How would he function without his powers?

#1 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine didn't have his adamantium skeleton, claws, healing factor, or animal like senses, how do you think he would cope? 

I'd like to think he'd carry around a katana and firearms if he wanted to do damage to any of his enemies.  

EDIT: I think some people are misunderstanding me. I mean that in today's Marvel Universe, if he were to loose his healing factor, adamantium skeleton, claws, and animal like senses, but still still look and feel like he does, how would he do?

#2 Posted by Iron_Turtle (579 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd be a lot like the punisher.

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

He would use swords, knives and at least 1 firearm. I'm pretty sure though that after all of the training he has been though he would still be a dangerous threat. 
Although Wolverine went through a bad time when he lost his adamantium skeleton I don't think he would want to commit suicide or anything. 

#4 Posted by Aiden Cross (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

Without his healing factor he'd die within a couple of days, by either getting stabbed or shot.

#5 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine would become captain canada!! he would probaly carry an iconic weapon akin to captain americas shield only more awsome like lightning nunchucks!!!? 
sorry about that I just channeled the spirit of red bull but seriosly he woul still be bada$$.

#6 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4356 posts) - - Show Bio

He would finally die... At long last :D

#7 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakeeboi17 said:
He would finally die... At long last :D
#8 Posted by knot666 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

he would probably just be an owner of a bar
#9 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

He would age to his actual age (meaning he die since he is very old), if not I 'd guess he'd use all the skills he has earned over the time I mean he is very skilled . Such as he is  Advanced Cover Ops Expert, Master Martial Artist(That is just great.),  Skilled Mechanic.

#10 Posted by The Stegman (20728 posts) - - Show Bio

he would have died in like 1910

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11715 posts) - - Show Bio
@knot666 said:
he would probably just be an owner of a bar
this
#12 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

His style of fighting would likely lead to him dying.

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine's proficient in guns and swords and is a superb h2h fighter, one of the best fighters in Marvel. He would be fine actually.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

He would've died a little over a century ago

#15 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything the adamantium poisoning would've killed him.

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the OP please, people. I think you're misunderstanding the question. 

#17 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

as usual haters be mouthing off...... my answer he'd rethink hes strategy of fighting, back to relying on fighting skills and planning. he'd still kick ass. he's lost his powers before and survived just fine. for more than 2 dozen issues

#18 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

If he wasn't born with powers - he would've died in a war a looong time ago and that would've been the end of that. 
If he lost his powers + adamantium currently - he'd likely have to go into hiding to avoid getting butchered by one of his many enemies. Or he'd have to be a lot more subtle on his crime fighting strategies.

#19 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine's proficient in guns and swords and is a superb h2h fighter, one of the best fighters in Marvel. He would be fine actually.

@KainScion said:

as usual haters be mouthing off...... my answer he'd rethink hes strategy of fighting, back to relying on fighting skills and planning. he'd still kick ass. he's lost his powers before and survived just fine. for more than 2 dozen issues

Problem here is Wolverine tends to suck when it comes to tactics, strategy, planning, and leadership compared to someone like the Punisher. I see wolverine getting killed very easily and quickly if he lost his metal bones and all of his powers. Logan would not be near the same level as someone like Frank Castle if he was normal.

#20 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
Logan is an expert martial artist and has shown it in the past. Without the claws, healing factor, and animal like senses, he'd still be a huge threat when in terms of hand to hand combat, but would prove ineffective in the long run when fighting crime.
#21 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

he would mostly die or call storm for help. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.