Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Can Wolverine get Jean Gray now?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By krspaceT

If you balance Emma Frost and the fact that he's become a jerk, would Jean Gray still want to be with Cyclops. Does Wolverine now have a shot once she returns.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Jean is going to be very young compared to both Scott and Logan. It'd be a little weird for her to end up with either of them. Remember, at the time when she's coming from, the love triangle she was in was Scott/Angel. And Angel won't even remember her.

HaydrianPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HaydrianPayne

@fodigg said:

Jean is going to be very young compared to both Scott and Logan. It'd be a little weird for her to end up with either of them. Remember, at the time when she's coming from, the love triangle she was in was Scott/Angel. And Angel won't even remember her.

Yes. Young Jean Grey should have no business with Logan. I will however point out that the Logan/Jean Grey thing started soon in the "All-New X-Men" career, so she was still relatively young at this stage and Logan really hasn't aged from that point.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Poor Jean...her boyfriend is currently a a$$hole, 2 of her best friends have changed dramatically in appearance(Beast and Angel), Wolverine has the hots for her(something that would scare anyone...LOL), Angel ain't gonna remember her, most of the X-Men she doesn't know.

Man poor girl, she was better off dead, and I liked her. Maybe they can make her a boyfriend or somethign(maybe have her date Human Torch? It happened in the 60's comics at least for 1 issue).

This.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By _Zombie_

Why does Jean have to be 'got'? Why not just leave the character single instead of thrusting her into a relationship?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fodigg

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Why does Jean have to be 'got'? Why not just leave the character single instead of thrusting her into a relationship?

I agree. She needs to fly solo for a while to rebuild her character. After that, I think new relationships are in order.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Poor Jean...her boyfriend is currently a a$$hole, 2 of her best friends have changed dramatically in appearance(Beast and Angel), Wolverine has the hots for her(something that would scare anyone...LOL), Angel ain't gonna remember her, most of the X-Men she doesn't know.

Man poor girl, she was better off dead, and I liked her. Maybe they can make her a boyfriend or somethign(maybe have her date Human Torch? It happened in the 60's comics at least for 1 issue).

lol

HaydrianPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HaydrianPayne

@ZombieBigfoot said:

She doesn't.

I'd still like it to happen.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Zombie_

@fodigg: PF and relationships killed the character for me the first time. I wanna see her start fresh without either in the extremely, insanely rare event I read any of the revamp titles.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

keep jean gray dead

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Just keep her single. And besides, she is a teen, Cyclops is almost 30 if not there already and Logan is...well hasn't changed since she saw him last.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hareil0079

Yes, let it happen Jean/Logan

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar

No.

Vetoed.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crimsonlord53

God I hope not and considering she's coming back as a teen and is very much in love with "her" scott having her jump into anything with a future X-men seems cheap and stinks of bad writing. Beside's I feel ms grainer would have something to say to both of them on that subject.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oraclefyre

I don't think so. In a couple of years maybe. she couldn't have been more than 21 when she met Wolverine.

And I don't want her anywhere near Scott. He's like thirty-something.

I actually hope she's at the stage when it's her and Angel dating. I don't want her to be bound to Scott.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Heard she is 17 (saw in an interview by Alonso). Ship them if you want to, but it would be creepy to do so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Heard she is 17 (saw in an interview by Alonso). Ship them if you want to, but it would be creepy to do so.

I put nothing past Marvel by now, but I am really hoping not.

Eyazbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Eyazbrown

I always wanted them to get together but it would be best to build up her character.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By moywar700

@fodigg said:

The age difference between emma and teen jean grey isn't very much to wolverine. Wolverine is 150 years old and a 11 years difference means very little to him.Wolverine would want to have teen jean grey given his obsession over her. I would imagine it would be awkward for current cyclops for him to be around her because he'll get reminded so much of Jean grey. Emma use to feel scared of jean grey but should feel above her.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fodigg

@moywar700 said:

@fodigg said:

The age difference between emma and teen jean grey isn't very much to wolverine. Wolverine is 150 years old and a 11 years difference means very little to him.Wolverine would want to have teen jean grey given his obsession over her. I would imagine it would be awkward for current cyclops for him to be around her because he'll get reminded so much of Jean grey. Emma use to feel scared of jean grey but should feel above her.

Wolverine still tends more to "adopt" young girls, not date them. I think with this Jean he'd be more inclined to treat her like:

And for young boys I'd argue Quentin Quire is becoming Logan's "Amadeus Cho". And now Logan has the entire school under his wing.

Of course it would be weird for him to meet Jean at this age, but such is life as a comic book character.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AweSam

@fodigg said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I agree. She needs to fly solo for a while to rebuild her character. After that, I think new relationships are in order.

Tell that to Marvel. They're probably only going to bring her back so they can put her in another relationship.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By clemj

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23  Edited By x_29

Hell yeah man. Logan going to be all up in that homie, like fo shizzle my dizzle.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Mr Marvel82

Wait. Aren't all of the O5 coming to present 616? If so, wouldn't Jean be in her awkward dating stage O5 Scott?

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Madame_Mist

Maybe one day. But she's too young and Scott and Logan are old enough to be her father and immediately binding her to Scott or Logan would just revert her to type.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By noj

@Madame_Mist: Logan was ALWAYS old enough to be her father. Hes like 150 or something. If you were to take it by age alone Wolverine dating anyone is kinda creepy. The age thing probably doesnt mean all that much for him. To someone that old the gap between 17 and 21 is practically nonexistent.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Madame_Mist

@noj said:

@Madame_Mist: Logan was ALWAYS old enough to be her father. Hes like 150 or something. If you were to take it by age alone Wolverine dating anyone is kinda creepy. The age thing probably doesnt mean all that much for him. To someone that old the gap between 17 and 21 is practically nonexistent.

True. But I'm wondering if a teenage Jean would go for it. But Xavier was attracted to her back in the day and agreeing with what you're saying about Logan, maybe hopefully the guy will wait until she's at least legal. But then again there was the Colossus and Kitty situation....

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BaBaBoom

@noj said:

Pedo-Logan agrees

tyciol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By tyciol

Jean's always been very mature for her age. After all, she was 7 years old at most, when she joined the X-men:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I couldn't care less if she's a teenager, Wolverine and Cyclops are probably less emotionally stable than your average teenager anyway.

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be a jerk and a dick to anyone who thinks they can just flirt with my girl. I would treat them like shit and even give them a punch or two. Cyclops is justified in every way to treat Wolverine the way he does. Cyclops and Jean Grey have been romantically involved with each other ever since the first launch of the X-Men series. Wolverine loves Jean Grey, yes. But there is a difference between him and Cyclops. Wolverine is a bad boy, Cyclops is a nice guy. Girls flirt with the bad boys, but they stay with the nice guys. Logan and Jean have chemistry, I will admit that. But even in the movie The Last Stand, Scott was in so much depression I felt sorry for the guy and Jean Grey said she would rather die than live in a world without Scott. That SAYS something about their relationships. I don't exactly believe in soul mates but these two are literally PERFECT for each other! Let's say Logan dies (Just go with me on this one), would Jean say she would rather die in a world without him? No. She would grieve, yes, but she won't kill herself for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.