Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Hugh Jackman Confirms Sequel To "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"

• 83 results
    Nelsonalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Nelsonalot

Stop killing characters i love
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#52  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Babs: The original Wolverine 4-part mini series keeps selling for SILLY money on eBay.  I remember when they were just a few quid eacdh... if that!  Nwo they can fetch over £50!!  They'll only get more expensive after this...
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    "

@Nahero said:

"as i think about it this this stuff with wolverine in japan and goes to america can be a plot in the Wolverine Anime "

Now see...those are two words that don't belong in the same sentence IMO. Wolverine and Anime leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But then again, the thought of Wolverine as a Ronin felt so mischaracterized to me until I actually read the story. He's most often played as a tackles, berserker, beer drinking macho man, the complete opposite of the Samurai. Yet somehow Claremont made it work.    

"
    Amen to that, brother. I'm with you completely on this. The Wolverine anime they are making looks far too 'pretty' for a Wolverine story. It could still of been of a historical quality, but it should of been created more along the lines of gritty series such as Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop.  To date it looks more like Trinity Blood.
    The flashiness works for Ironman.

For anyone not familiar with the series, here are some examples:
    Cowboy Bebop
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzErUBYQZpI
    Samurai Champloo
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upfW-PLc_4g&feature=related
    elessar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By elessar

Get someone else to direct it. For God's sake. Wolverine deserves a great movie. Perhaps David  Fincher , the guy who directed Seven, Fight Club, Zodiac and many others , would be a good choice.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LoganRogue24

um theese prequells or whatever are gonna tie into x-1 right idk the Wolverine film was kind of wtf in some parts. like for example the lab scene and the dog tags were wrong. Hugh Jackman is a great actor but as a producer he is not good in my opion. wish him luck in Wolverine 2 though.
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Oo, I wonder if the Deadpool movie will be on any of the mini-series of him. Perhaps the 1993 one, or the 1994?

good_omen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By good_omen

After the travesty that was the latest film, I'm not holding my breath....

X-1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By X-1000

Dude i am betting it will be about logan fighting silver samurai or something involving deadpools return
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Green ankh

Now Just MAYBE there will be a good X-Men film.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Stormultt

This is actually nice, hugh jackman has fallen in love with the character wolverine so much and loves doing it i hope the best for his sexy self XDD
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @good_omen said:
    " After the travesty that was the latest film, I'm not holding my breath.... "
    Same here, it sucked soooooo much
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The Hottness

this should be good, if they dont bring in every other X-men as a kid and have me on a field trip in Japan, than bump into Wolverine 

LOL
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dondasch

So long as Shingen is portrayed as the master that he is, I'll consider seeing it.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @MysterioMaximus said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "I know it's not going to be dead on but..I'd love to see them throw Silver Samurai or the Gorgon in just for fun you know? "
    I don't know, if this is based upon Claremonts first Wolverine/Japan series...I'd say it's pretty safe bet that Silver Samurai will be in it. He was a very large role. I could also see Sunfire being featured, being basically Japans Capt. America. But where is everyone getting Gorgon from? Again...I don't remember him having anything to ever do with Wolverine. Ever! As far as I know, Stiltman has as much to do with Wolverine as Gorgon. Hah! Is this something new I missed? "
    His first appearence was in a wolverine comic, he's a wolverine foe "

@geraldthesloth said:
    " @MysterioMaximus said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    "I know it's not going to be dead on but..I'd love to see them throw Silver Samurai or the Gorgon in just for fun you know? "
    I don't know, if this is based upon Claremonts first Wolverine/Japan series...I'd say it's pretty safe bet that Silver Samurai will be in it. He was a very large role. I could also see Sunfire being featured, being basically Japans Capt. America. But where is everyone getting Gorgon from? Again...I don't remember him having anything to ever do with Wolverine. Ever! As far as I know, Stiltman has as much to do with Wolverine as Gorgon. Hah! Is this something new I missed? "
    His first appearence was in a wolverine comic, he's a wolverine foe "

OOOH! I just realized there are two Gorgons! When everyone said the name, considering I read a lot of Silver Age stuff and not Modern, I though you meant the Inhuman, also named Gorgon, who first appeared in Fantastic Four back in the day. I was thinking, "The half-bull dude with hooves vs. Wolverine?" Seemed like such an odd pairing and that’s cause…well…it is! Hah! I had the wrong Gorgon. Hah!  I’m confusing everyone. First there’s two Wolverine/Japan stories, now two Gorgons. Hah! 

@FoxxFireArt said:

"@MysterioMaximus said:
    "

@Nahero said:

"as i think about it this this stuff with wolverine in japan and goes to america can be a plot in the Wolverine Anime "

Now see...those are two words that don't belong in the same sentence IMO. Wolverine and Anime leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But then again, the thought of Wolverine as a Ronin felt so mischaracterized to me until I actually read the story. He's most often played as a tackles, berserker, beer drinking macho man, the complete opposite of the Samurai. Yet somehow Claremont made it work.    

"
    Amen to that, brother. I'm with you completely on this. The Wolverine anime they are making looks far too 'pretty' for a Wolverine story. It could still of been of a historical quality, but it should of been created more along the lines of gritty series such as Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop.  To date it looks more like Trinity Blood.
    The flashiness works for Ironman.

For anyone not familiar with the series, here are some examples:
    Cowboy Bebop
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzErUBYQZpI
    Samurai Champloo
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upfW-PLc_4g&feature=related "

Oh man! If they did Wolverine (anime) in the style of Bebop, I'd be in heaven. I’m very selective with anime, but Bebop was pure gold. I get chills just thinking about certain episodes. The potential for this was there, but the execution sucks. It’s such a shame they went the angle they did. With the exception of the claws, he doesn’t even look like Wolverine. At all! I wasn’t especially impressed with Gotham Knights either, though some of the stories includes were way better than others, but by comparison…I think Gotham Knights looks fantastic compared to this.   

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Media_Master

I should pick up this Japan Wolverine saga..sounds good                  

Its also great to here jackman willing to acknowledge a specific story        %Pr

Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dipic

Can this one not be a steaming pile of sh*t like the last one, please?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By King_Saturn
    Thats Pretty Awesome
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By King Quisling

Hated the first one but I'd love to see Ken Watanabe as Silver Samurai. Maybe a small apperance by Roughhouse and Bloodscream. Or maybe even Mr.X.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By Darkchild

WOW...this is a fanboys dream.

When they take a character u like from a time they were the greatest. Imhappy their going this route with Japan story, because his recent stuff just puts me off from the character completely. Only recent thing i enjoyed reading was LOGAN and that was just a mini.

So hoorah to Wolverine getting another movie

neo2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By neo2000

Oh?  Time to make more stuff up!  When will they learn?  Comic book adaptations are the most successfully when barley anything about the story is changed.  Look at Spiderman, Fantastic Four, etc.  Barley anything in their storyline was changed and it was just as successfully if not more.    The first film was a travesty.   Barley a single thing was accurate about Wolverine's character.  Are we really surprised they are gonna to make even more shit up?   LOL @ them trying to make up for their mistakes by taking him to Japan and STILL getting the story wrong.  It's a domino effect, change one thing and next thing you know the series is unrecognizable.   I can already see the steam rising from this gigantic turd.  Marvel should start putting its foot down on these writers who never so much as picked up a comic.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @neo2000 said:

"Oh?  Time to make more stuff up!  When will they learn?  Comic book adaptations are the most successfully when barley anything about the story is changed.  Look at Spiderman, Fantastic Four, etc.  Barley anything in their storyline was changed and it was just as successfully if not more.    The first film was a travesty.   Barley a single thing was accurate about Wolverine's character.  Are we really surprised they are gonna to make even more shit up?   LOL @ them trying to make up for their mistakes by taking him to Japan and STILL getting the story wrong.  It's a domino effect, change one thing and next thing you know the series is unrecognizable.   I can already see the steam rising from this gigantic turd.  Marvel should start putting its foot down on these writers who never so much as picked up a comic.  "

I’ve totally got to disagree with the Spider-Man and particularly Fantastic Four movies being especially accurate. The entire Dr. Doom origin plot was completely made up for the film, a character that’s arguably more popular then the Fantastic Four themselves. So much of the foursome’s origin was also extremely altered. So I’m totally not sure what FF comics you’ve read…but they’re totally not the ones I’ve read.

I’ve always found the Spider-Man film franchise to be incredibly overrated and Raimi to be a very poor directing choice. The Green Goblin looks like a power ranger, Peter Parkers way too much of a comedic relief loser, and Mary Jane feels tacked into the origin. The sheer fact that they put Dafoe in that helmet is almost insulting. The guys way more frightening without it and you just don’t hinder caliber actor’s facial expressions like that. They dropped the ball on the Goblin.

The much better example for your argument would be Iron Man. It’s a film that relatively stuck to the source material, despite some alterations. Starks original was transplanted from Vietnam to Iraq, but that was to make it more contemporary, also following the more modernized Iron Man revamp. The similarities are astonishing and far closer to the original comic then pretty much anything seen in the Fantastic Four film.    

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72  Edited By Vindellavon

I'm looking forward to this.
    blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By blade hunter

the frank miller story is one of my favourite storys and is only beaten by old man logan story line but looking over the story again now it looks like it would make a quality movie but they need to leave out pointless cameo's [emma frost] and just make this movie true to the story line and about wolverine and could i point out that in one of the different ending of the the first movie logan is talking to a japaness girl in a bar could this be mariko?
    Avatar image for kill_mate_repeat
    kill-mate-repeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kill-mate-repeat

i dont know if i can get into this...im loosing interest in one of my fav character..the way they've been handling him now a days makes him look to much like a b#tch...i miss when he was one of  the baddest men in marvel no one would f#$k whit him...and the movie is just crap...just cause hugh jackass looks like him dosent mean sh#t...hes a horrible actor...

Deadeyeduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Deadeyeduck

I thought the movie was fine as an action movie..but as a Wolverine movie apart from Jackman..it sucked big time. 
    Its mostly canon stuff that pissed me off, but what they did with Deadpool is unacceptable..not to mention Maverick/Agent Zero.

Michael6ft7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Michael6ft7

Wolverine movies will probably go through the same changes and reincarnations as the Batman movies did ,although perhaps in reverse (Batman movies started ok...then got really bad...then were redeemed when they finally took the character seriously)....Wolverine movies will probably get worse (hard to top his near perfect depiction in X1 and solid performance in X2...X3?= well..the beginning of a downward slide...there will be a low point...and then some writer or director or both will bring him back from the brink...but i think he's here to stay just as batman and Superman are (in movies or tv or cartoons )
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Satyrquaze

Yay... yet another F'n Wolverine movie... now he's up to 5 movies...  
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Sidney

Why Wolverine loved Japan so much? Also after the last movie do we need a sequel?
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#79  Edited By HaloKing343

My guess is that they'll learn from the past.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Sidney

They will not movie will suck.
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By saiyan_earthling

is this when wolverine meets ogun n starts to get the love of japan?

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82  Edited By Gawdzilla

I wouldn't mind see them fusing Itsu's character with that of Mariko's to set up Daken as a bad guy in a future X-film.

d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By d0npierre

As long as it is all a flashback and make no more references to the x-men trilogy, it's all okay ...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.