Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Wolverine Weapon X #12
    Wolverine Weapon X #12
    Sometimes it's hard to pick up a Wolverine book. The character has seemingly been over saturating the Marvel market for years, and yet a few of his stories are the best Marvel has ever put out. Wolverine: Weapon X is an off-shoot of the current Wolverine on-going series, which his son Daken took over last year, and this book is a little more adult and violent than normal.

The Good

First thing is first, I'd like to say that the first page in every Marvel book explaining everything that is going on in the story is wonderful. It's little things like this that bring some people up to speed, like myself, who may jump into reading a book during the middle of a storyline. After reading this, you understand what is going on and are ready to read on. Deathlok is a character I've never really understood, but in this book, he's depicted as more of a terminator figure, with many other Deathloks clones having the same mission. It's a familiar concept that I felt comfortable with, even if it has been done before. The action in this book is great, and it does not pull punches. It get incredibly violent, but there is a reason for it all. It's not just there for the cool factor.

The Bad

I got a little confused when they were jumping through two different time-lines. I'm sure this problem would have been easily averted had I read the first issue, and as much as I love the familiar Terminator-like atmosphere, I was a little annoyed it didn't stray too far from it. This story was something I was very happy with, but at the same time I felt I had seen it too much. I was confused with who a few characters were and how they played into the story. I made assumptions by the end of the issue of who they were and seemed to get it right, but again, I didn't read the first issue of the storyline. There is little that I didn't like about this comic other than that though.

The Verdict

I may not fully understand who some of the characters are or what exactly is fully going on, but this book was a lot of fun, like watching a summer blockbuster with a full bag of popcorn. Yes, Wolverine is everywhere. Yes, we all get sick of him, but although we've seen this type of story before, you can't deny the book because it's flat-out good and a great read. I went into it thinking it would be sub-par at best, but I quickly realized this was one of the more entertaining books I read this week.

4/5

Alphaproto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alphaproto

The first sentence in the review said all that was needed to be said about Wolverine right now.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love this series. if you havent you should check out the Dr.Rot arc that came before this.
    (make sure your stomach is up to Silence Of The Lambs level stuff). 

ill leave it at that as ive learned only to discuss reading anything with Wolverine, Daken,
    Skaar, and Red Hulk in Pm sessions as their seem to be consummate and sometimes psychotic
    haters of those characters.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By zombietag

i totally agree. wolverine is everywhere but this series is really tight. and i like how you dont have to be reading anything else to know whats going on. i hope it stays that way and this book neve ties into necrosha or anything like that. 

"  It get incredibly violent, but there is a reason for it all. It's not just there for the cool factor. " 

that hits the nail on the head as well. love it.

hungup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hungup
    @zombietag said:
    " i totally agree. wolverine is everywhere but this series is really tight. and i like how you dont have to be reading anything else to know whats going on. i hope it stays that way and this book neve ties into necrosha or anything like that.  "  It get incredibly violent, but there is a reason for it all. It's not just there for the cool factor. "  that hits the nail on the head as well. love it. "
    what he said :)
    Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dro

Excellent series. As long as you like a good action story and can stomach Wolverine really doing what he does best, you'll enjoy it. I haven't read this issue, but I'd expect the same quality as has been there throughout.

Pando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Pando

A good issue heaps of action  and I quite like the artwork. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.