Do you Prefer a Tall or Short Wolverine

• 63 results
Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been thinking recently about Wolverines size hes seems to fall on the short side in most comics but then be like 6 foot in another. So I was wondering do you prefer a short Wolverine or a tall Wolverine, I mean each size has its pros and cons and Wolverines generally depicted as on the short side and made fun of because of it. But then you can look at books like Old Man Logan an hes like 6 foot five. So why do you think hes so short is it the Adamantium on his bones weighing him down or is it to represent the more animalistic side to him? Also which do you prefer a tall or short Wolverine?

#1 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't matter to me.

#2 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Short. Maybe not as short as when he was first introduced, but definitely shorter than Cyclops, Iceman, etc. It's part of who he is.

#3 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Short but not midget short.

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6000 posts) - - Show Bio

Short because I really loved him being a short member of the team.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Short because that's how he was set up to be.

#6 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

Short, he was made to be

keep it 5'3 because shorter dudes need to have a cool role model too

#7 Edited by cattlebattle (13151 posts) - - Show Bio

His height has importance to his actual codename, the Wolverine being a small animal

however due to the popularity of the movies and Hugh Jackman being like 6' 20" Wolverine has been being depicted taller, I mean not as tall as Jackman, but he has been drawn taller than his original 5'3" or at least it looks like he  has...

I could care less either way, as long as he is not written ridiculously

#8 Posted by IrishX (2457 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx@cattlebattle:  5'5" (Incredible Hulk 181)
#9 Posted by cattlebattle (13151 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
@Nerx@cattlebattle:  5'5" (Incredible Hulk 181)
Nope, its different on other bios, I distinctly remember reading he is 5'3", being he is a fictional character I don't believ there is a right answer
#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

For real. I hate it when he's too short. I really liked Snikt Wolverine, one of my favorite Mini's ever.

#11 Posted by IrishX (2457 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: When you say "nope"... are you disputing  that Logan is stated to be 5'5" in Hulk 181?  Just checking.
#12 Posted by cattlebattle (13151 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
@cattlebattle: When you say "nope"... are you disputing  that Logan is stated to be 5'5" in Hulk 181?  Just checking.
Nope, you presented it like you were correcting me, He may be that height in that comic but he has no factual height
#13 Posted by SoA (5102 posts) - - Show Bio

5'3 otherwise villains calling him runt makes no sense

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Doesn't matter to me.
#15 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

Simeone should make a height chart for him of how tall he is and how its changed over the years

#16 Edited by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@IrishX said:
@Nerx: @cattlebattle: 5'5" (Incredible Hulk 181)
Nope, its different on other bios, I distinctly remember reading he is 5'3", being he is a fictional character I don't believ there is a right answer

That is his original height, and he is not supposed to be a looker there was a time when they called him 'dog face'

I want his cigarettes back as well

#17 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

He's always been short...

#18 Posted by IrishX (2457 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: I was correcting you. You refered to 5'3" as his "original" height. I'm aware that other sites and media have him depicted as being various other heights. I didn't mean it in an insulting way but more of a informing way.
#19 Posted by Joygirl (20119 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you prefer a wrong or right Wolverine? Wolverine is short. Anything above 5'7" is stupid.

#20 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Do you prefer a wrong or right Wolverine? Wolverine is short. Anything above 5'7" is stupid.

I dont think I would have Enjoyed Old Man Logan if he was short

#21 Posted by The Stegman (25455 posts) - - Show Bio

When I think Wolverines in the wild, I think of small, hairy vicious creatures that pick fights with those that are out of their league and somehow win with attitude alone...so yeah, he should be short.

#22 Posted by sagejonathan (2011 posts) - - Show Bio

Short but not too short.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

Short.It's how he was created

#24 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't really matter, I prefer 5'5 cause I'm 5'8, I wanna look down at Wolverine, but still looks menacing.

#25 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Short. That's the whole point of him being "Wolverine" he attacks things that are way bigger than him.

#26 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

He's 5'9" in the Ultimate Universe. I think he should be in between his 616 and Ultimate heights.

#27 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter what I, or anyone else prefers, Wolverine was created as a short character, is a short character and will always be a short character.

Wolverine is short. End of story.

#28 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

this

#29 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx said:

@cattlebattle said:

@IrishX said:
@Nerx: @cattlebattle: 5'5" (Incredible Hulk 181)

That is his original height, and he is not supposed to be a looker there was a time when they called him 'dog face'

I want his cigarettes back as well

I thought he was a cigar man and Gambit smoked cigarettes.

#30 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

to me it dose not matter but iam only 5"5 maybe 5"6 lol short is cool with me to but in general tall or short wolverine is still a badass.

#31 Posted by Dernman (15430 posts) - - Show Bio
@sagejonathan said:

Short but not too short.

#32 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Taller than his Bio says he is. which is like 5'3" and he's usually not drawn that short either. but he is on occasion.

#33 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

short, like a little furry ball of fury.

#34 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

btw this is like saying "do you prefer Wolverine with claws or spaghetti hands?"

He was created shorter than the average guy, the end.

#35 Posted by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer short, I've heard about 5'5" which i like cause that's my height.

#36 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave: Spaghetti Hands?

#37 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: Spaghetti hands.

#38 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave: What are they O.o

#39 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: Hands made of spaghetti. I didn't think it was that complicated.

#40 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

@davelecave: Oh I read your thing wrong i though spaghetti hands was a term for something...

#41 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: Lol.

#42 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Right

Wrong

He is short, hairy and not some pretty boy. If the X-Men need a pretty boy Gambit or Cyclops fit just fine.

#43 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

short wolverine, like he was intended to be.

#44 Edited by RiddlingGambit (204 posts) - - Show Bio

No brainer, SHORT of course, because the actual animal he is named after, the wolverine, are small and savage creatures, just like the character is a small and savage runt. They got a tall guy to play Wolverine in a movies so I'd guess that's why this question arose, but look at the upcoming Dark Knight Rises, where a guy who is a little under 6 feet is playing Bane who is closer to 7 feet. That's the movie industry for ya. They'll rely on special angle techniques to cover up bad decisions that effect character perception (though because great actors fill the role it is often forgiven). People who only know Wolverine in Film would probably be surprised knowing his original height, and maybe would want a taller re-interpretation, but that's a real superficial outlook, and it would bastardize the character. There are too many tall characters as it is.

#45 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

he should be about as tall as kevin Hart(comedian) who is short and his height is "5 foot 5 feet? but can still be intimidating like vegeta from dbz.

#46 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

short, any man over 5'8" can not be called Runt

#47 Posted by Jeanniebird (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Short. 'nuff said.

#48 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19517 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7621 posts) - - Show Bio

Medium

#50 Posted by Ryanmcfarland (52 posts) - - Show Bio

average

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.