Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Advice

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Ok so I was think about reading up on the Wolverine family and was was wondering if Wolverine Origins, X-23 and Dark Wolverine where any good? to be honest I dont know that much about ether Daken or X-23 but Logen kind of piss's me off so I'v decided to read some of his stuff to see if it changes my mind.  

Battlepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Battlepig

Heh, other than X-23's book, I'd advise against reading the other two titles when trying to "get into" Wolverine. Not because they're particularly bad or anything, but because it's building on lots of stuff that happened a bit all over the place. I would, however, recommend getting Greg Rucka's run on Wolverine as it's about Wolverine in his latest - for lack of a better word - incarnation and not his surroundings. I particuarly recommend the Coyote Crossing arc.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Battlepig: Well the reason I wanted to read books all over the place is because I wanted to find out more about X-23 and Daken, I actually think I will like Daken more than Logen 
    Battlepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4  Edited By Battlepig

@spiderbat87

In that case, you should go with 2005's X-23 volume. It basically reboots the character of Laura. Also, the first volume of NYX has her in it as well. And then there's the follow-up X-23 volume. I have no ide about Dake, though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Battlepig said:

@spiderbat87

In that case, you should go with 2005's X-23 volume. It basically reboots the character of Laura. Also, the first volume of NYX has her in it as well. And then there's the follow-up X-23 volume. I have no ide about Dake, though.

Thanks, I'v never heard of NYX but it looks pretty good
    perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By perry_411

I'd switch to uncanny X-force, it's been quite good for over a year.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.