inferiorego's Wolverine #6 - Wolverine vs The X-Men, part 1 review

• inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Review: Wolverine #6

How do you kill the unkillable? The X-Men, while working with Magneto, try and find a way to stop the demon infested body of Wolverine. Artist Daniel Acuna steps in as the artist in this run of Wolverine.

The Good

I love how it is a new storyline, but there's still a few leftovers from the last arc. Not everything is wrapped up in a little neat package for once. I love the idea of this team planning a way to kill Wolverine and having to actually put it into action. Overall, it a cool issue, and you'll like it if you liked the Wolverine goes to Hell storyline.

The Bad

Although I love Acuna's artwork, I had a couple of problems with it here. First, I don't think the art fit the tone of the book. It came off as a little comical. His art works well with more light-hearted books, like The Flash, but here it seemed a bit out of place. Secondly, the more the book went on, the more I noticed more and more white negative space. It became incredibly distracting. I have a feeling this storyline will turn out to be very good, but this issue feels like it's missing something. I can't put my finger on it.

The Verdict 3.5/5 - Recommended

Ok Jump-on Point

A solid start to a new story, and a good carry-over from the last story arc; however, even though I love Acuna's work, it just doesn't work for me in this issue. It's still a pretty solid story, and the art is very pretty, but they don't seem to mess together very well. This is not a great jumping-on point simply because this story carries over from the last one, but don't let that get you down. Wolverine Goes to Hell was a solid book.
Posted by Mercy_

Not a fan of Acuna at all, but I will more than likely be picking up this issue.

Moderator
Posted by FoxxFireArt

Am I the only one that thinks Namor looks as if he's puckering up on that cover?

This art just doesn't look like my taste.

I saw that the next issue is going to be #1000. Really. who's bright idea was that? Don't they know the hell they put some people through who try and catalog these comics. Did they really need to start the numbers over again. They should take pride in long runs. Not try and make superficial changes.