What is sexual appeal of Wolfsbane?

• 83 results
#1 Edited by machineteen (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean in a nutshell she is a hairy slut; I dont really get how shes been with so many guys. Shes hardly ever drawn as attractive, not necessarily due to her short hair , but it doesnt help. Shes mean and moody half the time, or just flat out feral. Oh and not to mention shes a wolf, kinda gross.  I mean come on, would you really want to make out or much less have sex with a woman who turns into a mutt? 

She also has hella baggage with her dad and she just always seem like she off her rocker, like bat shit crazy. I like Scottish accents, but I can also see how that can be annoying. Now if they modeled her off of another scott like Shirley Manson, then I could definitely see the sex appeal, dog or no.

Hmm maybe its because the peanut butter trick works on her too? 

ugh left out the "the" in the post title, What is THE sexual appeal of WB

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio
@machineteen:
its the furry thing not my bag but hey whatever floats your boat
#3 Posted by Gothic Storm (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Some guys just have that 'Furry' fetish I guess. *wink wink nudge nudge* Seriously though, she's wild and crazy due to her abilities more than likely. I guess some guys think they can tame the beast within.

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4537 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess people just like the animalistic crazy side of her

#5 Posted by machineteen (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I just dont get it, cos she really is a whore. I mean Emma and Psylocke may act like Whores, but Rahne really is one.

lol I dont understand the Furry fetish so I dont expect to understand Wolfsbane, but it definitely adds to her character and she is always one to watch. She just makes me cringe sometimes...

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a religious catholic girl so its kinda the whole catholic school girl thing. She's recently tried to get away from her strict upbringing which makes her a bit slutty so its the former catholic school girl thing. She's kinda wild cuz of her wolf side but now I wouldn't wanna be with her in her werewolf form. That's a bit much.

#7 Posted by Gothic Storm (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, it's time to dump that whole crappy "New Moon" werewolf thing (that series already ruined vampires! sheesh). I cannot stand it when they show werewolves turning into plain wolves (or dire wolves for that matter). They should look like fierce hybrids in my opinion. I can sort of see the attraction (for some guys) to her being in hybrid form... if drawn by the right artist mind you! Although we might understand her attractiveness more if she were a were-tiger (Tigra) or  a were-panther.

#8 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

woof ;P

#9 Posted by Gothic Storm (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Which

is sexier? 

The Cat...

Or the Dog?

I agree though that Rahne is drawn terribly (in most books) and could be handled better.
#10 Posted by machineteen (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Tigra has definite sex appeal visually because her fur is tamed and is draw as if it was painted on half the time, her fur is also exciting bright orange with stripes. She also has a playful personality and plays up the sex kitten thing well.

Wolfsbane is just too dog like, even Thorn, Hepzibah and Feral are more attractive than Rahne and they have somewhat similar personalities. I guess dog people are just not as sexy as Cat people.

#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I suggest that if you want to be taken seriously then you'll stop using words like 'slut' & 'whore' to describe characters.  Being sexually mature doesn't mean that someone deserves to be labelled in such a way.   

Wolfsbane hasn't been involved with that many characters:   

On the one occasion she realised that the boy she was romantically linked to was seeing someone else, she called it off (when she told Elixir that she wouldn't see him any more because he was also seeing Wallflower).  She used to have a crush on Cannonball, but never acted on it because of her respect for him & Lila.  Her romance with Doug Ramsey was short-lived because he died not long after they developed a crush for each other.  She's one of the few female members of X-Factor who has never slept with Madrox. 

Yes, it's morally dubious that she's had a relationship with an immortal wolf from Asgard.  That's hardly enough to label her as a 'slut' or a 'whore'. 

Just because you personally don't like a character, doesn't mean that everyone else does.  Obviously the writers like her, or she wouldn't be a central figure in various plots or be caught in different relationships.
#12 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Puppy love. 

#13 Posted by EisforExtinction (1863 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I suggest that if you want to be taken seriously then you'll stop using words like 'slut' & 'whore' to describe characters.  Being sexually mature doesn't mean that someone deserves to be labelled in such a way.    Wolfsbane hasn't been involved with that many characters:    On the one occasion she realised that the boy she was romantically linked to was seeing someone else, she called it off (when she told Elixir that she wouldn't see him any more because he was also seeing Wallflower).  She used to have a crush on Cannonball, but never acted on it because of her respect for him & Lila.  Her romance with Doug Ramsey was short-lived because he died not long after they developed a crush for each other.  She's one of the few female members of X-Factor who has never slept with Madrox.  Yes, it's morally dubious that she's had a relationship with an immortal wolf from Asgard.  That's hardly enough to label her as a 'slut' or a 'whore'.   Just because you personally don't like a character, doesn't mean that everyone else does.  Obviously the writers like her, or she wouldn't be a central figure in various plots or be caught in different relationships. "
No dice. Tony Stark is a total hoe... 4 sho!
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction said:
" No dice. Tony Stark is a total hoe... 4 sho! "
That's pronounced 'Billionaire Playboy'.
#15 Posted by Gothic Storm (826 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @EisforExtinction said:
" No dice. Tony Stark is a total hoe... 4 sho! "
That's pronounced 'Billionaire Playboy'. "
I think Tony would laugh at both of those comments. He would definitely like the first one more though! Bruce Wayne on the other hand... Yeah, not so much the one for THOSE kind of parties!
#16 Edited by KillerZ (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just that; the furriness is the appeal for some, and the wildness is a bonus. I actually started liking her, when I found out that she fell for the wolf, before seeing him transform.

#17 Posted by robbiesol (459 posts) - - Show Bio

As Rahne = typical comic hottie 
As Wolfsbane = Uhh....not sexy 

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on who draws her.Most of the time she just looks like a ugly chick that turns into and even uglier dog girl.

#19 Posted by KillerZ (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

A little question regarding the "slut" comments earlier. Wasn't Hrimhari the first she had sex with?

#20 Edited by X-DP (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not furry fetish, TIGRA breaks the wall, she's sooooo hot! I luv her in the cover of MwaM 8! 

Anyway is true, depend on who's the penciler, sincerely i like very much Rahne Sinclair, i dunno will be the fur...boh..i can't tell you guys but i love that character...aboveall the wolf shape, the pic posted by Gothic Storm tells the truth in her human form is very bad in that issue.....in X-FORCE is very very bad.....but in other issues is great!

In X-FACTOR, in NEW MUTANTS penciled by Bachalo is awesome!

#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@robbiesol said:
" As Rahne = typical comic hottie As Wolfsbane = Uhh....not sexy   "
Rahne was neeeeeeeeeeeeeever supposed to be remotely attractive. her hair doesn't grow past Boys length, her body never developed in the way that Dani and Amara's did, nor has she become comfortable within her own skin. Any depictions of her being anything other than a shy little boy are completely inaccurate. Part of her characterization deals with her feeling inadequate in comparison to her female teammates.Though when she temporarily lost her powers she did finally blossom into the pretty girl she always wanted to be. We know Rictor is into same sex so no wonder why he slept with it, Hrimhari is into her animal side... and Doug... well Doug had issues [= .
#22 Posted by robbiesol (459 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @robbiesol said:
" As Rahne = typical comic hottie As Wolfsbane = Uhh....not sexy   "
Rahne was neeeeeeeeeeeeeever supposed to be remotely attractive. her hair doesn't grow past Boys length, her body never developed in the way that Dani and Amara's did, nor has she become comfortable within her own skin. Any depictions of her being anything other than a shy little boy are completely inaccurate. Part of her characterization deals with her feeling inadequate in comparison to her female teammates.Though when she temporarily lost her powers she did finally blossom into the pretty girl she always wanted to be. We know Rictor is into same sex so no wonder why he slept with it, Hrimhari is into her animal side... and Doug... well Doug had issues [= . "

Haha, poor Rahne.   

Well truth be told your description makes me feel sad for her.  You make sense that she isn't supposed to be "hot", but we all know that artists can still make tomboys look good.  She looks pretty good in that New Mutants shot postsed by X-DP and doesn't look to bad here: 

minus the fur of course.   

Still, if what you describe is the more accurate character analysis, then you are right, she should probably never be drawn very attractive. 
#23 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1637 posts) - - Show Bio
@machineteen said:
"  Tigra has definite sex appeal visually because her fur is tamed and is draw as if it was painted on half the time, her fur is also exciting bright orange with stripes. She also has a playful personality and plays up the sex kitten thing well.   Wolfsbane is just too dog like, even Thorn, Hepzibah and Feral are more attractive than Rahne and they have somewhat similar personalities. I guess dog people are just not as sexy as Cat people. "
All of those animal girls mentioned are too furry. Anything more than animal ears & a tail is too much. Animal girls are still supposed to be girls, with a "hint" of animal to add to the sexyness. Hell, in Avatar those blue things were too animal in the face to be hot. An animal girl (or boy for those who are into them) should be 98.9% human. Fur for one, is too much.
#24 Edited by KillerZ (1611 posts) - - Show Bio
@COBRAMORPH said:

" @machineteen said:

"  Tigra has definite sex appeal visually because her fur is tamed and is draw as if it was painted on half the time, her fur is also exciting bright orange with stripes. She also has a playful personality and plays up the sex kitten thing well.   Wolfsbane is just too dog like, even Thorn, Hepzibah and Feral are more attractive than Rahne and they have somewhat similar personalities. I guess dog people are just not as sexy as Cat people. "
All of those animal girls mentioned are too furry. Anything more than animal ears & a tail is too much. Animal girls are still supposed to be girls, with a "hint" of animal to add to the sexyness. Hell, in Avatar those blue things were too animal in the face to be hot. An animal girl (or boy for those who are into them) should be 98.9% human. Fur for one, is too much. "
On the contrary, animal girls should be furry; i can't stand those "catgirls" who only have cat ears and think they have a right to act all catty and stuff. If one wants to act like a cat, or a dog for that matter, she should have fur,
#25 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps you've answered your own question: she's easy.

#26 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god... furry fetish....

#27 Posted by KillerZ (1611 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" oh god... furry fetish.... "
Tottaly :P

That is the shortest explanation of her sex-appeal.
#28 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it kind of weird how this is about her sex appeal, but most of the guys that she's been with are interested in her as a person a lot more than they are for blatant sexuality.    

#29 Posted by Shipwreck (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" She's a religious catholic girl so its kinda the whole catholic school girl thing. She's recently tried to get away from her strict upbringing which makes her a bit slutty so its the former catholic school girl thing. She's kinda wild cuz of her wolf side but now I wouldn't wanna be with her in her werewolf form. That's a bit much. "
She's not Catholic. The Rev. raised her   Presbyterian. Please read over the overviews before posting. Thank you.  

As for her sex appeal. I think it's the natural thing. She's natural. She looks natural. She doesn't spend god knows how many hours most women do in bath room getting ready. Then there's the bad girl side of her that renders towards the non drinking side of Wolverine (who isn't hot either but gets as many women as Rahne gets men.) 
#30 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lupine said:
"  I find it kind of weird how this is about her sex appeal, but most of the guys that she's been with are interested in her as a person a lot more than they are for blatant sexuality.     "
I think it's sweet that you're the only one on here who's noticed her personality :)
#31 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Lupine said:
"  I find it kind of weird how this is about her sex appeal, but most of the guys that she's been with are interested in her as a person a lot more than they are for blatant sexuality.     "
I think it's sweet that you're the only one on here who's noticed her personality :) "
lol 

Well I find her interesting as a character, I'm not a big fan or anything, but I can relate to the your parents being rather harshly religious end of things.  I've been there.

But hey what guy doesn't like a girl with a good personality. Pretty and vapid would drive me crazy personally.
#32 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shipwreck: Sorry Presbyterian School Girl just didn't sound the same.
#33 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

Men like furries?
#34 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

AYe... shes beautiful on the inside... and thats what counts...

#36 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: Oh Dear Lord.  I could not take them seriously even if I tried.  Imagine talking to someone who's wearing a giraffe head, and nodding in agreement with your sentences.  Talking, but not moving their lips....just slight nods........................................It's funny, but strange. 
#37 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wofsbane.
I like her because she's fiesty, a redhead and doesn't take sh** from anyone. >_<

#38 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost: You do realize that means very little in terms of sexual appeal for most people when confronted with a werewolf, right?
#39 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:  Eh? O_o    Wolfsbane's not your typical 'werewolf' . ¬_¬ she's a whole lot more.
#40 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Dane:  Eh? O_o    Wolfsbane's not your typical 'werewolf' . ¬_¬ she's a whole lot more. "
Yeah, but still nothing I would want to go to bed with.
#41 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:  Well that's your opinion. :S    I'd go to bed with her.
#42 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Dane:  Well that's your opinion. :S    I'd go to bed with her. "
haha, that might ripen the deal but still no dice :P
#43 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:  I don't care. Lol, why are you telling me this? :P
#44 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Dane:  I don't care. Lol, why are you telling me this? :P "
Just exemplifying how I don't understand the attraction to furry animal/people hybrids.
#45 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:  It's not like she's a wolf all the time. She can change back and forth.
#46 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Dane:  It's not like she's a wolf all the time. She can change back and forth. "
Yeah, but is she more attractive than other girls in her human form? I assumed the thread referred to her more unique features.
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" Men like furries? "
So do women....
#48 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:  Yeah, I think she is. (: I admire short hair on a woman and I like her personality, the fact she's scottish. It all relates to her 'sexual appeal' as stated in the title.

@Vance Astro said:
" @White Mage said:
" Men like furries? "
So do women.... "

Yep, I love it. :3
#49 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost: I don't mind short hair but her personality is angry and abusive. Not my thing and neither is the fur/tail. * shrugs*
#50 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane:  Not always, she can be kind and caring at times.  And stands up for her friends and what she is. (:  I don't see anything wrong with that ... but if you do, then fine. Lol.

The fur and tail is another side of her, and it's not there all the time. So it's just a minor setback. It's a lot cooler than other mutant powers anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.