Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

hi, i'm new and annoyed.

bhx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bhx

obviously, I just saw the origins movie and now want to read the comics.
    who knew comics were so goddamn confusing.. seriously.

where do i start? what are the comics called that that film was based on? i've had a look on here and other places but i just can't make sense of it all.
    shall i read just general X-Men first?

..help please?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dane

uh well the movie isn't based off comics exactly, it's more an adaptation of his origins story.

You'd be best off reading Origin I think thats the most current comic book version of his past pretty well.

Current X-Men issues won't delve very deep into Logan's past or his life.

bhx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bhx

is there just one lot/version/run/whatever you call them of Wolverine: Origins? also, where would i buy them from?

yeah, i went with a X-Men fanatic that just wouldn't explain it to me, was like "oh, it's like all of them.. like put together.. you won't understand.. don't worry"

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dane

Well every writer has their own take on things right..

the Origin volume is here but there have been loads of beginning stories over the years.

Edit: I got the names confused with the ongoing series named Wolverine: Origins. thats here and is mildly related. I recommend the first one though

bhx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bhx

okay, thank you!
    i think i'll go have a look then maybe start posting here before i make myself look like a fool.

anyway, thanks again.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dane

lol you won't look like a fool by not having read many comics. Only people who look foolish here are people who think their fav. character is invincible.
    and my pleasure :)

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#7  Edited By EisforExtinction
    bhx said:
    "is there just one lot/version/run/whatever you call them of Wolverine: Origins? also, where would i buy them from?yeah, i went with a X-Men fanatic that just wouldn't explain it to me, was like "oh, it's like all of them.. like put together.. you won't understand.. don't worry""
    Your best bet would be to wait for X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 because the only advise I'd give you would be to pick up some Essential X-Men volumes which are basically a chuck (and I mean like the equivalent to like three or four trades) of Chris Claremont's (the guy who really developed the X-Men) run on the X-Men. Even then you'll only get bits and pieces.
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#8  Edited By EisforExtinction
    Dane said:
    "Well every writer has their own take on things right..

the Origin volume is here but there have been loads of beginning stories over the years.

Edit: I got the names confused with the ongoing series named Wolverine: Origins. thats here and is mildly related. I recommend the first one though"
    Hahaha, hell. You can do that too. It'd be closer to the movie. I'm an idiot.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dane

It's a better version to the movie imo. It's a bit more open to interpretation regarding Sabertooth.

Shipwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shipwreck

I'd read Wolverine Weapon X. It's the story of how he got the Adamatium through out his skeleton.  It's a very good and involved read. If you want more Origin type action look for early life issues of Omega Red. They are a harder find but they might be out more due to the movie. Wraith, Creed, (Silver at times) and Zero (As Maverick) has a lot to due with that time era. 

skaterjoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By skaterjoey

ya me 2.ive just started reading wolverine weapon x and its amazing and a good take on the whole weapon x thing

jymevans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jymevans

I suggest going to your local Comic shop and asking for TPB (Trade Paper Back) of  "Weapon X" and "Wolverine: Origin" Also I have found that THIS SITE (Comic Vine) has the most thurough outline of Wolverine's true Comic story:  http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/29-1440/

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13  Edited By No_Name_

Welcome to Comic Vine. :)

Dane said:
    lol you won't look like a fool by not having read many comics. Only people who look foolish here are ... [more]
    Aren't you helpful! :)

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dane

Everyone was nice to me when I first joined so I try to be nice to new people so they'll have the same experience ;)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

IE SMASH!

Dane said:
    Everyone was nice to me when I first joined so I try to be nice to new people so they'll ... [more]
    ::high five::

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16  Edited By No_Name_
    inferiorego said:
    IE SMASH! Dane said: Everyone was nice to me when I first joined so I try to be nice to ... [more]
    Seconded. I think it's really important to be nice to new users. We can create a really great community environment if everyone has that same mentality. :)
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Babs said:
    inferiorego said: IE SMASH! Dane said: Everyone was nice to me when I first joined so I try to be ... [more]
    Plus it gives me more time to  corrupt them. Oh yeah, and the community part too.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dane

Go team!

No Caption Provided

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

wait... I'm the girl? weird

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dane

Actually I was kind of thinking they were placeholders for you and babs. Go team like go mod team I mean... I couldn't really find a 3 way high five so I thought I'd just step out of frame kinda. But um you could be the girl if you wanted to..

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Dane said:
    Actually I was kind of thinking they were placeholders for you and babs. Go team like go mod team I ... [more]
    that guy needs a bigger beer belly and a LOT more tattoos to be me
    Webstad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Webstad

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...welcome to the Vine! For further reads into Wolverine, you can also check out his adventures with other heroes, like early issues of Ms Marvel, which touches on when they were in the army. Actually, as mentioned above, the Vine is a good resource as a directory. For some important historical reads, check out Wolverine #10 (1989), Wolverine #113 (1997), Logan: Path of the Warlord (1996), Logan: Shadow Society (1996). Or, go here for all of what you need. On the bottom right is a list of relevant books. It's all good.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Calvin
    @bhx: Well I haven't even see the film....The more I get into comics the less I get into comic movies...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.