Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

A New WOLVERINE by Neal Adams

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

The last I heard of him...
     The last I heard of him...

Make a wish and, sometimes, it just floats up into the stratosphere and comes back down in solid form. A week or two ago, I was commentating about the Man-Bat figure designed by comics legend Neal Adams and wished we could see more work from the man today. Two weeks and some change later, and we get the news from Bleeding Cool that Adams will be drawing a WOLVERINE story for Marvel.

There's a good chance his Logan will look like this.
     There's a good chance his Logan will look like this.

I hadn’t been keeping tabs on what Adams had been doing aside from the occasional variant cover, but apparently he’s done some shorts in YOUNG AVENGERS and GIANT-SIZE X-MEN recently. And it seems that he’s still working that BATMAN: ODYSSEY maxi-series - - though it’s been so long since the announcement of that project that I was wondering if it hadn’t been canceled. As Rich Johnston points out, this will be the first series he’s worked on for Marvel since his run on X-Men in the 60s. Details are, obviously, scarce at this point, but color me very intrigued.  

Adams’ skill and contribution to the industry can never be understated. I remember the first time I saw some of art from his X-MEN run and double-taking upon realizing what the street date was. After I recently got to see the pure inks of his work in theESSENTIAL KILLRAVEN, I was floored by the guy’s line work. Even at close to 30 years old, it can still be put contemporary pencilers' art to shame.    

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Chane

Can only be good news.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AngelFrost

Wooo (:
    Logan actually looks hot in the picture. Can't wait. :3

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Wow, Wolverine is now,more bad-ass then he was (If he ever was).Great work from Neal,I haven't heard that name in a LONG time as well ^_^. I still want  to see Logan beat the snot (and seance) out of his Boy.Oh the "Father/Son" relationship.

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marshal Victory
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Adams is one of the corner stones of comic  illustrators that shaped comics. As well as helped the creators of superman get a pension    from dc.Some of his work from Contiunity was awsome I liked them back in the day expecialy Armor .
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Yung ANcient One

cant wait to see... NEW WOLVIE

Bats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Bats

Definitely a gruff 'n ruff version of Wolvie.
    Cool...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

I like it.  Wolvie looks taller than normal, but since the movies I'm sure the Earth-616 version has grown too :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.