Misunderstanding!!

#1 Edited by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

You know when I first saw this cover... my first though was the vision of Wolfsbane attacking Madrox and Layla on their wedding night!!! Who else thought this?? 

X-FACTOR
#2 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually didn't make the connection, doesn't really look like Rahne to me.
#3 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:

I don't know... seems pretty similar!! Just by the claws and fangs and fur alone.... it could resemble Rahne. 

Who dunnit?
#4 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992:
Still the greenish tint and the lack of hair is why i'm not seeing it
#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that's Rahne. 

#6 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
It wasn't ;)
#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

As it wasn't the solicitied story, I didn't see the cover until it was available for purchase. 

I didn't mistake it for Wolfsbane. 

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: Good ^_^  

@xerox-kitty said:
"

As it wasn't the solicitied story, 

"
I hate it when they do that. 
#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: It was due to 'creative differences' :(  It was good for a fill-in story, but I'm not a fan of Madrox or Layla.
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @The Dark Huntress: It was due to 'creative differences' :(  It was good for a fill-in story, but I'm not a fan of Madrox or Layla. "
Oh boy. I always get worried when there are creative differences. On the plus side, I love Madrox and Layla. ^_^
#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Reading between the lines, I'd say that the editors sisn't like a suicide story.  So PAD has had to create a last minute filler.  Hence no other team-members and a nod towards Marel's latest thing for *vomit* vampires.
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Oh that's right! I forgot about that little hoopla. Vampires have over-saturated every market. The only saving grace here is that they aren't sparkly. 
#13 Posted by SC (11932 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually thought it might have been Shatterstar dressing up for the lulz, jumping out of a swirly bunch of curtains. That guy is so zany like that. Boy color me embarrassed when I realized I was wrong. 

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

ANYWAYS...... I'm not saying that's Rahne, I'm saying that this cover reminded me of the vision of Madrox's and Layla's wedding night!!! That's all.

#15 Posted by SC (11932 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:
"ANYWAYS...... I'm not saying that's Rahne, I'm saying that this cover reminded me of the vision of Madrox's and Layla's wedding night!!! That's all."

I agree, I do think it was meant to invoke that idea slightly. Sort of like an easter egg of sorts. The irony being some stores are selling easter eggs already. Or no, I don't think thats irony, just corporate greed, delicious corporate greed but still. 
Moderator Online
#16 Posted by papad1992 (6811 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:

Damn bunnies.... and business men!! 

But yeah that was my first impression on this cover.... !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.