Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

If I throw Wolverine into the sun, will he die?

BladeWade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BladeWade

I am just curious. 

BladeWade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BladeWade
    @protect_yourself: Ah I see. So, the adamantium will melt into a liquid alloid and disperse into a steam compound?
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz

@BladeWade said:

@protect_yourself: Ah I see. So, the adamantium will melt into a liquid alloid and disperse into a steam compound?

Not quite sure if the sun can destroy adamantium. It is possible but I think its been discussed here before.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Even if the adamantium survived all the tissue on his body would evaporate just getting close to the sun.

BladeWade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BladeWade
    @Kallarkz: Ohhhhhhh.  

@protect_yourself: Makes sense since the hot-head needs oxygen like the animal that he is. .
    Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

It's likw what protect_yourself said, even if his adamantium won't melt his organs would be disintegrated by the sun and there's no way for him to get outta there either so he's basicly stuck. This is a really funny thought you came up with LOL

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

yes, yes he would

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

@PrinceIMC said:

Even if the adamantium survived all the tissue on his body would evaporate just getting close to the sun.

Yes, you're right.

And, to answer this OP, since his Adamantium skeleton isn't an organic part of him; He'd die.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By CATPANEXE

If he stops money for some reason and instead putting them in the red, then get's thrown into the sun, yes, he will die (and return in about six months).

otherwise no, he's Wolverine.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

Goldfinger is about to launch Wolverine into the sun. This is a transcript of Logans final conversation 

Wolverine:   You expect my adamantium to melt?
    Goldfinger:  No Mr. Bo-Howlett I expect you to die
    Comic Fan: You Don't expect his adamantium to melt? whats wrong with you the sun will totally melt his bones
    Goldfinger: I was just saying that- 
    Comicfan: That Wolverines bones are invincible? that nothing can melt them? that he'll never die? I know your type your a wolverine fanboy
    Goldfinger:.....I'm about to kill him 
    Comic Fan: and I bet your planning to keep his miracously untouched skeloton as a suvonier? you make me sick, see thats whats wrong with todays wolverine he's to over powered 
    Goldfinger: Look I wasn't saying his skeleton would survive alright I was just saying he would die 
    Comic Fan: Well good cause if you expect me to just sit back and- 
    Goldfinger: NO ANOYING FANBOY I EXPECT YOU TO DIE (shoots him in the face) 
    Wolverine:.....why didn't you just do that to Bond 
    Goldfinger: Goodbye Mr. Howlett! (shoots wolverine into the sun where he dies) 
    Goldfinger: God, that was anoying from now on I stick to movies 
    2 WEEKS LATER the new James Bond movie 
    Goldfinger: might as well see what's up in comics *turns on comicvine reads head article Wolverine Back from the dead*  ahhhhhhhhhh !@#@

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@protect_yourself said:

Thats unknown. I would say yes the sun would put him out wolverine cant regerate living organs if they get damaged wish the sun would instantly burn through.

Yes he can. The Nitro incident is a big example of this, and he was thrown in a vat of lava or something and regenerated. He also had organs harvested in Wolverine Chop Shop and he regenerated a new heart when his exploded in his chest. You're right about the sun part though.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Well in the recent issues of Uncanny X-Force, Genocide alone was able to overload Logan's healing factor with his radiation and bring him to the brink of death (left him comatose), if not for the intervention of Fantomex. The adamantium only makes him immune to being physically "broken" and protects his important organs (heart and brain), but his immune system is a whole different story.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Well in the recent issues of Uncanny X-Force, Genocide alone was able to overload Logan's healing factor with his radiation and bring him to the brink of death (left him comatose), if not for the intervention of Fantomex. The adamantium only makes him immune to being physically "broken" and protects his important organs (heart and brain), but his immune system is a whole different story.

UXF 3-5 somewhere in there had the same thing with one of the Horsemen of Apoc using diseases and stuff to overload his HF.

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

Well he was burnt up in the Sun at the end of Grant Morrison's New X-Men run, when the space station he and Jean was on had been thrown towards the Sun. He went outside the station with an effectively dead Jean to go out in fire. Whether it would eventually have killed him is unknown as it re-awakened Phoenix in Jean, and she drew herself and Logan out of the Sun. Although allot of him had been burnt away and was able to re-generate back.

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By victoriancuckoo

Yes.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

You're all missing the key point of this thread.  

Apparently the OP is capable of throwing Wolverine into the sun. Respect. 

ScytheClawB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ScytheClawB

I've realized that he can't. If Deadpool has a stronger healing factor, even without his relationship with Death, and if Wolvie would be cut in half with the Anti-Metal, he'd die, yet Deadpool can reach much further and can't really do that. Even though Wolverine has his skeleton, think about this. If Uru, the stuff that makes up Thor's hammer, has to be melted by the Sun, and nothing less, and Uru is much stronger then per say, Adamantium, with both these points of evidence, do you honsetly think that?

It's like saying Iron Man can fly across the solar system in five minitues, even though Superman can't even do that.

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Theworldbreaker

@ScytheClawB said:

It's like saying Iron Man can fly across the solar system in five minitues, even though Superman can't even do that.

Actualy, he can.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

You're all missing the key point of this thread. Apparently the OP is capable of throwing Wolverine into the sun. Respect.

Thank you for the laugh right there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Happened already.

Alpha_Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alpha_Omega

depends who writes it if it were me he would be dead but heel come crashing down with the phoenix force to make the next big event

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By super_psycho

It would be extremely painful

-Bane-

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

God I hope so or I'll never be able to read a Wolverine battle thread again.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frogjitsu

@god_spawn said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

UXF 3-5 somewhere in there had the same thing with one of the Horsemen of Apoc using diseases and stuff to overload his HF.

Remender has stated in some interview that he hates overpowered Wolverine though, and has repeated put Wolverine in situations that tax his healing factor to show that he isn't as invincible as other writers make him out to be. Its similar to how Remender-Psylocke is only a telepath, while in other books she has still been shown to have telekinesis as well.

Therefore, just because Remender's Wolvie nearly died from that Genocide blast, doesn't mean he would be equally affected from a similar experience in another book, Nitro being a prime example.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Squares said:

Happened already.

....For the love of all that is good please tell me your either joking or that Wolverine died and we're reading about a clone. I don't think I could handle his healing factor or adamantium being that ridiculously over powered

Blakey38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he will heal to fast for the sun to do enough damage to him. The adamantium also, will not melt. I have tried to find ways for Wolverine to die, but I keep coming yo the same conclusion - he cannot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was done in comics already and yes, he did die.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol of course he'd die

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If you throw Wolverine into the sun, he might or might not die but there is no way you will escape the wrath of the X-men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.