Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Do you like Wolverine? What do you think of him?

Avatar image for wolverine_is_hot
    Wolverine-Is-Hot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Wolverine-Is-Hot

I think wolverine RAWKS THIS WORLD( the comic book world that is)  he is so awesome, i can't wait till Origins comes out, hugh jackman rox 2, but wolverine is the best...if only he sang like hugh does...lol jk but wat i want 2 know is wat u think of him...eh bub?

_Obsidian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By _Obsidian_

Wolverine is a bit too violent and animal-like for my taste. No, don't really like him.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By zero edge

Wolverine hasn't interested me for a while.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

totally

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wolverine was one of my favorite characters...Origins is killing him for me.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ebony Bishop

When he's written correctly, he's awesome. When he's written the way he normally is lately, not so much.

It's not the character that I've lost interest in -- it's the writers. Bendis writes a good Wolverine (the scene on the plane in New Avengers when Wolvie breaks down why each one of them is a Skrull was good stuff), as did Whedon in Astonishing. Loeb did not, and I'm on the fence about Brubaker, as I love his writing, but Logan hasn't done much more than fight lately in Uncanny.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By _Sojourn_

I love wolverine he is my favorite character of all time

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Ebony Bishop said:
    "When he's written correctly, he's awesome. When he's written the way he normally is lately, not so much.

It's not the character that I've lost interest in -- it's the writers. Bendis writes a good Wolverine (the scene on the plane in New Avengers when Wolvie breaks down why each one of them is a Skrull was good stuff), as did Whedon in Astonishing. Loeb did not, and I'm on the fence about Brubaker, as I love his writing, but Logan hasn't done much more than fight lately in Uncanny.
    "
    Agreed.
    Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Ebony Bishop said:
    "When he's written correctly, he's awesome. When he's written the way he normally is lately, not so much.

"
    I agree with all of that.

And why did no one else like the plane issue of New Avengers? I thought it was good.
    Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gottheit

I think I like Sabretooth more.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By The_Martian
    Buckshot said:
    "Ebony Bishop said:

"

And why did no one else like the plane issue of New Avengers? I thought it was good.
    "
    Agreed.

Do you mean the first set of New Avengers?
    WolverineXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WolverineXman

Hey, I LOVE Wolverine. Comic, movie, I don't really care. Can't wait for the Origins movie, I may have to wear my costume to that one XD. The big thing about him is that he IS an animal. Seriously, what is NOT cool about adamantium claws and that type of personality? (Unless you are the target of both)

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
    The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to like him before he became an immortal who had to be in every single comic/event Marvel comes up with.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slinger

Wolverine is who got me into Marvel comics in the first place, he was my favorite character until I discovered my Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I'll always have a soft spot for Wolvie.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Midnight Lantern
    Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
    "I use to like him before he became an immortal who had to be in every single comic/event Marvel comes up with.
    "

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pixelized
    WolverineXman said:
    "Can't wait for the Origins movie, I may have to wear my costume to that one XD. "

i pray to god that you're kidding
    brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brainiac 1.0
    pixelized said:
    "WolverineXman said:
    "Can't wait for the Origins movie, I may have to wear my costume to that one XD. "

i pray to god that you're kidding"
    LOL!  People will throw popcorn at you.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Pania

Once upon a time, Wolverine had "The Man With No Name" kind of cool. Claremont defined him as "The Samuri who exceeds everyone's expectations but his own..." as Logan tried to be a better man.

Then Marvel raped him, repeatedly, to sell comics. Now he is overplayed and played out. No mystery, nothing appealing, and freakin' everywhere in ways that make no sense at all.

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Holacik
    Buckshot said:
    "Ebony Bishop said:

"

"
    Of course Iron Fist really owned in that Issue "I didn't all of the sudden have a plane..." (Paraphrasing of course)
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pixelized
    brainiac 1.0 said:
    "pixelized said:
    "WolverineXman said:

i pray to god that you're kidding"
    LOL!  People will throw popcorn at you.
    "
    after they run out of rocks
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sparda

Despite how ridiculous he is most of the time (lately, with the "being at lots of places at once" thing), I still think Logan rocks.

WolverineXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WolverineXman

Very funny guys, and no, I'm not kidding XD

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Queen Kong

He aight....

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Raphael of TMNT was modeled personality wise after Wolverine. He's the impatient hothead that does things his own way much like Wolverine, and doesn't act well when he doesn't get his way.

I think Wolverine is cool. He has his own unique look, and theme. Also though he doesn't intend to be funny he still is.

I remember in one 90s XMen episode where he was talking to Morph and said. "So you made me mad big deal happens all the time. You should see me in line at the post office."

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Raphael of TMNT was modeled personality wise after Wolverine. He's the impatient hothead that does things his own way much like Wolverine, and doesn't act well when he doesn't get his way.

I think Wolverine is cool. He has his own unique look, and theme. Also though he doesn't intend to be funny he still is.

I remember in one 90s XMen episode where he was talking to Morph and said. "So you made me mad big deal happens all the time. You should see me in line at the post office."

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chaos Agent

Wolverine was my favorite marvel character but I hate he is overused and have lost almost any interest in the character

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I like Daken better...

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Acheron

Wolverine is one of my favourite comic characters. He's awesome.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By G'bandit

He is cool and even If sometimes bugs me, the true is that you like him or not he is a veteran in character and in comics..

X-factor, Xmen, Weapon X, Avengers and most Marvel comics! He is been there! He is one of Marvel's cash cows and the arts are awesome as well. So I guess (Even If I love when Magneto is ripping off his skeleton)  I gotta say he is one of my favorites as well.

But just for fun, lets see that again =]

Ooooh that is badass XD
    Ooooh that is badass XD

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SUNMAN

I use to love Wolverine. I still like him in comics, and I use to like him in cartoons. But I am not in love with current incarnation of the cartoon and movies. I liked X-men and X2 when I first saw them, but now that I think back they were mostly just wolverine centric and that kind of bugged me. I love the original wolverine and reading him in the comics. However, I do not like the new taller version and leader version as much. Do not get me wrong I like Hugh Jackman, and I think his wolverine is good, but just he is too tall. I just think a lot of the other X-men are given justice in their portrayals. 

What I love about Wolverine is his badass attitude, and how he never gives up even when the odds are against him. I love watching him when he is portrayed as the lone-wolf or underdog.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vindellavon

In all honesty, it's the body count on his head that attracts me to his character. Right now he may be a bit overused, but from twenty plus years ago, he was the perfect example of anti-hero. I enjoy violence, blood, and warfare, and Wolverine constitutes those qualities pretty well.

TheGift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGift

I liked him better during the Chris Claremont and John Byrne era.

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By Silver Knight75

Logan has done some bad things in the past. Some out of his control like  when he was with Team X and when he was a pawn of Thorton.  

there are a lot I could mention, but he has a sense of honor and has achieved redemption many times over with the X-men. For that I like him. 

At least he quit smoking.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DH69

i love how he whore's himself across the marvel universes =P

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Phorqe

I usually like him on the X-men, even through the various phases he's gone through. The Wolverine monthly is a little much. I think the series should be shorter and have more specific plot lines. I've seen a few of them that barely have words in them. He's always been pretty bad ass but the over exposure discredits his character. I liked him more when the details about his life were sketchy and he was on the search for the truth, only to find bits and pieces of it. The mystery of him was the most appealing part.

dc-kid21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dc-kid21

i think wolverine is cool he just appears in every single comic book i even saw him in the back round of archie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarcasm      but so true

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Watch Dog

Wolverine is FN awesome he's been one of my favorite guys since I first saw him on Spiderman and his amazing friends he was just bad ass hitting on fire star and stuff now in hine site a little creepy since he was like 80 and she was like 18 tops but I was6 and he was cool and he is still in my top 5 faverites.  

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

Wolvie is one of the coolest marvel characters , He rocks !!!  but I l like him more in the movies . Hugh Jackman is the perfect  actor for him.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By ninjadude853

wolverine is one of my favorite characters in anything, i find him to be a compeling and intruiging character, and he has a sweet ass power set

that said

he is the most overexposed character on earth, in ANY form of entertainment, and i think that they should limit his appearances for awhile

The Liberator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By The Liberator

Despite all of the complaints of overexposure which I'm sick of hearing (it's not the character's fault he's so awesome!), and despite the fact that Wolverine rightfully should not be in The Avengers or more than one team of the X-Men, he's one of the greatest comic book characters ever conceived in my opinion.

So many comic snobs I know hate on Wolverine and his numerous appearances, but almost all of them agree that Origin is one of the best graphic novels/stories ever. Well that's Wolverine, bitches!!! He might've been handled poorly by some, but if you look at the original appearances of Wolverine, especially when Byrne was writing him, he was epic!!

He was one of the first costumed characters aside from The Punisher that killed, that used lethal force and didn't seem like he was on such a moral high ground. I think a lot of his original appeal came from him being the guy that would do the dirty work, who could kill with a clean conscience when nobody else could. 
    People can hate on him as much as they like, he was one of the original anti-hero badasses in comic books and still is. 

(Also, Daken sucks.)

pancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pancakes

yea like i like the dallas cowboys hate to love them (no romo no and slaps the tv)i was a fan when he was mor like daken but it seems dakens a big jerk lol a really funny one so yea i home we get better storrys with more killin im my mind hes the ali of the comic world but as of late man just not fealing it the ive seen several book with horible art and some books with not one person being stabbed in the hood theyd say hes falling off

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.