krakoa's Wolverine #1 - Wolverine Goes To Hell Part 1; Last Stand of the Silver Samurai Chapter One: Scorched Earth review

• krakoa wrote this review on .
  • krakoa has written a total of 204 reviews. The last one was for

Logan Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

I looked at this issue with nothing, but disdain when it was announced. How could you not? Another Wolverine book? I like the character I really do, but he's been a bit overexposed lately even by Wolverine standards, as he seems to fight on every major Marvel team. Additionally, I was getting a bad horror movie vibe from the solicitations (and not the so bad it's good). On the other hand, I knew this wasn't going to be terrible either because you have Jason Aaron writing who has done amazing things with everyone's favorite adamantium encrusted berserker. The writing here is introspective and a bit wordy, bordering on the verge of Claremont circa the end of his monumental run on X-men. Aaron is not verbose for the sake of it, he's a great storyteller and he has an excellent grasp on the character of Wolverine who has frankly undergone more changes than I'd care to think about. What was originally a superhero of mystery has turned into a melodramatic soap opera, so I am hoping that this along with the good direction the X-books are going in signals some sort of simplification process for the character.

Other reviews for Wolverine #1 - Wolverine Goes To Hell Part 1; Last Stand of the Silver Samurai Chapter One: Scorched Earth