• 57 results
#1 Posted by 098765432113579 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

i think itsthe only way
#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not

#3 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#4 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't destroy the head anyway because of the Adamantium. 

#5 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio

Taxing the healing factor beyond what it can handle is the only way I can think of besides complete annihilation.

#6 Posted by 098765432113579 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

cant you melt adamantium

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
you could cut his head off then rip out the brain and burn it to ash then skin it and you have a shiney new conversation piece
#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Edamame: you could cut his head off then rip out the brain and burn it to ash then skin it and you have a shiney new conversation piece "
or you could just have Darkseid hit him with the OmegaBeams
#9 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio

There are ways to destroy adamantium. Besides, if his head is cut off and destroyed, he will just grow a new one on his body.

#10 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

use supes staple 
toss him in the sun

#11 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1: 
That is Sentry's thing. Superman does not kill.
#12 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: fair enough 
i loved how they addressed that in invincible  
saying how handy space was for getting rid of villains
#13 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" @erik: fair enough i loved how they addressed that in invincible  saying how handy space was for getting rid of villains "
It sure is an easy and often permanent way to deal with villains. :p
#14 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @hdorman1:  That is Sentry's thing. Superman does not kill. "
He has when their was no other option
#15 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @hdorman1 said:
" @erik: fair enough i loved how they addressed that in invincible  saying how handy space was for getting rid of villains "
It sure is an easy and often permanent way to deal with villains. :p "
*gazes up at the countless dead villains orbiting the atmosphere around earth*
#16 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Mate have a look though the Wolverine threads this has been done at least twice.

#17 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @erik said:
" @hdorman1:  That is Sentry's thing. Superman does not kill. "
He has when their was no other option "
I can only think of one time and its significance on the continuity seems to be under dispute sometimes.
#18 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

one name - Superman!

#19 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

You can alter the adamantium in his skeleton to allotrope #9, overloading his healing factor and leading to his death. 

#20 Edited by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

" @Edamame: you could cut his head off then rip out the brain and burn it to ash then skin it and you have a shiney new conversation piece "

How can you rip out a brain that is encased in an Adamantium skull?

Can Logan regenerate brains?
#21 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

a really good can opener lol

#22 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @joshmightbe said:

How can you rip out a brain that is encased in an Adamantium skull?  Can Logan regenerate brains? "
The foramen magnum.
#23 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @Edamame said:
" @joshmightbe said:

How can you rip out a brain that is encased in an Adamantium skull?  Can Logan regenerate brains? "
The foramen magnum. "
I'm sorry? Could you kindly explicate further?
#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
the egyptians had a way to remove the brain with out damaging the skull so you could just use that tool you stick it up the nose scramble the brain around then pull it out
#25 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said: 
I'm sorry? Could you kindly explicate further? "
It is the giant hole at the base of your skull where the spinal cord exits.  

@joshmightbe said:
" @Edamame: the egyptians had a way to remove the brain with out damaging the skull so you could just use that tool you stick it up the nose scramble the brain around then pull it out "
That would not work here. They had to punch through the skull to do that. The sphenoid bone I believe. 
#26 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Edamame: the egyptians had a way to remove the brain with out damaging the skull so you could just use that tool you stick it up the nose scramble the brain around then pull it out "
Wolverine would just let someone do that to him?   LMAO.

@erik said:
" @Edamame said: 
I'm sorry? Could you kindly explicate further? "
It is the giant hole at the base of your skull where the spinal cord exits.  

@joshmightbe said:
That would not work here. They had to punch through the skull to do that. The sphenoid bone I believe.  "

I see. Thanks.  

However, what are the chances that this would happen to Logan when he is conscious?
#27 Posted by Erik (33040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  
Well, if his head is removed, there is not a lot he can do about it. :p
#28 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Oops. I forgot that we were talking about scenarios when his head was removed. My mistake. 
#29 Posted by 098765432113579 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

i know if you cut his head off if you putit close to the body it will reatach
#30 Posted by 098765432113579 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

omegabeams are what killed batman it burned all his ski off but not his costume so i dont think it would wolverine probaly would be able to regenerate it all unless his body was attacked more
#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio
@098765432113579:
not if you use the muramasa blade it counteracts his healing factor
#32 Posted by jstarzyk (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Incineration would do it, just leave his adamantium skeleton.

#33 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@jstarzyk: Nitro tried that and failed.
#34 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Put him at the bottom of the ocean. Drown him.

#35 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

How could you kill him.

#36 Posted by jstarzyk (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @jstarzyk: Nitro tried that and failed. "
X-Men Forever #2.
#37 Edited by Assman (1848 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think vaporizing him would, like a godblast (prob don't have to go that far/powerfull)  like days of future past or what Imperiex did to DD.
#38 Posted by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has already survived decapitation (off panel), in 616 cannon. So... I guess the answer to your question is no, since cutting his head off has already proven ineffective.

Wolverine has bone marrow protected safely inside his adamantium skeleton, so even when incinerated down to the Adamantium skeleton he still has some building blocks to work from.

#39 Edited by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

yes SOORY NO u cant kill him like that hell grow a other head

#40 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

just drown him

#41 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@jstarzyk said:
" @Edamame said:
" @jstarzyk: Nitro tried that and failed. "
X-Men Forever #2. "
I haven't read that. Sorry. 
#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

they have plenty of ways to shut down powers so find yourself a restraint collar or magic user or what ever you choose as your manner of power disruption toss him in some lava or whatever and be done with it

#43 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

U could just drown him.

#44 Posted by DEGRAAF (7887 posts) - - Show Bio

i Thought they could kill him by cutting off his head. Also i didnt think he regrew anything. I thought that he would have to place the severed part of his body back in the right place so they could grow back together but he couldnt grow new limbs. Also the muramasa blade or whatever sword that was that negates the healing factor in people.

#45 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

you can use antartic vibranium to destroy his adamantium or someone with reality?matter manipulatioin powers also you just have to decapitate him not destroy the head. also in the ultimate comics we find out that his connective tissues are not superhumanly strong which is why wolverines bones can still get dislocaed so you could tear his head off (with even low level ssuper strength) because you wouldn't acctually have to damage any adamantium just his tendens muscles ligamints and tendens
#46 Posted by Jake Fury (18756 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with drowning him. Also, does anyone think he could survive a nuclear explosion?
#47 Edited by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio

He's survived being hit with a nuclear bomb twice, and several other comparable things as well, like Nitro and Sunspot. 

When Wolverine was fighting Tiger Shark and got stuck underwater, he said that his healing factor will keep him alive in a state of perpetual drowning.  It won't be pleasant, but he'll still be alive... although he might wish he wasn't. 

He's also fallen into a vat of molten metal and climbed out, so the volcano thing might be out as well.

#48 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" I agree with drowning him. Also, does anyone think he could survive a nuclear explosion? "
He survived Nitro's attacks. 
#49 Posted by Jake Fury (18756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  

Gotcha. 

maybe the Sentry could just toss him into the sun. 
#50 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  yes he can, but his memories wont grow back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.