Are we going to see anymore Astounding Wolf-Man?

#1 Posted by Onemoreposter (3948 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dig the character and the story ended on such a cliff hanger. I'm curious if he's been featured at image since the end of his solo series or if there's any news of him getting a mini or another ongoing. It's been a while since the end of the Astounding Wolf-Man series and I'm worried we'll never see him again. Any other Wolf-Man fans? Anyone know if we're going to see him again anytime soon?

#2 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love too. But im sure Robert Kirkman is stretched out pretty thin. I wanted more of Science Dog. but since he is focusing on Thief of Thieves, Walking Dead, and Invincible mainly I doubt he will have time for much else.

#3 Posted by Onemoreposter (3948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne: Personally I don't think it's that he's stretched to thin, I think it's that when a book doesn't sell great at imagine it has to be cut. They're a smaller company and can't afford to "ride with the sales" on books that might come back up against like Marvel and DC might do with a "decently" selling comic.

I could be totally off though, I haven't checked the DCD records for the book.

Nice to see another fan though, I've got a couple issues with the Science Dog back ups but it's not in the Invincible trades. I think they collected the backups into a single book though. Worth picking up?

#4 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: we saw several Wolf-Man cameos at Invincible and Guarding the Globe.

#5 Posted by DeductiblyBonkers (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Phil Hester said in an interview that Wolf-Man would feature in at least the first few issues of Image's upcoming series "Invincible Universe" and that he has a lot in mind for him, so it would seem that our wishes have been granted. :D

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43509

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.