Are they removing the Adamantium feature from Wolverine?

#1 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

There are of course several stories ongoing with Wolverine. In the Age of X, they have rendered his healing factor inert. In Uncanny 531 they gave him a viral flu that is wreaking havoc on his system and causing him to undergo Adamantium poisoning. In Wolverine 6, there is a fight the x-men arc that will involve magneto  possibly ripping out some adamantium. The writer also mentioned that the overthrow of Satan in hell may eventually return many enemies and friends.(I liked Sabretooth). These different but parallel stories lead me to believe that the writing team will either remove his adamantium completely or wolverine will have lesser levels in his body. Keeping Adamantium in his Skull, Vertebrae, and arms. I'm feeling like it was better to write stories where he's not an unstoppable killing machine, but an unstoppable healing machine. It would make his enemies less nerfy feeling, and allow more villains to be created. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.