How Can Wolverine kill himself physically?

• 68 results
#51 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I don't like anyone in Age of Ultron.It looks like Bendis is just doing his own thing and nothing looking to the characters' personalities and previous events.

#52 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@lykopis: I don't like anyone in Age of Ultron.It looks like Bendis is just doing his own thing and nothing looking to the characters' personalities and previous events.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#53 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Word. :P

#54 Edited by VampireSelektor (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: TV and film matter in hypothetical situations like these. If the comics haven't made a rule, anything's fair game. Even then those rules can be broken. There's still the possibility that Wolverine would/already has developed a nanite tolerance. It's not impossible, just not full proof.

#55 Posted by God_Spawn (38391 posts) - - Show Bio

@vampireselektor: I still find what happens in the TV erroneous, but whatevs. We're going in circles so I guess I'll leave it at that.

#56 Posted by VampireSelektor (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Why erroneous? I can understand "invalid". If the source and its adaptation don't mesh, that's understandable. There have been cases where the TV and film have influenced their source comics, though. I'm not trying to be difficult, but please explain.

#57 Posted by God_Spawn (38391 posts) - - Show Bio

@vampireselektor: Because it still isn't the source material. That's why I find it erroneous.

#58 Edited by VampireSelektor (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: If you say so. I guess I'm confused on cases where the source material's been flexible enough to borrow from their adaptations. I don't think it's wise to hold them as outright wrong, especially when the source material explicitly doesn't rule them out. To each his own, I guess.

#59 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6626 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@godtriggerhulk said:

Maybe adamantium can pierce adamantium?

It can't.

Edit: The adamantine claws were for X-Treme X-Men Wolverine, my mistake.

Might be able to with enough force. Hulk drove Wolverine's own claws into his head in Hulk's own title not too long ago (the Thing and Wolverine were taking on Hulk together ... and failed).

I mean, if you have folded steel honed razor sharp, with enough force behind it, it can be driven into equally dense steel ... don't see why the same wouldn't hold true for adamantium. Though it need be said there are few who have "enough force" to be sure.

#60 Edited by God_Spawn (38391 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: I understand where you are coming from, but I don't say it was very valid to begin with. I counted that as more of a PIS moment or artistic mistake on rendering. My guess would be Aaron wanted it to go through the eyes but due to the art mistake they just touched it up and rolled with it. Aside from that, I'd say adamantium breaking would have been a bigger deal than that and the moment will just be forgotten in history.

#61 Edited by God_Spawn (38391 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: And if it were the case as for what happened in the cave, Wolverine would never have had issues trying to cut Cyber. I don't think Hulk, especially in the condition he was in, is capable of piercing adamantium, even with adamantium given that Thor with a magic hammer that Wolverine couldn't cut, barely dented the stuff with a full powered swing. Until it happens again, I say WIS or artistic mistake and it will be something writers will and already have ignored. It will be similar to the whole Angel of Death deal with Logan when they said if he "dies" one more time, he is dead forever. That clearly hasn't held up so I don't think this will either. It came, we saw, it went.

#62 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6626 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: And if it were the case as for what happened in the cave, Wolverine would never have had issues trying to cut Cyber. I don't think Hulk, especially in the condition he was in, is capable of piercing adamantium, even with adamantium given that Thor with a magic hammer that Wolverine couldn't cut, barely dented the stuff with a full powered swing. Until it happens again, I say WIS or artistic mistake and it will be something writers will and already have ignored. It will be similar to the whole Angel of Death deal with Logan when they said if he "dies" one more time, he is dead forever. That clearly hasn't held up so I don't think this will either. It came, we saw, it went.

I don't think we can compare that to Wolverine and Cyber ... as the keynote was "with enough force". Hulk's got it, Logan does not. All I'm saying, is it's possible for once substance to compromise another substance of equal strength and density. Might hold true with adamantium. Especially if substance doing the piercing is razor sharp and driven with enough force - as, say, from a creature who juggles mountains. That said, Wolverine is not ramming his claws through the head of another "Wolverine" and I too think that showing will probably fade away into the annals of obscurity.

#63 Posted by SoA (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@mjbiebs: while his skeleton is laced with adamantium , his joints are not. so when the logan who wanted to die said you know what to do , im going to guess he decapitated his future self , and if he was smart threw the head far from the body so future self could not heal .

#64 Posted by God_Spawn (38391 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: I was trying to point out the ady piercing ady in terms of how Wolverine killed himself. I can still see where you're coming from with Hulk, but I don't find the showing legit by any means. Based on the physics of it, potentially it could in the future, but I don't think Hulk can. He isn't strong enough to do so since Thor could barely dent ady with his full power and a Hulk like WWH didn't cave his skull in. I chalk it up to a moment of Aaron's hack writing to try and be funny, since he does at times trade logic for jokes, or an artistic mistake. Especially when you consider that same Hulk was weakening throughout the fight as well. I think you have a point, but until it happens again, I think it's just speculation.

The feat just simply isn't legit and I don't think anyone should take it seriously, not like they have to begin with. But I think on the end result we agree, soooo yeah.

@soa said:

@mjbiebs: while his skeleton is laced with adamantium , his joints are not. so when the logan who wanted to die said you know what to do , im going to guess he decapitated his future self , and if he was smart threw the head far from the body so future self could not heal .

He can't be dismemebered. Hulk level characters couldn't rip his arms even out of their sockets and someone already tried decapitating him with an adamantium buzzsaw and once it hit his neck it stoppped.

#65 Edited by SoA (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: well they can't dismember him in anything canon just like character deaths don't stick lol , in ultimate wolverine vs hulk, he was ripped in half .in timestorm an older wolverine was missing his arm at the shoulder . in marvel universe vs wolverine the hulk bit off his arm at the elbow ,given the arm eventually grew back but he had adamantium and the injuries i mentioned were at the joints . which are not coated with adamantium otherwise how would wolverine move ? lol, if you are looking for just canon incidents i won't argue lol

#66 Posted by waezi2 (8483 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop breathing= dead Logan

#67 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Stab to the brain. Though he'll come back

#68 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Drowning and Marumasa blade

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.