What will she be doing now

#1 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

With the latest X-Force promo, there doesn't appear any Wolfsbane looking figures. Will she be leaving the team, considering she has been such a great team member so far. Should she join her fellow New Mutants? Or should she stay on the sides because  

of the baby, not really sure if this is still considered a spoiler or not.

We seen her much more powerful at the end of Necrosha, and it seems that putting her on the X-shelf of side characters would be a mistake. I understand her safety could be at risk, but she is super powered right now, shouldn't they use that?
#2 Posted by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: 

They might, considering she's got some more power now.

Unfortunately, there's a possibility that she will die.

PS: I'm going to assume you meant to put this in the Wolfsbane board?
#3 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:
i thought i did, but than it was here for some reason
#4 Posted by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" @JediXMan: i thought i did, but than it was here for some reason "
Don't worry about it. There's a glitch going around. A thread I posted in the Parallax board ended up here.
#5 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:
So anyway, you think she is going to new mutants or be background?
#6 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

i want her off X-Force personally. unless they plan on using her sometime soon as a serious member, and not just either a captured
victim or an odd side story. really i'd like to see her back on X-Factor since i thought they took better care of her character there, and work
Hepzibah into X-Force.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like for her to have time off. The youngest New Mutant is soon to be a mother. X-Men/Mutants/everything else should be low priority. Not to mention her body has gone through a change in carrying her alien baby.

#8 Edited by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

" i want her off X-Force personally. unless they plan on using her sometime soon as a serious member, and not just either a captured victim or an odd side story. really i'd like to see her back on X-Factor since i thought they took better care of her character there, and work Hepzibah into X-Force. "

She was never an actual member of X-Force. She was captured and brainwashed the first time. The rest of the time she was... well... there. She was just there.

I'd like to see Hepzibah back too (and I think Jame's does too - though he's not a member either....). Maybe darken her character a little to fit X-Force.

Where's she been, anyway? I haven't seen her since Messiah CompleX.

@jordama said:

" @JediXMan: So anyway, you think she is going to new mutants or be background? "

To be honest, I don't see her surviving Second Coming.
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @CATMANEXE said:

" i want her off X-Force personally. unless they plan on using her sometime soon as a serious member, and not just either a captured victim or an odd side story. really i'd like to see her back on X-Factor since i thought they took better care of her character there, and work Hepzibah into X-Force. "

She was never an actual member of X-Force. She was captured and brainwashed the first time. The rest of the time she was... well... there. She was just there.  I'd like to see Hepzibah back too (and I think Jame's does too - though he's not a member either....). Maybe darken her character a little to fit X-Force.  Where's she been, anyway? I haven't seen her since Messiah CompleX. "
Hepzibah is a resident of Utopia.
#10 Posted by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @CATMANEXE said:

She was never an actual member of X-Force. She was captured and brainwashed the first time. The rest of the time she was... well... there. She was just there.  I'd like to see Hepzibah back too (and I think Jame's does too - though he's not a member either....). Maybe darken her character a little to fit X-Force.  Where's she been, anyway? I haven't seen her since Messiah CompleX. "
Hepzibah is a resident of Utopia. "
I figured - I just didn't see her. She might have made a cameo, but I don't remember her say anything since before Messiah CompleX.
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@jordama said:

" @JediXMan: So anyway, you think she is going to new mutants or be background? "

To be honest, I don't see her surviving Second Coming. "
Why not? She gained a major boost in Strength and Durability with her pregnancy.
#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @pixelized said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @CATMANEXE said:

Hepzibah is a resident of Utopia. "
I figured - I just didn't see her. She might have made a cameo, but I don't remember her say anything since before Messiah CompleX. "
Yup, that's all it was.
#13 Posted by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @JediXMan said:
@jordama said:

Why not? She gained a major boost in Strength and Durability with her pregnancy. "
Because someone's going to die. And maybe it's because the "main death" is happening in X-Force, but I just get a feeling it'll be her. 

Of course there's a list of characters I could see dying. Nightcrawler, Emma Frost (wishful thinking), Wolfsbane, Colossus, Cyclops (again, wishful thinking)
#14 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: 
she surely was wearing X-Force togs, and was a full team member i the beginning, 
so i got to beg to differ with you there unless you we're being factious and not factual.
#15 Posted by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @JediXMan:  she surely was wearing X-Force togs, and was a full team member i the beginning,  so i got to beg to differ with you there unless you we're being factious and not factual. "
It just seemed like she was mostly on the sidelines. I don't remember her actually fighting along side X-Force. Was she involved in the Messiah War?
#16 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: 
not sure where your taking this. i already said she wasn't used properly. she was however an actual member of the team.
i'm answering your response to my statement earlier where you said she was never a member.
#17 Posted by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @JediXMan:  not sure where your taking this. i already said she wasn't used properly. she was however an actual member of the team. i'm answering your response to my statement earlier where you said she was never a member. "
I apologize. It was late, I was tired, and I wasn't thinking. In my head all that happened was that she was captured by the Purifiers, brainwashed, rescued, and then we see her with the Wolf Prince (whose name I forgot). I forgot that A. She was a member before X-Force really became official (in Messiah CompleX), B. That Cyclops wanted her on the roster (Wolverine didn't), and C. that she was involved in some missions after the first one.

Again, my apologizes.
#18 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"I'd like for her to have time off. The youngest New Mutant is soon to be a mother. X-Men/Mutants/everything else should be low priority. Not to mention her body has gone through a change in carrying her alien baby. "

But the baby has given her incredible powers and i really don't see her misscarriering a god.
#19 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: 
lol. no need to apologize for that friend. but it does help to further emphasis how little they used as they should even if she was
in the book. and i like the run of X-Force, dont get me wrong. just seems they couldnt handle her character right and she would be 
better off in the X-Factor book again where they at least made her relevant to the team.
#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah, it seems a couple of points need to be straightened out: 

Personally, I think it's better for any pregnant character to go into limbo (comic limbo where characters aren't seen for years, not Magik's dimension).  As much as I like Rahne, I don't want anything horrible to happen to her or the baby.  And quite frankly, horrible things usually do happen to babies in comics.  We don't want another baby Nathan Christopher on our hands :p
#21 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
if she was just pregnaunt with a normal mutant baby, i would completely agree, but the fact that she is incredibly strong, invulnerable, and has the enhanced sense close to a god, now makes me think she would be a valuable asset to any team.
#22 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

Have we ever seen a mutant/god hybrid?

#23 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope she goes back to NM it is where she belongs.

#24 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream:
Not a Mutant/God, but human/gods have happend i belive
#25 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"
With the latest X-Force promo, there doesn't appear any Wolfsbane looking figures. Will she be leaving the team, considering she has been such a great team member so far. Should she join her fellow New Mutants? Or should she stay on the sides because  

of the baby, not really sure if this is still considered a spoiler or not.
  We seen her much more powerful at the end of Necrosha, and it seems that putting her on the X-shelf of side characters would be a mistake. I understand her safety could be at risk, but she is super powered right now, shouldn't they use that? "

@xerox-kitty said:
"Woah, it seems a couple of points need to be straightened out: 

Elixir made her body stronger in order to bring it more in line with the baby's physical differences to her own mortal body.  Therefore she is considerable stronger (and hinted at bullet proof), and therefore highly unlikely to miscarry. 

She is off the team.  Wolverine announced that at the end of Necrosha.  Even Cyclops isn't heartless enough to send a pregnant werewolf into a fight... twice :p 

Wolfsbane isn't on the shortlist of candidates from Marvel's teaser poster.  So she wont be the one to die in the next issue of X-Force. 

Zeb Wells has continued to say that Wolfsbane wont be a regular character in his New Mutants series.  Although that may have been to prevent spoilers from the end of Necrosha, it may also be because he doesn't want to deal with the issue of a pregnant character while trying to weave stories for the others. 

She was an actual member of X-Force.  She may have gone AWOL for a lot of the time, but she was an official member of the team on at least 3 missions:  Messiah CompleX, the attack on the Purifiers & the end of Necrosha.
 Personally, I think it's better for any pregnant character to go into limbo (comic limbo where characters aren't seen for years, not Magik's dimension).  As much as I like Rahne, I don't want anything horrible to happen to her or the baby.  And quite frankly, horrible things usually do happen to babies in comics.  We don't want another baby Nathan Christopher on our hands :p "

Who's the Father?
#26 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comiclove5:

Hrimhari  
Asgadian Wolf Prince
#27 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Please tell me that they aren'y going to turn her into an anti gay religous nut. I hope it is more about her past relationship with rictor
#29 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @pixelized said:
" @JediXMan said:
@jordama said:

Why not? She gained a major boost in Strength and Durability with her pregnancy. "
Because someone's going to die. And maybe it's because the "main death" is happening in X-Force, but I just get a feeling it'll be her.   Of course there's a list of characters I could see dying. Nightcrawler, Emma Frost (wishful thinking), Wolfsbane, Colossus, Cyclops (again, wishful thinking) "
It'll be Cable.
#30 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878:
probably 
he'll die for Hope 
she'll go all phoenixy on everyone and rewrite history or something 
blah blah blah
or....maybe he'll just die and stay dead! 
nah, that'd never happen
#31 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" @Thunderscream: Not a Mutant/God, but human/gods have happend i belive "
In the current age of Marvel there no demi-god who been born and surely if you think about it...it could be possible because the babe is half-human that his human part could carry the X-Gene those making him a demi-god (with human side being a mutant) and as ridiculous as that sound, I still like it!
#32 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that Wolfsbane's pregnant, it's stupid.
and YAY, she's joining X-Factor again! :D I loved her in X-Factor, she was awesome.

#33 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: @pixelized said:
" I'd like for her to have time off. The youngest New Mutant is soon to be a mother. X-Men/Mutants/everything else should be low priority. Not to mention her body has gone through a change in carrying her alien baby. "
Correction. Magik is currently the youngest of the New Mutants (at least that's what I think because she looks below the age of eighteen years old).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.