Comic Book Question of the Week: 3/26/13 - Who Do You Want in 'The Wolverine?'

Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

We're being bombarded with new bits of information about The Wolverine this week, so it only seems logical to make the 'Comic Book Question of the Week' about the film, too! Many of us still have a bad taste in our mouths after 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but Fox seems to have learned from their mistakes. It's time to go big or go home when it comes to comic book movies and luckily the studio seems to recognize that.

This week, we've seen bits and pieces of the film and we're going to get the first full trailer on Wednesday (how appropriate for new comic book day). Highlights included a glimpse of Jean Grey (could it simply be a flashback or something more?) and a first look at Silver Samurai's awesometastic armor.

We know the film will be packed with other characters including Viper, Lord Shingen and Mariko Yashida, but it's always possible other characters from the Marvel universe could appear -- and that, friends, is our question for you this week. We've selected ten characters and want to know which one you'd like to see the most in Logan's second solo film. Do you want to see Deadpool (you know, the real one) show his hideous face or would you rather see Cyclops make a miraculous return?

CLICK HERE TO CAST YOUR VOTE. Voting will be open until Friday morning (ET) and a feature with the results will go up on the homepage shortly after.

Remember, you need to click the above link to vote! Posting your vote in the comments section below will not count!

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. This is the part where he shamelessly plugs his Google+ and Twitter page in hopes of getting a new follower or two.

#1 Posted by HoodlumNoHavoc (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Ellen Page as a ninja came to mind.

#2 Edited by Dernman (15222 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Wolverine.

#3 Posted by ZacCooper (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Sunfire get some screen time

#4 Posted by Oscars94 (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love an awesome fight against the Silver Samurai. I hope that's not Jean. :/

#5 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

A new Wolverine.

i like taylor lautner too ;)

#6 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue.

#7 Edited by HempKnight757 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21: What are you talking about? As Wolverine? I would literally puke. His height is closer, but Wolverine is suppose to have hair. At least Hugh is a good actor.

#8 Posted by Chewish (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Eye Scream...

#9 Posted by Perfect 10 (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

this new layout is hurting my eyes. too "cool" for my tastes.

would love to see jubilee since she never got any real time plus her powers are cool and her one liners are awesome

#10 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3904 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing another appearance by Sabertooth (In a flashback or something). I like how he's always a thorn in Wolvie's side.

#11 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21: What are you talking about? As Wolverine? I would literally puke. His height is closer, but Wolverine is suppose to have hair. At least Hugh is a good actor.

lol i was kidding...allthough those jean shorts..... huh?! what?

#12 Posted by dcfox (158 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Psylocke. But in her new Uncanny X-Force uniform and not the single piece bathing suit.

#13 Posted by Fetts (4488 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Daken should have some type of reference or cameo.

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7317 posts) - - Show Bio

PSYLOCKE!!!

#15 Edited by Mieux (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love if they could make Psylocke work. Maybe even as the Lady Mandarin.

#16 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken please!!!

#17 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken!!!!!!!!!

@dernman said:

A new Wolverine.

i like taylor lautner too ;)

LMAO

#18 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai

#19 Edited by BR_Havoc (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

@goddamnironman: I could see it maybe an after credit scene were we see Daken as a baby?

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

WEAPON XI!

#21 Edited by comicace3 (5971 posts) - - Show Bio

It just better not suck balls like X-Men origins: Wolverine.

#22 Edited by God_Spawn (38088 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts said:

I think Daken should have some type of reference or cameo.

I second this notion.

#23 Edited by nappystr8 (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunfire would be amazing, he's always that X-Man who everyone, writers and fans alike seem to completely forget about. Even with his cousin Silver Samurai in the film, I don't know if we can count on Sunfire. I can't think of any other characters other than Sunfire, Lady Hydra and Silver Samurai that I both care about and think would make sense as part of this film though.

#24 Posted by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops would be a helluva surprise. But possibly as an after credits teaser for XM:DOFP. The REAL Deadpool would be cool too.

#25 Posted by TheHeat (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool. Psylocke would be cool as well, but she did die in X-Men: The Last Stand.

#26 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken or Sunfire.

#27 Edited by Cypher4 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, so is this movie supposed to take place after X3? I assumed it was in between X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men. I haven't read much about the movie yet.

#28 Posted by PATTX (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth Deadpool Cyclops and Gambit Cameos or flashbacks and maybe Daken too

#29 Posted by Bad_People (163 posts) - - Show Bio

A better movie that X-Men Origins.

#30 Posted by Vincent_Valjean (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Romulus!

#31 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1530 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see an intro or mention to Daken but mostly I'd like the movie actually relate to the comic storylines because as we have seen the abominations the films have tried to pass off is just garbage.

#33 Edited by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dont want any useless appearances just for the sake of fan service. However mention or at least allusion to Daken would be pretty interesting.

#34 Edited by nxt174 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

a build up for draken in the next film

#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

LEAVING VOTING OPEN FOR THE REST OF THE DAY SINCE THIS WAS POSTED LATER THAN USUAL.

#36 Posted by God_Spawn (38088 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a poll for this somewhere then? Or are we just posting answers?@k4tzm4n:

#37 Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a poll for this somewhere then? Or are we just posting answers?@k4tzm4n:

A link to the poll is provided in the OP.

#38 Posted by God_Spawn (38088 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: And I completely missed that...thanks lol.

#39 Posted by k4tzm4n (48476 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by 14NC3 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I REALLY want to see Daken or Romulus

#41 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool.

#42 Posted by hellogan (55 posts) - - Show Bio

My first thought was a cameo by the Incredible Hulk since he's the one that gave Wolverine his training wheels. I also like Logan's interaction with Rogue however, I don't believe Rogue so far has been portrayed very well in the movies so far. I don't really see her as a gentle cowering touchy feelly person like she's been portrayed. Reading the comics growing up she always seemed to me like a firey, sexy, southern bell. That knows how to throw down with the best of them like Thor. I'd also like to see Baron Karza appear in a live action movie.

#43 Posted by laflux (16770 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, Gorgon. However, I'm almost certain that's not happening :(

#44 Posted by God_Spawn (38088 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Honestly, Gorgon. However, I'm almost certain that's not happening :(

I laugh at thine's disappointment. It's like someone just Daredevil kicked your dreams unconscious. Trololol.

#45 Edited by laflux (16770 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by God_Spawn (38088 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.