djotaku's Wolverine & the X-Men #9 - Day of the Phoenix. Dark Night of the Soul review

Best Tie-In So Far

Of all the Avengers vs X-Men tie-ins I've read so far, this one seems to keep to its original character the best. It really does read like just another issue of Wolverine and the X-Men. I LOVE the humor that Jason Aaron injects into the book, even when it's a serious issue like this one. Eg What happens to Captain America when he arrives. Also, Aaron knows when to make it serious - Eg the moment with Idie. Finally, I think Aaron does a great job handling how Wolverine comes to his decision. The only bad thing - I'd already read New Avengers #24 and AvX #1 so I knew what his choice was going to be. This continues to be my favorite Marvel book and this is a great, great issue.

Other reviews for Wolverine & the X-Men #9 - Day of the Phoenix. Dark Night of the Soul

OMG The Phoenix is Coming! 0

At least issue #9 had some depth and elaborated on why Wolverine chose to side with the Avengers. I was glad it wasn't just some pointless tie-in (see Avengers #25). I like Warbird, but she has the "disposable character" tag all over her, just like Deathcry and Lifeguard.Please check my mini-review of this issue here:http://bit.ly/I1mSVtComments and feedback are always welcome!...

Toad woos a lady 0

One of my bigger fears about AvX was how it would inevitably affect the tie-in titles. Fortunately, most of the books I'm reading at the moment seem to be keeping themselves separate from the battle, with the notable Exception of Wolverine and The X-Men, which has been one of my favorites from the company, and considering Logan and Beasts unique position as members of both the X-men and the Avengers, it's pretty clear why I was more than a little hesitant about this new story arc. Thankfully, th...