Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16085 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Hugh Jackman Discusses Playing Wolverine for the Last Time

• 60 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We've heard the news that Hugh Jackman has decidedWolverine 3 will be the last time he plays Wolverine. We've heard actors (and athletes) say this before only to return later. Will this really be the last time we see Jackman as Wolverine? What's the real reason he doesn't want to do it anymore?

Jackman was on LIVE With Kelly and Michael and discussed his decision.

Do you think he's making the right choice? Will viewers accept a 'new' Wolverine after fifteen years if they decide to recast?

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Class act. Love Hugh Jackman...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Then how is The Wolverine going to get a sequel?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why though? Downey is what 50? and he's still Iron-Man...

Also I didn't watch the video.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Don't worry Marvel is making Old Man Logan the main universe Logan so when they finally get the X-Men rights back years from now he can be Old Man Logan.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@xwraith: Correct. I was doing two things at once. 2017's "Wolverine 3" will be his last one.

Loading Video...

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Disappointing for some I'm sure, but I really hope Jackman will be taking a lot of serious roles going forward. I just watched Prisoners (2013) this past weekend and seeing him in an incredibly emotional role was refreshing. He seems like he has tons of untapped potential.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This actor has been such a gift to comic book fans for all these years.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@drellassassin: did you see him in The Prestige opposite Chistian Bale?

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By DrellAssassin

@wardishy said:

I have not, unfortunately. That's always been one of those movies I've been meaning to get to but haven't. And I know Prisoners isn't the only serious movie he's done, but seeing has The Prestige was 2006, we could definitely use some more serious Jackman.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Class act. Love Hugh Jackman...

Preach to the choir...

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: downey doesn't have to mantain that muscles mass and definition that is alot of hard work and pain espically at jackmans age

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

I have not, unfortunately. That's always been one of those movies I've been meaning to get to but haven't. And I know Prisoners isn't the only serious movie he's done, but seeing has The Prestige was 2006, we could definitely use some more serious Jackman.

People tend to forget that Hugh Jackman started his career as a theater actor, and he can actually sing and dance. Can you picture the guy playing Wolverine being one of those annoying musical theater kids in college lol?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Downey doesn't have to have Hugh's physique to be Iron Man. It takes alot of effort to stay looking like this:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#15  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

But we need our OLD MAN LOGAN movie!!!

~MiB

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: You're definitely right! It takes a lot of effort! And.....a lot of Steroids!

Do you really think that all actors have a great physique by natural means? There is an indian actor called SRK who people used to make fun of due to his "unfit" physique 2 years ago and last year, he showed up with 10 pack abs while their most fit actors are stuck at 6 pack abs!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

he had a good run. if he really wants to hang up the hair gel, i'd say he's earned it.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: You're definitely right! It takes a lot of effort! And.....a lot of Steroids!

Do you really think that all actors have a great physique by natural means? There is an indian actor called SRK who people used to make fun of due to his "unfit" physique 2 years ago and last year, he showed up with 10 pack abs while their most fit actors are stuck at 6 pack abs!

There is no such thing as a 10 pack. It's humanly impossible to have a 10 pack. Also, having abs has more to do with diet and less to do with exercise. There are many athletes out there who don't have six packs. To have a visible six pack you need a body-fat percentage below a certain point (starting at like 12-15 percent range), so that your muscles show through.

As for steroids, I think you're getting the wrong impressions about what it does. The "ripped" look that every actor seems to have has more to do with having very little body fat, rather than larger muscles (which is what steroids aids in producing). In Hugh Jackman's case, he has to have a body fat percentage less than 8 percent in order to achieve his image (more like 5 percent body fat). That involves an absurd amount of effort to keep your body that lean, and is only achieved through a strict diet.

After looking up who SRK is, I can say he doesn't have a 10 pack. What he has is a six pack. The other "ab" muscles are really other muscles, such as the abdominal muscles. In the span of the two years you mentioned, it is very much possible to get into that physique, and even more possible when you have the money to afford a personal trainer, nutritionist, personal chef, sport scientists, etc.

However, with that said, I think we are straying away from the topic at hand.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
    Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No need to recast when Laura Kinney can take over in the movies as well as in the comics.

Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No need to recast when Laura Kinney can take over in the movies as well as in the comics.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Time to call Summer Glau then...She has the look and the skill to play her.

It'll be a shame, though, if Hugh will play Wolvie for the last time. If so, maybe we can get either Tom Hardy or Scott Adkins?

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Ugh, stop saying Tom Hardy can do everythjng

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Cloakx14

@kritikalmassx: i'd rather see my girl actress Adelaide Kane play X-23.

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will gladly be on day 1 to se his last Wolverine movie, we really got lucky that such a good and charismatic actor got the part. Sure, not all movies have been a hit to most, but we can't ignore that he always gave it all to the character. Hell, even singing about it on the Oscars hehe

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Avatar image for i_love_purgatori
    I_Love_Purgatori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Love Jackman as wolverine and think the next best actor to take the role is Morgan Freeman, he's got the physique and the fighting skills to pull off the role pretty well so lets hope he's cast as the next Wolverine.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mel Gibson as old man wolverine.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AwesomePerson

I will miss him!

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AbdullahZubair

@omgomgwtfwtf: @silverpool: What I meant by steroids were drugs that most of these actors are fed and some minor surgeries and stuff. I didn't say Hugh uses them, I am saying he can when he gets older to keep the physique. PS. he himself has said they are 10 pack abs once and I just said what he said!

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starscream_vs_you: This is what I want too, though I'd prefer they introduce Laura while Logan is still in the films so everyone is already familiar with her before she takes over.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will miss him as Wolverine but like anything else, they'll find someone else.

People got over it with Christopher Reeve, they'll move on with Jackman as well. Time to pass the torch to someone new.

I like the guy who played Judge Dredd and Bones from Star Trek(forget his name though)

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda want to see him as Old Man Logan :D

Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015: Makes perfect sense. But Hollywood is notorious for not doing things right.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do old man logan for the ending.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

If he feels it's time for him to pass on the torch, I'm cool with that. He's left his mark on the franchise and obviously loves the role and character, and seeing him leave it now on a good note rather than over stay his welcome to simply please fans or the studio.

Personally, instead of recasting the character, I would rather see them simply introduce X-23 in the finally Wolverine movie, maybe having it based on Logan learning of Weapon X trying to create a new monster with his DNA, discovering his clone/daughter and together they join forces to shut Weapon X down once and for all, leading to Logan dying and passing on the torch to X-23.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X 23 only if we get the fight where it just outside the school grounds where she is shown using her head to beat logan more then her claws and healing factor.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@abdullahzubair said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: @silverpool: What I meant by steroids were drugs that most of these actors are fed and some minor surgeries and stuff. I didn't say Hugh uses them, I am saying he can when he gets older to keep the physique. PS. he himself has said they are 10 pack abs once and I just said what he said!

Steroids is a large encompassing term that describes a particular group of organic compounds. They have a wide varying range of effects and usages. The ones used by people after surgeries and as a part of medication regiment are not the ones that are used by athletes and body builders. Anabolic steroids, the one that is commonly known as 'steroids', has a plethora of health issues associated with its use, and is not under any circumstances to be used just to get pumped. The health consequences of its usage include cancer, liver and kidney damage, heart disease, aggression, neuro-physiological problems - just to name a few!

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackman has been a great Wolverine, it'll be sad to see him go but as he mentioned it definitely is best to leave whilst he is still liked.

I don't really have an opinion yet on who I would like to take over the role from him

Summonest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackman's been Wolverine for 15 years, Downey's been Iron Man for not even half that time.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, instead of recasting the character, I would rather see them simply introduce X-23 in the finally Wolverine movie, maybe having it based on Logan learning of Weapon X trying to create a new monster with his DNA, discovering his clone/daughter and together they join forces to shut Weapon X down once and for all, leading to Logan dying and passing on the torch to X-23.

I had a similar idea to that, as well. I hope this is the plot of the movie.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
    The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do Old Man Logan as THE Logan in the new universe, then I would love to see him return as Wolverine once something gets worked out with Disney and Fox.

~KL~

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything, this is good. Fox needs to use more X-Men that people don't know! I want my Sunfire, Polaris, Dazzler, Northstar, Armor, Pixie, Fantomex, X-23, and Wolfsbane before Wolverine!

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping they make this the Old Man Logan movie...

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he feels it's time for him to pass on the torch, I'm cool with that. He's left his mark on the franchise and obviously loves the role and character, and seeing him leave it now on a good note rather than over stay his welcome to simply please fans or the studio.

Or they could keep their extremely successfull and iconic character, instead of trying to replace him with an inferior copy, like morons.

God, X-23 fans make me hate the character!

She will never, ever, replace Wolverine. She will never be more than a wannabe.

I'm a Wolverine fan. I want to see movies with Wolverine. Screw passing the torch! If Logan dies, the torch is over. I'm not going to latch on to another character just because Disney says that's the New Wolverine. No she isn't!

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jota23 said:
    @war_killer said:

Or they could keep their extremely successfull and iconic character, instead of trying to replace him with an inferior copy, like morons.

God, X-23 fans make me hate the character!

She will never, ever, replace Wolverine. She will never be more than a wannabe.

I'm a Wolverine fan. I want to see movies with Wolverine. Screw passing the torch! If Logan dies, the torch is over. I'm not going to latch on to another character just because Disney says that's the New Wolverine. No she isn't!

You're at a 9. Try bringing that down to a 5.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: I'll bring it down when X-23 fans stop acting like vultures.

Marvel's already ruined Wolverine, killed him and gave his name to her and now they want the movies too?

The movies are the only good Wolverine-related thing since 2004! Leave them alone!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.