Can Wolverine Drown?

#1 Posted by cmyers1980 (247 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a huge amount on Wolverine and what he can do and what he has done. Would his healing factor heal his lungs constantly or would he eventually die since he has no oxygen and his healing factor can't create oxygen? I'd go with the first one. Please state specific examples of when this happened and what your opinion is.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio

He would become brain dead due to a lack of oxygen. That might actually kill him; if one can damage Wolverine in the brain directly, it could kill him. At the very, very least, he'd go unconscious and would not wake up until removed from the water.

#3 Posted by daak1212 (7840 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

@JediXMan said:

He would become brain dead due to a lack of oxygen. That might actually kill him; if one can damage Wolverine in the brain directly, it could kill him. At the very, very least, he'd go unconscious and would not wake up until removed from the water.

He talked about this in weapon X by jason aaron. He said it can kill him and it's demeaning.

#4 Posted by Strider92 (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he can. I think Sabretooth came close to killing him via drowning at one point.

#5 Posted by daak1212 (7840 posts) - - Show Bio

In retrospect, he killed Daken using this in UXF. So yes, not only has Wolverine said it can kill him but he killed Daken in the form as well.

#6 Posted by Zella (65 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been stated that it does, and Daken was killed by it, since it can directly lead to brain damage which depending on what area of the brain is affected could easily kill him.

Slightly off topic but this made me wonder if Deadpool could die from drowning as well, seeing as his healing factor seems to be stronger. I'd assume that Hulk turning his head into mush and then Deadpool healing from it shows that even extensive brain damage can't kill him.

#7 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmyers1980: in the early issuse of ultimate x-men sabretooth tried drowning wolverine during a fight and stating that his brain needs oxygen to heal/live

#8 Posted by daak1212 (7840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zella said:

It's been stated that it does, and Daken was killed by it, since it can directly lead to brain damage which depending on what area of the brain is affected could easily kill him.

Slightly off topic but this made me wonder if Deadpool could die from drowning as well, seeing as his healing factor seems to be stronger. I'd assume that Hulk turning his head into mush and then Deadpool healing from it shows that even extensive brain damage can't kill him.

As of now yes, as Deadpool no longer has the healing factor

#9 Posted by Zella (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

@Zella said:

It's been stated that it does, and Daken was killed by it, since it can directly lead to brain damage which depending on what area of the brain is affected could easily kill him.

Slightly off topic but this made me wonder if Deadpool could die from drowning as well, seeing as his healing factor seems to be stronger. I'd assume that Hulk turning his head into mush and then Deadpool healing from it shows that even extensive brain damage can't kill him.

As of now yes, as Deadpool no longer has the healing factor

He's actually seemed to have magically got it back in Marvel Now!. Though yeah I guess you're right if you are talking Deadpool from UXF or his previous series.

#10 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mean to rain on your parade but....this thread should be in the "Wolverine Forums". 

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (13670 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently he cane because in one of the last issues of UXF Daken was going to drown him and said that that was the only way you can kill him.

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he can.

#13 Posted by The_jackolantern (438 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool got he's healing back at the end of his last Daniel way issue(63 I think)! It's just that uxf deadpool isn't up to date again yet

#14 Edited by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and no. Wolverine has literally had his throat ripped out and was thrown in a lake or something and came back later. What he fears about drowning is he will die from it, but his HF will bring him back and trap him in this cycle or limbo of sorts.

I figure Daken will come back. Logan killed him but without taking his head, it will most likely be only a temporary death.

Moderator
#15 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

in Weapon X adamantium men he stated he is scared of the drowning because it could kill him, and he killed Daken that way so yes but I agree with that it is a sort of Limbo because of the healing factor, so if he were removed from the water and the water removed from his lungs I am pretty sure he, Daken and the likes of them would revive.

#16 Posted by tomlikesfries (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken claims that that is the only way to kill Logan in Uncanny X-Force #33

#17 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so a Puny Villain like Hydroman could beat Wolverine

#18 Posted by cmyers1980 (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would just burst out of Hydro Man

#19 Posted by Strider92 (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zella said:

It's been stated that it does, and Daken was killed by it, since it can directly lead to brain damage which depending on what area of the brain is affected could easily kill him.

Slightly off topic but this made me wonder if Deadpool could die from drowning as well, seeing as his healing factor seems to be stronger. I'd assume that Hulk turning his head into mush and then Deadpool healing from it shows that even extensive brain damage can't kill him.

Deadpool has a healing factor but he is also cursed with life. Deadpool is incapable of dying thats the difference between him and Logan. Thanos has made Deadpool completely immortal so unless he takes it away or Death herself kills him there is no sure way of putting Deadpool down as he will just come back to life. So no Deadpool cannot be killed by drowning or indeed any other conventional earthly means.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.