Are Wolverine's teeth Adamantium?

• 53 results
#1 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Just asking... Cause I always see them white... not in grey silvery metal colour.

#2 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a very good question but I don't think they are.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm... doubt it. But maybe..?

#4 Edited by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

That would certainly cut appointments to the dentist, though to quote ironshadow that is a good question.

#5 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to my knowledge. Would serve no purpose other than to cut down on his dental bill     
#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

So Logan's bones are all coated except the teeth? Hehe! No biggie but definitely funny....

#7 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought all of his bones were coated in admantium. That would include teeth, wouldn't it?
#8 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@The WeatherMan said:
" I thought all of his bones were coated in admantium. That would include teeth, wouldn't it? "
By that logic his hair and fingernails would be too.
#9 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess it's just his skeletal system. Fingernails and skin belong to the integumenary system.
#10 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I thought of this a couple of days ago.  Teeth is bone and it should be the same as the rest of the bones.

#11 Posted by Jake Fury (18393 posts) - - Show Bio

Teeth are not bone.  

"Teeth (singular tooth) are small, calcified, whitish structures found in the jaws (or mouths) of many vertebrates that are used to break down food. Some animals, particularly carnivores, also use teeth for hunting or for defensive purposes. The roots of teeth are covered by gums. Teeth are not made of bone, but rather of multiple tissues of varying density and hardness. "
#12 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Logically it should be...but writers and artists chose not to...teeth are the only bones that can be easy dislodged..like in the old western movies where the bandits say "...and will take that golden tooth..." Knife flashing, panel darkness, screaming....
Perhaps somebody robbed Wolvie's or he lost them in a fight...XD
At least one version of Sabertooth had Adamantium teeth....

#13 Posted by Jake Fury (18393 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark:
yeah, Ultimate Sabretooth had an adamantium grill. haha
#14 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"
Teeth are not bone.  

"Teeth (singular tooth) are small, calcified, whitish structures found in the jaws (or mouths) of many vertebrates that are used to break down food. Some animals, particularly carnivores, also use teeth for hunting or for defensive purposes. The roots of teeth are covered by gums. Teeth are not made of bone, but rather of multiple tissues of varying density and hardness. " "
Thank you! thats what I was going to say. Teeth arent bones. And no Logans teeth arent adamantium.
#15 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

So teeth, claws, and hair are not bones....in the stricter sense...they do not have a marrow in any case...

#16 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSheepHerder said:
" That would certainly cut appointments to the dentist, though to quote ironshadow that is a good question. "
His heeling factor would do that wouldn't it? haha
#17 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I've ever seen Wolverine with adamantium teeth, but when you see his skeleton (this was back in the 90s) everything was adamantium from the top of his head to the tips of his toes, including his teeth.

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe William Stryker put a bit more effort and had his adamantium teeth coated with white enamel... Hehehehe!

#19 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

As some others have pointed out, teeth are not bone.  That's why they don't have marrow inside of them.

#20 Edited by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:

" @The WeatherMan said:

" I thought all of his bones were coated in admantium. That would include teeth, wouldn't it? "
By that logic his hair and fingernails would be too. "
Then if it was, he would probably need more than just a nailcutter. Wow, if his hair was adamantium then he would need more than an electric shaver and scissors. :D
#21 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio

That's actually a really interesting question. I figured though that with his healing factor, if they ever got damaged, they would simple heal. So I guess there wasn't a point in covering them as they did his bones, plus he would look like one of those thugs you see on the sidewalks at 3am, with them showin' off th bling in their teeth :P

#22 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSheepHerder:  If he had adamantium nails and hair, they wouldn't grow.
#23 Posted by Jewlz_Verne (73 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
" Just asking... Cause I always see them white... not in grey silvery metal colour. "
HAHA! real good question, and it would be good if they were. imagine him biting people and biting through things. 

Also he would be the first superhero with "grills"
#24 Posted by Jewlz_Verne (73 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"
Teeth are not bone.  

"Teeth (singular tooth) are small, calcified, whitish structures found in the jaws (or mouths) of many vertebrates that are used to break down food. Some animals, particularly carnivores, also use teeth for hunting or for defensive purposes. The roots of teeth are covered by gums. Teeth are not made of bone, but rather of multiple tissues of varying density and hardness. " "
While teeth are not bone I think they are included in the skeletal system. and i think the typically say he has an adamantium coated skeleton which should mean his teeth are also coated. but then you could start saying his ligaments and cartilage should be made out of adamantium as well since I think they are skeletal system as well and with that he wouldn't be able to walk.  
#25 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Jaws. 

Maybe Wolverine will become the next shark in the ocean. LOL. 

#26 Posted by ddtaxe (1 posts) - - Show Bio

They are nod covered of adamantium for sure. Although a bit strange, the teeth are normal bone. The process of bonding adamantium to his bones did not make nothing to his teeth. 
By the other hand, the Ultimate Sabretooth has adamatium teeth. I'm sure about that. 
Best regards! 
Vinny!

#27 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio
@ddtaxe said:

" They are nod covered of adamantium for sure. Although a bit strange, the teeth are normal bone. The process of bonding adamantium to his bones did not make nothing to his teeth. By the other hand, the Ultimate Sabretooth has adamatium teeth. I'm sure about that. Best regards! Vinny! "

They aren't bones because they don't contain marrow and therefore don't create blood cells. 
#28 Edited by emptytomb (398 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverines skeletal adamantium bone remains after he died in days of the future past has adamantium teeth. I'm sure in almost any issue his bone remains have adamantium.

#29 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio
@emptytomb: Was that 616?
#30 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubtful.....=]

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

His penis is...

#32 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" His penis is... "
LOL. Wow. 

Silver Fox must not like him anymore. 
#33 Edited by rlmay3 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Would his teeth heal though if damaged?? He has a superhuman healing factor, meaning amplified healing compared to normal humans. Last I checked, people getting teeth knocked out or chipped don't really see them growing back. With getting smacked around, the dude HAS to have gotten a chipped tooth or something. 

I bet he has adamantium dentures with white veneer, haha.

#34 Edited by DeadlyWolverine (224 posts) - - Show Bio
@emptytomb: Yep, if you guys watched the Days of the Future Past saga with Bishop and Forge. 

You can see Wolverine's full adamantium skeleton here including the teeth at 8:51-8:53                 :'( 

#35 Posted by The Hooded Hero (960 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury:
Thats an interesting fact. 

All though I wish my teeth were adamatium. Would be biting the fuck out of everything. O whats for dinner honey. The car sweet! Probley wouldn't go down to smooth but guess what who else could say that they took a bite out of a car.
#36 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Hooded Hero said:
" @Jake Fury: Thats an interesting fact.  All though I wish my teeth were adamatium. Would be biting the fuck out of everything. O whats for dinner honey. The car sweet! Probley wouldn't go down to smooth but guess what who else could say that they took a bite out of a car. "
LOL. I would feel bad for the dental hygienists. Make sure that you don't bit your own tongue though.  = D
#37 Posted by Zella (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are whenever his skeleton is shown, like during Civil War and he was burned down to the skeleton by Nitro, but whenever he is in a normal state they seem to not be admantium. It would look pretty weird if he normally walked around with a shining mouth.

#38 Posted by super papercut (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the roots are? 

...or maybe in addition to his healing factor and claws, another mutation he has is is unlimited rows of teeth like a shark.

#39 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio
@super papercut said:
" Maybe the roots are?  ...or maybe in addition to his healing factor and claws, another mutation he has is is unlimited rows of teeth like a shark. "
lol
#40 Posted by Dark Noldor (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I´ve never seen anyone breaking Logan's teeth in a brawl,
so I´ve got to admitt that Wolverine has adamantium in his teeth too
(since they´re bone)

#41 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been established that his teeth are not coated in adamantium since teeth are not bones.  

But what about those three super-tiny bones in the inner ear (malleus, incus, and stapes). They are bones, so they are part of the skeletal system. But wouldn't it severly distort Wolverine's hearing if the bones in his inner ear are coated in adamantium?
#42 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio

Some things just can't be coated in Adamantium.  For instance, his joints.  Otherwise he couldn't move. LOL

#43 Posted by The Impersonator (5371 posts) - - Show Bio

No, bub. It sure ain't adamantium.

#44 Posted by MadPseudoscientist (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Calcium is silver and metal like.  Teeth is white because it is mostly hydroxylapatite mineral containing calcium, not calcium itself.  Hydroxylapatite's chemical formula is " Ca 10 (PO ) 6 (OH)2". Adamantium teeth is "Adm10(PO4)6(OH)2".

#45 Posted by Outside_85 (8687 posts) - - Show Bio

They may be white on the surface but still be adamantium underneath, like his regenerative abilities keeps up the outer layers even though there's nothing to protect under them.  
Anyone ever seen him get a tooth knocked out of his mouth?

#46 Posted by MadPseudoscientist (27 posts) - - Show Bio

"Adm10(PO4)6(OH)2" could be that the Adamantium metal replaces the Calcium metal in his teeth. Then it would be hydroxyladalite (which is also white) instead of the weaker hydroxylapatite (which is white). It just doesn't look any different visually. Wolverine never had a tooth knocked out of his mouth.

#47 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

They will be if a writer decides he needs something new.

#48 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

having adamantium teeth wouldn't really keep them from being knocked out anyway...

#49 Edited by God_Spawn (37698 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he grows them back like a shark? Kidding, idk I doubt they are.

Moderator Online
#50 Posted by Sempurna (62 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
It's been established that his teeth are not coated in adamantium since teeth are not bones.   But what about those three super-tiny bones in the inner ear (malleus, incus, and stapes). They are bones, so they are part of the skeletal system. But wouldn't it severly distort Wolverine's hearing if the bones in his inner ear are coated in adamantium?
His teeth should be part of his skeleton though, right? Have you ever seen a toothless skeleton?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.