Good Wolverine stories??

#1 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a big Wolverine fan and have read many of what are considered to be his "essential" books, but I am looking to read some more so what are your favorite wolverine story's and why?

Try to avoid spoilers for those who may not have read them!

#2 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump ...

#3 Posted by JakeN7 (10518 posts) - - Show Bio

If you haven't read this yet :

then you are missing out on my favorite Wolverine story of all time. It's the same creative team that brought us Kick-Ass and of course Mark Millar can do no wrong and John Romita Jr's art looks great in this (which hasn't necessarily been the case of late.) It has a perfect blend of action and character-driven plot elements and shows Wolverine at his best (at what he does...)

For more recent reading, I would suggest Jason Aaron's run. The second arc of which (Wolverine vs. The X-Men) has a lot of similarities to Enemy of the State, (chiefly of course that Wolverine is brainwashed and goes on a rampage.)

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some good Wolverine stories:

Wolverine by Chris Claremont

Old Man Logan by Mark Millar

Wolverine: Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith

#5 Posted by the_kza (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine: Logan by Brian K Vaughn

Wolverine First Class by PAD

Wolverine and Jubilee by Kathryn Immonen

X-Men Kitty Pryde and Wolverine

Get Mystique by Jason Aaron

#6 Posted by OmegaHans (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of the stories where he's in Japan or his 'Patch' episodes in Madripoor, I favored those in particular. Unfortunately I have not read them in so long I cannot say their story titles off my head at this moment (After doing a quick search engine check, one of them seems to be called 'THE GOOD GUY', from Marvel Comics Presents #1).

#7 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

If you can wait and have a little coin to spend you might want to check out Wolverine the Adamantium Collection that is coming out in June. It'll be an oversized slip case 700pg collection and cost about $200.

It's the best and brightest moments from Wolverine's long and storied history - presented together in a gorgeous, oversized slipcased hardcover and packed with dozens of extras, just in time for Logan's triumphant return to the big screen! Witness the transformation of sickly James Howlett into the battle-hardened Logan, and then into the metal-clawed super hero called Wolverine! Experience Logan's struggles to learn the ways of honor, control his bestial nature, and deal with a litany of friends and foes from his checkered past! Thrill to his near-fatal encounter with Magneto! And be there as Wolverine takes on the responsibility of mentoring the next generation - and opens a school! Collecting ORIGIN #1-6; material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #72-84; UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #162, #205 and #268; WOLVERINE (1982) #1-4; WOLVERINE (1988) #75 and #119-122; WOLVERINE (2003) #32; and WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #1-3.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kza said:

Wolverine: Logan by Brian K Vaughn

Wolverine First Class by PAD

Wolverine and Jubilee by Kathryn Immonen

X-Men Kitty Pryde and Wolverine

Get Mystique by Jason Aaron

I actually have Kitty Pryde and Wolverine on my comic stacks from the library, so I'll definitely try to read that book!

#9 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kza: Thank you some very helpful suggestions :D

#10 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#11 Edited by Newjackman (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan is one of my favorite Wolverine stories.

#12 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if Netsuke and Snikt! are good reads? I love the cover art but none of these 2 titles has any rating or review on CV yet. Besides, can anybody recommend any Wolverine one-shots and maybe What If stories. Thanks in advance.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal favorite is Enemy of the State and Old Man Logan also.

#14 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Wolverine and Jubilee. I forget who it was by. Also the Classic Wolverine series by Chris Claremont is essential if you love the chracter. My personal favorite is Old Man Logan by Mark Millar. Thats such a goddamn dark story, but its good.

#15 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, Dying Game

Fatal Attractions, the Uncanny X-Men issue and Wolverine series in the early 1990's

Original Sin, Wolverine Origins

Sex and Violence, X-Force

Blockbuster, Ultimate X-Men

X-Men , Mutant Genesis, from, the 1990's

At the moment Savage Wolverine is pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.