Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

How good are Frank Miller's Wolverine Comic Books

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

Very. Character defining in fact.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chasereis

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Epic. On ones that are of equal value would be Kitty And Wolverine LS and Uncanny Annual 11 ( : Happy now?)

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Epic. On ones that are of equal value would be Kitty And Wolverine LS and Uncanny Annual 11 ( : Happy now?)

Always happy to be reminded of Uncanny X-men Annual #11, that's a great story, and it's from back when Alan Davis was really dynamic and cool!

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By spidermonkey2099

The miniseries by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller is the best Wolverine story ever told.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@chasereis said:

Thanks..Is it also good to get back issues too?.a comic book store where i am from sales back issues of all four issue of frank millers wolverine.i know its good to have the original issues but its better then nothing right?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

They are really, really good! You should definitely check them out! These stories really defined Wolverine's character!

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Yeah they are really good. Side note. Does anybody know of any uplifting bright Frank Miller stories? I feel like I'm getting burnt out on his style to the point where I won't read anything of his I haven't already read. It's just so damn bleak. Get him to write an issue of Adventure Time. Come on man, chin up.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dangallant984

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@chasereis said:

Thanks..Is it also good to get back issues too?.a comic book store where i am from sales back issues of all four issue of frank millers wolverine.i know its good to have the original issues but its better then nothing right?

I don't necessarily think there's any proper advantage to having original printings, other than that they come out sooner, so you don't have to wait. Trades and reprints are actually often printed better and last longer.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Good enough that they're being used as a basis for the new Wolverine film? Oh, that may not be a good example considering the first Wolverine film...

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chasereis

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I would try to get the ones that arent in trades, to be certain.

: I agree except I dont think Annual 11 or Kitty Pryde has trades I think unless they are in a essential book somewhere...Am I wrong?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis said:

: I agree except I dont think Annual 11 or Kitty Pryde has trades I think unless they are in a essential book somewhere...Am I wrong?

naw. you're probably right. The annual might be in the 7th volume of those X-men Essentials phone books, but it would be in black and white, on news print or something; and I don't know if the mini series was ever reprinted.

Let this be a lesson to you: if you've got a really good annual or mini series, take it out before you pawn your collection for dope, or whatever the hell uncle Dan did with it. I've been looking for a copy of that annual for months now.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@dangallant984 said:

@chasereis said:

naw. you're probably right. The annual might be in the 7th volume of those X-men Essentials phone books, but it would be in black and white, on news print or something; and I don't know if the mini series was ever reprinted.

Let this be a lesson to you: if you've got a really good annual or mini series, take it out before you pawn your collection for dope, or whatever the hell uncle Dan did with it. I've been looking for a copy of that annual for months now.

So the back issues are in black and white?

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Lulz. Actually I found mine on mile high the third copy that is.

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: he's talking about the essentials papaerbacks they are in black and white to save cost on the paper and thus the cover price. Try to find the back issues of those if you have the time to look.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dangallant984

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I just meant that if you're looking for the Kitty Pryde mini series that Chase' was talking about, you'll probably have to look for original printings, as, to the best of my knowledge, they were never reprinted in any collections or trades.

Uncanny X-men Annual #11, however, was reprinted in the black and white X-men Essentials series, in volume 7; though I would recommend tracking down the original (or a digital copy) if you can, simply because the art is so nice and looks much better in colour.

The Frank Miller Wolverine series certainly must have been reprinted in a colour trade, though.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@chasereis said:

@dangallant984: Lulz. Actually I found mine on mile high the third copy that is.

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: he's talking about the essentials papaerbacks they are in black and white to save cost on the paper and thus the cover price. Try to find the back issues of those if you have the time to look.

I did i'm just wondering if they're worth getting,sense there back issues in all

Avatar image for secondfallen616
    secondfallen616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By secondfallen616

So good that the character today is but a shade, a specter, a phantom of what he once was. Look at him today, no mystery at all to him, in every team and "not really a team" out there, plus the 3? 4? 5? solo books of his own and he is seemingly everywhere or everywhen all at the same time, and the "I'll kill my son (had to) but be the father/mentor to ah'bunch of other kids" phase..........ugh.....they are ruining him and making him badass at the same time.....

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chasereis

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Yoda says: To Secondfallen616 listen you must, for this all coolness depends, yes yes.

@secondfallen616: props.

@dangallant984: Actaully one of the printings has the full gloss recolored pages very much worth cover.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis said:

@dangallant984: Actaully one of the printings has the full gloss recolored pages very much worth cover.

of the Frank Miller Wolverines? Cool; I might try to track that down..

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Not sure which printing it was but it was cool. Some of the older TPB have really nice "remastering", lol.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis said:

@dangallant984: Not sure which printing it was but it was cool. Some of the older TPB have really nice "remastering", lol.

yeah, well, if a story's worth reprinting, it's probably worth printing in better quality than the original, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.