I need some help with Wolverine

#1 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi i love bad ass anti heroes and as i can see Wolverine is the best in what he does so i was thinking to start reading some of his comics but i don't know where to start so i was thinking if some one can help me

Ty all

#2 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on what you are looking for-- you could always begin with Origin, which will tell you how he came up as a kid and what occured to start sculpting him into the man he became.

#3 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's mini-series from the 80s is the best Wolverine story ever made, so I'd recommend starting there.

From there I'd go to:

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine by Chris Claremont and Al Milgrom

Chris Claremont's run on Wolverine's ongoing title in the late 80s, early 90s and Larry Hama's run on that same title (there are trade collections called The Essential Wolverine which collects these stories in black and white... they seem to be a really good way to collect these runs)

Wolverine Weapon X by Barry Windsor-Smith

Origin by Paul Jenkins and Adam Kubert

Wolverine: Enemy of the State by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr.

Wolverine: Old Man Logan by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven

And finally, Rick Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force

Or, if you don't want to go back that far, I hear Paul Cornell's run (that's starting up soon I think) is going to be a good jumping on point for new Wolverine fans. It's definitely a run I'm looking forward to collecting.

#4 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermonkey2099: Thank you very much !

#5 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermonkey2099 said:

Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's mini-series from the 80s is the best Wolverine story ever made, so I'd recommend starting there.

From there I'd go to:

Chris Claremont's run on Wolverine's ongoing title in the late 80s, early 90s and Larry Hama's run on that same title (there are trade collections called The Essential Wolverine which collects these stories in black and white... they seem to be a really good way to collect these runs)

Or, if you don't want to go back that far, I hear Paul Cornell's run (that's starting up soon I think) is going to be a good jumping on point for new Wolverine fans. It's definitely a run I'm looking forward to collecting.

gotta agree with most of this, old man logan is a especially fun read.

#6 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermonkey2099 said:

From there I'd go to:

Could not have put it better myself. ^^

#7 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

I intend to make a list on Wolverine Soon, so for now, if you want to keep updat. You should read Savage Wolverine and the other X-Men titles.

#8 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I started with Wolverine was I followed X-Men the Claremont. And the best Wolverine Artist doesn't event draw him anymore he works at top cow, Marc Silvestri.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.