Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Can Wolverine get drunk?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By John Valentine

I read somewhere that Wolverine can't get drunk. How can this be? Given the nature of his powers surely he'd get drunk like everyone else but would not suffer from the long term alcohol-associated damage to his liver (and other parts of his body). Does his mutant ability speed up his metabolism and affect the rate at which Old Jimmy breaks down any alcohol in his blood stream?

So.... can The Wolverine get drunk? If not, why can't he? Was alcohol the reason for Wolverine's loss of memory for all those years?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

I'm going to say its just harder. One of my favorite issues Uncanny X-Men Annual #11, Wolverine is pretty pissed right at the beginning of the issue. He makes a pretty hilarious scene too, and wakes up the X-Men with his off key singing. Then he decapitates a beer with his claw, and guzzles it all down. Though on the plus side, we did get some pretty gratuitous cheesecake shots of Ali and Ororo in nighties, and some prime beefcake shots of Longshots in some Y-Fronts. Ah, the 80's, where over sexualized comic characters looked like comic characters and not Maxim cover girls with dead lifeless eyes and bright shining evil teeth grins.  

I'll scan in drunk Wolverine tomorrow if you wish! 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By castleking

i had some old scans showing Logan drunk, passed out and sometimes just buzzing. He really shouldnt be able to get drunk but he does which is odd since one of Cap's claims is he  cant get drunk and Logan's healing Factor should make it even more true for him.

Logan has actually downed hard liquor just to get a mild buzz and temp drunk but he sobers up to quickly. On his Birthday Wolverine spend it in a bar with Spidey and was shown with slur speech and bubbles around his head to show he was drunk. During the story he would sober up from panel to panel and showing him constantly trying to catch a buzz while having a conversation with Petey..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@SC said:

"I'm going to say its just harder. One of my favorite issues Uncanny X-Men Annual #11, Wolverine is pretty pissed right at the beginning of the issue. He makes a pretty hilarious scene too, and wakes up the X-Men with his off key singing. Then he decapitates a beer with his claw, and guzzles it all down. Though on the plus side, we did get some pretty gratuitous cheesecake shots of Ali and Ororo in nighties, and some prime beefcake shots of Longshots in some Y-Fronts. Ah, the 80's, where over sexualized comic characters looked like comic characters and not Maxim cover girls with dead lifeless eyes and bright shining evil teeth grins.   I'll scan in drunk Wolverine tomorrow if you wish!  "

LOL. that;s awesome

And to answer the thread, yes he can get drunk. 
     If tranqs work on him he can get drunk.

Im not sure if he is drunk. but i love the picture
    Im not sure if he is drunk. but i love the picture
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By castleking

strollin home for a good time

No Caption Provided
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By The WeatherMan

He can, but he needs much more alcohol to get the buzz going than me and you because of his healing factor. I think he doesn't really get hangovers either, does he?

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By castleking
    FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By FunnyStuff707

He drinks a lot, gets drunk quickly, then burns it off in a couple seconds to minutes and ends up hungover. I base that off  Wolverine #900, my only issue seriously featuring him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.