Wolvie & the X-Men, any good?

#1 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Jumped on a sweet deal on eBay for the whole set of the new volume, all 23 issues for about 60% of the cover price. It was too good to pass up, even if I just end up reselling them, so I'm curious what the general thoughts are on the series. Any good?

#2 Edited by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO it started out good but as time went on it just got worse. This last arc is just plain bad but at least it ended. I'm also tired of the Kidfire Club.

#3 Posted by fesak (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like a big turd with some golden nuggets in it.

#4 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3858 posts) - - Show Bio

Good until issue 15

#5 Posted by SoA (4844 posts) - - Show Bio

im liking it ,good find!

#6 Posted by Mutated_jedi (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Its my personal favorite out of current x men titles (except for deadpool)

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

It started off reasonably well, but the general silliness, focus on annoying characters (Oya, Broo), mischaracterisation of established characters and the inclusion of the ridiculous Kilgore gang ruin it for me.

#8 Posted by Xwraith (18676 posts) - - Show Bio

The first two arcs were okay, but after that... just no.

#9 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a very polarizing series, most people tend to either love it or hate it with a passion.

IMO it is a joke but I hope you enjoy it.

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (15875 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson said:

Good until issue 15

and became very interesting again with issue #24

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.