Oh no she didn't!

#1 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Telling Rictor he was the father, what the h*ll Rahne, seriously what the H*LL
#2 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"Telling Rictor he was the father, what the h*ll Rahne, seriously what the H*LL "

LOL @ you censoring H-E-double hockey sticks....Gotta pick up this issue to judge for myself, but sounds wack. She just jealous. ; D  
#3 Posted by danhimself (21903 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" Telling Rictor he was the father, what the h*ll Rahne, seriously what the H*LL "
I was thinking the same thing when I read that....like this isn't going to cause any problems what so ever
#4 Edited by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

@riri4life:

she walks in on Rictor and shatter goes all psycho "you brainwashed him!" and by the end she is all, you are the father. She just jealous, trying to break up the best relationship i see in comics right now. 

@danhimself:  

she a homewrecker
#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

That's messed up.

#6 Posted by jesusjoe (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Having said that, since Longshot's essentially a walking roofie her reaction to Shatterstar wasn't that illogical.

#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"Telling Rictor he was the father, what the h*ll Rahne, seriously what the H*LL "

There are a lot of pregnant women in my office building... hormones are a scary thing!  They make normally rational women do & say some crazy sh!£! 
#8 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG, I haven't read, but I found a way to like her less than before.

Actually, they're both gross as is Shatterstar by association.

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: You really don't like Rahne, do you ;)
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why everyone is giving Rahne so much grief, put yourself in her shoes. Now I'm going by wikipedia only, coz I don't have the cash for X-Factor as yet, but isn't the real baby-daddy dead? She's a teenager(?) or at least very young, carrying a mutant/asgardian hybrid. Of course she's going to look for a support net, and that's Rictor. Seem perfectly natural to me, though the lying part will not bode well for her.

#11 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
If she just went to them pregnant, X-Factor would have supported her.
#12 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: If she just went to them pregnant, X-Factor would have supported her. "
Not Madrox, he hates babies.
#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: If she just went to them pregnant, X-Factor would have supported her. "
Fair enough. Like I said, I haven't been reading the series, so I don't know how her relationship is with them :)
#14 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine:
I still think he would have supported her, just stayed away from the baby. Giving her a place to live is one thing, doing diaper duty is another.
#15 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @jordama said:
Not Madrox, he hates babies. "
LMAO
#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
True, but you can't under-estimate the power of hormones.  Like I said, I've seem completely rational, professional, highly qualified women say & do some crazy things... all because the bun in their oven has been feeding them an over-dose of hormones.   

@John Valentine said:
" @jordama said:
Not Madrox, he hates babies. "
Just don't let him hold the baby... 

Then again, considering who the mother & father are... maybe they need Lockjaw to babysit?
#17 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

She is just a homewreker now. She did this thing before, remember Elixir and Wallflower? She and Elixir had the fling and completely ruined that relationship too.  

I am starting to really dislike her.
#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"She is just a homewreker now. She did this thing before, remember Elixir and Wallflower? She and Elixir had the fling and completely ruined that relationship too.   I am starting to really dislike her. "

I have to disagree.  Rahne broke up with Josh the minute she found out that he was two-timing.  That was entirely Josh's fault.   

The term 'home wrecker' implies that she's destroyed someone's marriage.  The crush of a couple of high school kids isn't a happily married couple who have 2.4 kids and a dog to support.  The same goes for Rictor & Shatterstar; their 'relationship' is controversial, but it isn't stable.  Rictor has being feeling dejected and left out from all of Shatterstar's attempts to screw the whole of the marvel Universe.  That's hardly a happy & long-term monogamous relationship. 

One crazy & irrational comment (which was used as a cliffhanger ending) doesn't equate to a home wrecker.  It means she's confused & scared.  No-one who has commented on this thread (myself included) can ever guess what it's like to come from an extreme religious background, be heavily pregnant with achild inside their body that is due any week (if not any day), with no father to show for it.  So making statements like 'homewrecker' is rash & unsympathetic.
#19 Posted by jesusjoe (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: But... but... theirs is a love story that crosses time, space and dimensions!

I agree that Rahne doesn't quite deserves all the flak she's catching, since we've (or at least I've, maybe some of you have #209 by now) only seen a single moment of weakness, and the term home-wrecker is technically incorrect (or perhaps technically correct, since she destroyed the window) but I don't think the fact that Ric and SS are having issues impacts on the morality of what she did- partially because they could be married now for all she knows, and partially because what she did would be just as wrong if there was no Shatterstar at all.
#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that what she did would still be wrong even if Rictor wasn't in a relationship. You don't go around telling men that you're having their babies when you're not. The fact that she used the baby (that wasn't even his!) to try and drive a wedge between Rictor and 'Star is despicable. It's one thing if she wasn't sure if it was his or Hrimhari's or not, but she KNOWS that it's Hrimhari's and now she's turning what was something beautiful, the coming of a new baby, one that is more than likely going to be pretty powerful, into her own personal little soap opera plot device. 

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@jesusjoe said:
"but I don't think the fact that Ric and SS are having issues impacts on the morality of what she did- partially because they could be married now for all she knows"

I was comparing their relationship to that of a married couple because of the 'homewrecker' comment. 

Rictor was screwing around with her behind Shatterstar's back.  He didn't tell her that he'd been in a gay sexual relationship.  He was involved with 'Star, when he wasn't around any more Rictor moved on to Rahne & later went back to Shatterstar after Rahne left. 

Now she's done exactly the same thing... she was in a relationship with Rictor.  When she left the team she didn't expect to meet her old childhood sweetheart Hrimhari.  After he died leaving her with puppies in utero, she returned to the people she considered to be her family... we don't really know what she was thinking; whether it was to rekindle a romance, or just turn to him for support.  Who knows... but the sight of her naked ex-boyfriend with another man must've been a hell of a shock.   

I don't think Rahne is either that cruel or coniving enough to plan for it to turn out this way.  The guilt was pretty clear in both the script & art.  She looked ashamed as she said it.  This was just a spur of the moment, 'what did I say that for' kind of dumb comment.
#22 Posted by jesusjoe (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

"  

Rictor was screwing around with her behind Shatterstar's back.  He didn't tell her that he'd been in a gay sexual relationship.  He was involved with 'Star, when he wasn't around any more Rictor moved on to Rahne & later went back to Shatterstar after Rahne left. 

Now she's done exactly the same thing... 

"

Wouldn't say exactly the same thing- while it's still a little ambiguous at the moment, I think it's fair to say that Shatterstar probably left Rictor. So Rictor has had two people walk out on him, sleep with other people (once again, we don't actually know Shatterstar did this, but it seems almost implicit in the character) and then return with a presumption of acceptance. Given his mental state, it seems a little harsh to paint Rictor as the sleazy one of the bunch...
Having said that though, I'm not trying to demonise Rahne- as I said, I think she's catching a fair bit of flak for a single comment- but I think any justification for it lies in her own circumstances, not Rictor's.
#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@jesusjoe: Heh, okay maybe not 'exactly' the same thing... but they've both been seeing other people on & off without telling each other.  It's a convulted love "triangle" that makes the old Wolverine-Phoenix-Cyclops-Frost scenario look boring ;)
#24 Posted by jesusjoe (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  Yeah, I'm pretty sure we can all agree with that :D. Damn you PAD, I feel like a freaking soapie addict x10; at least they don't have to wait a damn month between each fix!
#25 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame on you Rahne, Shame on you
#26 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision of Rahne murdering Jamie and Layla on their wedding night

Who thinks Rahne could be Pregs in this image?
#27 Posted by jesusjoe (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: 
Seems unlikely... I admit the lighting raises some question, but I wouldn't have thought about it had you not raised it. Must admit though, I did come back to this point in my mind when the team went to Vegas. Quickie wedding/massacre! We'd probably have a bit more warning/romance though... and besides which, I don't think they knew Rahne was going to be pregnant (hell I'm not even sure if they had Messiah Complex planned out) when they wrote this. None of the X-Force stuff was written by PAD remember, so she's a bit of an aberration in his master plans probably...
#28 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:  Seems pretty final with that image!!
#29 Posted by MichonneHack27 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the reason she did that is because she's ultimately lonely and most likely is feeling a lot of emotional distress over losing that Hhmihari guy?oO Can't remember how to spell his name^^;;. But either way, the guy is sorta been dragged to what I guess is Hell, that doesn't give a pregnant woman a lot of hope that he'll break out.  I'm not saying it excuses her, I'm just saying pregnancy can leave a woman feeling a lot of mixed up and crazy emotions. She's probably feeling desperate right now

#30 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

With Hrimhari meeting Shatterstar during the battle for Pip, I have a feeling Rahne is gonna have to explain a lot sooner rather than later.
#31 Posted by wolfspawn93 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
she had a messed up past,raised and abused by a lying prick of a pastor for 14 years,what would you do?
#32 Posted by Kairan1979 (15745 posts) - - Show Bio

I think telling Rictor that the baby is his was an insult to Hrimnari's memory. Especially after he sacrificed himself to save both Rahne and the baby.

#33 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" I think telling Rictor that the baby is his was an insult to Hrimnari's memory. Especially after he sacrificed himself to save both Rahne and the baby. "
She has already admitted to Rictor that he isn't the father (something he' already figured out for himself).  She has gone through more traumatic experiences in the last few 'months' (of in-continuity time) then you & I and many other people will ever go through in a life time... combined!  So it is perfectly understandable for her to make a silly mistake.  She hasn't disrespected anyone's memory.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.