Can Wolverine cut Superman's skin ?

#1 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

apparently on hero chat people think he can just wanted to to see what you think, someone said adamantium is tougher than sups skin so...i want to know what you guy's think

#2 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

Adamantium can cut Superman's skin as long as there is sufficient force behind it. Wolverine can't possibly deliver that kind of force. So no, Wolverine on his own can't cut Superman.

#3 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
" Adamantium can cut Superman's skin as long as there is sufficient force behind it. Wolverine can't possibly deliver that kind of force. So no, Wolverine on his own can't cut Superman. "
ok thanks
#4 Posted by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

It can, but yeah. he would probably need help.

Maybe the fastball special could deliver the needed force.  Its hard to say.

#5 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

His hands would need to be traveling at a few thousand miles per hour to do it

#6 Posted by scottfree (13 posts) - - Show Bio

lets cheat a little bit....coat his claws with kryptonite....all things being equal superman does have his weaknesses....and since we don't know how fast his claws pop out we can assume that if he pressed his fist against superman and then popped them they might have enough speed to penetrate but he would have to retract them each time he wanted to make another strike....so it would become a boxing match...

#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@scottfree said:
" lets cheat a little bit....coat his claws with kryptonite....all things being equal superman does have his weaknesses....and since we don't know how fast his claws pop out we can assume that if he pressed his fist against superman and then popped them they might have enough speed to penetrate but he would have to retract them each time he wanted to make another strike....so it would become a boxing match... "
If he did that, the claws would not have the added weight of his arm, and would have even less force.
#8 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Serpent said:
"It can, but yeah. he would probably need help.  Maybe the fastball special could deliver the needed force.  Its hard to say. "
If the fastball special was being delivered by a hit from Mjolnir, then yeah, probably.

You'd probably need strength equal to that of a Kryptonian to be able to cut through his skin.
#9 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he lacks the force to do it :)
#10 Posted by KillerZ (1599 posts) - - Show Bio
@Statman: As adamantium is described as a metal that can cut through everything.
#11 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Doomsday could make Superman bleed, without kryptonite.

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by loveNwar (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Could adamantium ripp through Kiit or Karr's molecular formula?

#14 Posted by dp (37 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine can rip supeses skin he just needs the right ammount of force that he doesnt have
#15 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe a Daxamite (Lar Gand or Sodam Yat) weilding a Adamanitum weapon.... wait, does adamantium have a lead base?
#16 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
"maybe a Daxamite (Lar Gand or Sodam Yat) weilding a Adamanitum weapon.... wait, does adamantium have a lead base? "

nope its made of different metals
#17 Edited by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Think i found something
#18 Posted by voidroid (9 posts) - - Show Bio

That's interesting.  Do you think Supes would be capable of breaking adamantium?  If so, I'm sure his skin wouldn't just break Wolverine's claws at a regular velocity, but maybe if Wolverine was going super fast and still wasn't able to penetrate Supe's skin, it would snap the claws?  The Marvel U describes adamantium as being ALMOST indestructible in solid form.

#19 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see if i can get scans I dont want to scan my own books But in marvel team up #18 Hulk bent adamantium to encase Blastarr in it as a prison and then in Inhumans issue #1 A highley advances Kree laser destroyed the adamantium to rubble
#20 Posted by voidroid (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Mentions it on Blastaar's wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blastaar#Fictional_character_biography

#21 Posted by Mr.AllAboutWolverine (104 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTS said:
"

Think i found something "
I don't like Superman comics but my theory for this situation is: 
-Superman is organic so he could resist the power of ray by his will
-Adamantium is not organic so laser could cut it at molecular level

And I think adamantium could cut Superman but only with high speed , by suprise and without sunlight..
I belive Superman "indestructible" power depends ,in some point, on his will. It is complicated and I'm not shure about it.  
#22 Posted by Handcannon (544 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.AllAboutWolverine: that is probably 'secondary' adamantium
#23 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTS said:
"

Think i found something "
preeeetty sure adamantium doesn't exist in the DC world, weird comic. Writer must have a grudge against Marvel. By the way, you guys lack the imagination with Wolverine's need to "force." Just get Magneto, duh. He can just keep throwing Wolverine at him with claws out like a human missle. In and out and in and out and in and out and...you get the jist
#24 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

If that happened supes would just dodge him, or throw him back at magneto

#25 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by Mr.AllAboutWolverine (104 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"
"
In what issue this situation happened??
#27 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would need to throw Wolverine to cut super-man's skin

#28 Posted by Mr.AllAboutWolverine (104 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:

"

"

Seriously.

I need to know where those two met.

#29 Posted by TheHeat (450 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.AllAboutWolverine said:
@castleking said:

"

"

Seriously.

I need to know where those two met.

It was the Reigning issues. Vol 2 of The Mighty Thor. I forget the exact issue though.
#30 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine can cut Thor,he can cut Superman as well.

#31 Posted by MN (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine can cut it but superman will just heal

#32 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

You all are acting like superman has never been cut before lol. Adamantium isn't just strong but it's also that sharp. Wolverine isn't strong enough to cut through half of the things he does without it being extremely sharp. If you've ever used a real katana you'd see that it take almost no effort at all to cut through thick materials due to the edge and sharpness, same thing here.

#33 Posted by Freakologist (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@the Vica said:

@Serpent said:
"It can, but yeah. he would probably need help. Maybe the fastball special could deliver the needed force. Its hard to say. "
If the fastball special was being delivered by a hit from Mjolnir, then yeah, probably. You'd probably need strength equal to that of a Kryptonian to be able to cut through his skin.

This

#34 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:

HAHA I love this guy's Videos.
#35 Posted by 2012 (12 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by leonkarlen123 (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine doesn't have the strength for it but if he was Hulk with Adamantium claws he could easily pierce it.

The best Wolverine could do is a few very small scratches

#37 Posted by Mr_Winchester (702 posts) - - Show Bio

I think wolverine can cut Superman's skin on his own with a well delivered powerful slash. We are talking about cutting him not stabbing him, and it doesn't have to be a gash, the cut could be surface level as well, that's a pretty shallow cut, don't see why Logan can't do that with a metal denser than Supermans skin.

#38 Posted by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Could adamantium cut Superman's skin? With sufficient enough force behind it, yes it certainly can since we know he can bleed from sheer force alone. Could Wolverine cut his skin? No, he wouldn't be able to. Let's just assume that Wolverine does get tossed by, say, Magneto at a really high velocity. The impact would more likely forcefully push the claws back into Logan's arm before it could actually breach Superman's skin.

#39 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

if we are going by the logic that Thor is equal to or pretty close to Supes durability than yes Wolvie can cut him since he did cut/stab Thor

#40 Posted by Jayc1324 (9581 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes 100%

#41 Posted by Bezza (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't he cut Superman? He cuts the Hulk. He's also cut up the Thing who has tough skin.

Not saying he would rip Superman to shreds of anything, but cut him, yes.

#42 Posted by XLR87T3 (2319 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.