Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Hugh Jackman Talks About Wolverine & More

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Hugh Jackman gave an interview to Total Film and said some interesting things.

On Gambit:
    In this movie Gambit plays the role a little bit like Wolverine did in the first X-Men. He’s not part of any group, he’s not on anybody’s side. Wolverine gets him because he needs the information off him, but Gambit’s not going to give it – not without a fight. And they get a fight, the two of them get a fight. I’m really, really happy with the dynamic between the two.
    Fight scene?  Sounds good.  I'd love to see Wolverine and Gambit going at it on the big screen.

What about his thoughts on Deadpool?
    "I have to be very careful how I talk about Deadpool, because it’s something I’m really excited about in the movie, where it plays and how it plays. I just can’t think right now how I can tell you about it without giving away some really cool ideas!***The things I’m thinking about now I don’t want to tell you because the fans will go “Awwww, that’s cool”… Actually some fans might be pissed off but that’s ok. I think they’ll understand why we did it. We took some creative licenses with him."
    "Creative licenses"?  Uh oh.  Hopefully the Deadpool fans won't be too upset.  You just have to keep in mind that some things may not translate well on the big screen.  Which is why Wolverine will (hopefully) never run around in his yellow and blue costume.

Any more future Wolverine movies?
    "I’ve always harboured the Japanese story [Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's version of Wolverine].  When I was doing X-Men I was obsessed with reading the Japanese story. It gave me a lot of great inspiration for the character and I’ve forever been banging onto people about that.  It’s the coolest – and can you imagine visually? I can see the comedy of him training with the Samurai. I can just see it working."
    Wolverine in Japan would rock.  Let's hope that Mr. Jackman takes good care of his skin and ages well so we can continue to see him play Wolverine.
    And don't forget the new trailer comes out today in theatres.
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Precise

Nice! I would love to see that fight between him and Gambit, that'll be interesting to say the least ^^

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Gambit vs Wolverine will be really cool.  And Im excited to see Deadpool is going to be in this one.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By NiteFly

Absolutely cannot wait.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm a little worried about all these X-characters appearing but I'm also highly looking forward to it.  I just hope the characters are there for a reason and not just to try to pump up the cast.  I mean, Beak better be there for a reason.  I hated in X3 that someone like Psylocke had such a minor role and was easily killed off (I didn't even know it was her until I saw the credits, although I'm not sure why I didn't run out screaming as soon as the credits started).

Having Gambit and Deadpool smells almost like a gimmick.  But if they play major roles and kick ass, then I'm happy.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jake Malcom

Yeah i cant freaking wait this is gonna hopefully rock so much

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Psyentist

I'm not really that into Wolverine partially because I think he's just overused, but I think, and desperately hope, this movie will be good. I want another good X film to make up for X3.

I'm excited to see Gambit and Deadpool!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

X3 is dead to me.  It doesn't exist in my mind.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    G-Man said:
    "X3 is dead to me.  It doesn't exist in my mind."

Agreed.
    NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NiteFly
    G-Man said:
    "I'm a little worried about all these X-characters appearing but I'm also highly looking forward to it.  I just hope the characters are there for a reason and not just to try to pump up the cast."
    I would suspect the reason is that they were all recruited by Weapon X, right?  It seems like the ensemble could logically be worked in on that premise.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
    This Wolverine film is gonna be the Shiznit
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck
    NiteFly said:
    "G-Man said:
    "I'm a little worried about all these X-characters appearing but I'm also highly looking forward to it.  I just hope the characters are there for a reason and not just to try to pump up the cast."
    I would suspect the reason is that they were all recruited by Weapon X, right?  It seems like the ensemble could logically be worked in on that premise."
    That's what I'm assuming.  Not crazy about the idea but if it works and works well...I'm okay.  "Creative License" was mentioned so...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    G-Man said:
    Having Gambit and Deadpool smells almost like a gimmick.  But if they play major roles and kick ass, then I'm happy."

I understand Deapool being there...but I think Gambit is make up for the fact he wasn't in X-2 or X-3.
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Namor1987

I just want to see Sabretooth & Deadpoll plus Gambit should be interesting on the big screen

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Namor1987

I just want to see Sabretooth & Deadpoll plus Gambit should be interesting on the big screen

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By danhimself
    G-Man said:

What about his thoughts on Deadpool?
    "I have to be very careful how I talk about Deadpool, because it’s something I’m really excited about in the movie, where it plays and how it plays. I just can’t think right now how I can tell you about it without giving away some really cool ideas!***The things I’m thinking about now I don’t want to tell you because the fans will go “Awwww, that’s cool”… Actually some fans might be pissed off but that’s ok. I think they’ll understand why we did it. We took some creative licenses with him."
    "Creative licenses"?  Uh oh.  Hopefully the Deadpool fans won't be too upset.  You just have to keep in mind that some things may not translate well on the big screen.  Which is why Wolverine will (hopefully) never run around in his yellow and blue costume.

"

if there's one thing i've learned about deadpool fans since being here it's that they will be upset.....really really really upset
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gmanfromheck

Maaaybe.  It depends on how they take it.  For one thing, it's great that he's finally getting screen time (as mentioned here that they've been trying for five years).  As long as they don't drastically change him, it could be okay.  Most likely his origin is being tweaked. It looks like he may not be wearing the mask (at least not yet).  His face seems unscarred...for now?

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Meteorite

YAY!!! GAMBIT!!!!!

Avatar image for the_emerald_knight
    The Emerald Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Deadpool. That's like the main reason I'm gonna watch this movie.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By danhimself
    G-Man said:
    "Maaaybe.  It depends on how they take it.  For one thing, it's great that he's finally getting screen time (as mentioned here that they've been trying for five years).  As long as they don't drastically change him, it could be okay.  Most likely his origin is being tweaked. It looks like he may not be wearing the mask (at least not yet).  His face seems unscarred...for now?"
    it would be cool if this movie was like his origin movie too then when/if they make a deadpool movie they wouldn't need to waste any time on his origin in it
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gmanfromheck

That'd be the idea, I'm pretty sure.  So we'd have a spin-off of a spin-off...Works for me.

Avatar image for the_wind_stalker
    The Wind-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Wind-Stalker

i hope gambit win

jugganot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jugganot

saw the trailer......it made me forget i even saw the day the earth stood still.

Zacker500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zacker500

this films got more mutants then the acual X-men films

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Suigetsu

I am looking forward to see this movie, mainly cause of deadpool and gambit.

Creative licenses with fox...... Now I am scared. And I dont want em screwing up with my boyo's origin cause its my boy'o.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Constantine

sounds cool

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By G'bandit

careful with DEADPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I'll kill you ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Ok.. I feel beter now :P

good info XD

Iceshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Iceshard

I think id be kinda cool if deadpool was a narrator...

Avatar image for daughternature92
    DaughterNature92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DaughterNature92

I really hope that they cast Gambit well, otherwise I am going to be really upset and long letters of complaint will be recieved by the directors and casting people.  I hope that the movie in general will be done well.  (REALLY EXCITED ABOUT HUGH JACKMAN!)

Elian Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Elian Allen

WHAT?! A NARRATOR??????/// how about Wolverine be narrating of how awesome Deadpool is!!!!!!! I mean listen to what he says, he does not want to reveal info! because people already seen Wolvy in three movies already, the main atraction is Ryan as DEADPOOL

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, they better not mess him up or I'll burn down the studio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAH!

Where I left my pills at?

leaves

jester111372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jester111372

i just seen the preview for woverine omg it looks bad azzzz gamit look cool bet i figured sabratooth would have been bigger and more hair

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Matezoide2

Gambit vs Wolverine?now thats what i want see.

any way,isnt Blob in this movie?i heard somewhere he was

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gmanfromheck

He's seen in the boxing ring against Logan.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I'm really afraid for Deadpool in this movie. "Some fans may be pissed" one of those fans will probably be me. I'm really thinking he won't be physically disfigured at any point in the movie and that would anger me very much so.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.