Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Claws...

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rasarima

The hallmark of the wolverine are his claws, they are part of the character so that a Wolverine without claws is not a wolverine.

But I do not really understand these claws, they leave from the arm or wrist? I believe, by their size, the forearm.

So I have three large pieces of metal in the forearm and for whatever reason, they do not appear under the skin. Why? it is not visible at all times, even under your skin?

Early in his career, he had won the claws, but since Wolerine: Origins he "always had" it, then he can control his claws like a cat does, one by one individually? So it is a power now? it can be nullified by a collar or such?

We already saw Adamitium being destroyed for many reasons, but for some reason his claws are not.

Sometimes he uses his claws to climb up buildings and stuff, which makes no sense, because if it sticks easily in concrete, it can not be used to climb. Is like trying to climb a mountain of butter using a hot knife !

that is, I always thought his claws a bit excessive ...

The claw - Liar
    The claw - Liar
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

I think these are questions you're just going to have to let go cause I doubt any real answers are going to be given

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

@Rasarima said:

1. But I do not really understand these claws, they leave from the arm or wrist? I believe, by their size, the forearm.
    2. So I have three large pieces of metal in the forearm and for whatever reason, they do not appear under the skin. Why? it is not visible at all times, even under your skin?
    3. Early in his career, he had won the claws, but since Wolerine: Origins he "always had" it, then he can control his claws like a cat does, one by one individually? So it is a power now? it can be nullified by a collar or such?
    4. We already saw Adamitium being destroyed for many reasons, but for some reason his claws are not.
    5. Sometimes he uses his claws to climb up buildings and stuff, which makes no sense, because if it sticks easily in concrete, it can not be used to climb. Is like trying to climb a mountain of butter using a hot knife
    1. They leave from his forearm.
    2. Possibly mistaken for defined flexor muscles of the forearm when retracted and present subcutaneously.
    3. Skeletal modification,heightened senses and regeneration are the results of his mutation. I believe that, under conventional power nullification, physical mutations remain. For example, Marrow's boney outgrowths remained after her depowerment on M-Day. If his claws were to be removed when his powers were nullified, they would not grow back. Side note: Wolverine would begin to die from Adamantium poisoning if his powers were nullified.
    4. They could be destroyed.
    5. Maybe he just moves really quickly, or maybe the claws only just manage to break the concrete from a piercing angle thus meaning the weight drags down on their blunt side.
    weaponx25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weaponx25

They come from the top of his hand, it's so obvious they show it in every image of him with his claws and he has always had them, they were just made of bone before he went with department H.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Actually they were originally intended to be part of his glove of course he was also originally intended to be an actual mutated wolverine so we don't need to look to far back in his past

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rasarima

Strange equipment nevertheless

Avatar image for big_blue_cheese
    big_blue_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By big_blue_cheese

Comics don't need to make sense.

Enigmatri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Enigmatri

Wolverine's claws retract from the forearm. One good example or proof of this (although its not comic) is in the first X-men film when Jean Grey puts Wolverine in some form of scanner showing his claws in his forearm. They do not appear under the skin for the same reason your bone doesn't show up under your skin. (2 claws situated on one side of his bone and the final claw on the other side, if you look closely at your hand in comparison to your forearm you can see maybe why this could be) Like most mutants, Wolverine needed something to trigger his mutant abilities, in this case when his friend 'Dog' attacked him and his friends (If I remember correctly). After this he started controlling when to release the claws (all three at the same time in his hand) until eventually when his control over his claws was good enough he begun controlling individual claws; basically advancing his skill in his mutations (Healing factor can't be controlled, it's more of a reaction towards injury) His adamantium claws can be destroyed but like any adamantium object, it would be extremely difficult, you have a better chance of what Magneto did, remove the adamantium from his bone, but not destroy it. I don't think his adamantium claws would stick easily in to concrete, I think he'd have to force it in to the concrete, and then use his strength again to remove the claw and place it again at a different location, like in a spider-man way but with claws. Any pain caused during this process would be eliminated by the healing factor. That's what I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.