
We've seen wovlerine evolve and Sapbretooth as well, so if you put these characters in order of age (presumably) the lupines   

Lupine means like or related to a wolf (canis lupus)... but the "Wolv" in "Wolverine" is not derived from the wolf but the Canadian weasel known as the wolverine (gulo gulo)... the word would be guloien.  Of course, you could use broader terms with respect to behavior such as "feral".  Given the topic, however, I don't expect change for the reason you give in your post fans want to see the same character and corporations want to build value in the same trademark over time (if you keep changing the trademark you have to start over each time). "

way too detailed. 

#7 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@olcanucklehead:
well  

Romulus just has experience and planning, he watched these guys since their creation it seems like. He also has size and strength over all of them 

Sabretooth was bigger and stronger then the others (besides Romulus) but is dumber then the rest of them as well it seems like 

Wolverine is faster more agile and has a better healing factor then the rest of them (not counting the adamantium because it isnt one of his natural abilities) as well as claws the come out of his arms like knives. 

I dont know a whole lot about Wild child but he was evolved beyond Wolverine once Romulus messed with him 

Daken has all the abilities of his father but all seem to be to a lesser extent but he also has the ability to mess with peoples emotions thru pharmones. I would think he has the same or better healing factor then his father.
#8 Posted by danhimself (22483 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:  have you read the Earth X books
#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

no never even heard of them
#10 Posted by danhimself (22483 posts) - - Show Bio

you need to read them...it's an alternate future of the Marvel Universe where they reveal pretty much everyone's secret origins...and Wolverine and Sabretooth are from to rival clans of lupine like creatures who are actually the true face of humankind had the Celestials not have interfered with their genetics...I'll have to see if I can find a scan of the explanation...the comic does a much better job of explaining than I do

#11 Posted by danhimself (22483 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by olcanucklehead (37 posts) - - Show Bio

but isn't earth-x like an alternate future or something wierd like that?
#13 Posted by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Way is off Wolverine and Loeb's run is long over, I imagine the taint of their horrible, horrible runs will be largely ignored by the competent writers who have creative control right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.