Follow

Wolf Cub

Character » Wolf Cub appears in 217 issues.

Wolf Cub was a member of the Paragons training squad up until they disbanded following M-Day. After Messiah Complex, Donald Pierce tricked him into joining the Young X-Men team. He was subsequently murdered by Pierce.

Premature Death?

• 63 results
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By SilverZeo

Well, another family member of the X-Men family is gone... What's on TV tonight?

Knowing Marvel, it's hard to say if Nick is gonna stay dead or he would come back to life somehow after a couple of story arcs, that always seem to happen in most X-Men stories nowadays.

I wish I could say Wolf Cub's death was a surprising, but I can't. His personality dramatically changed, from being a just a trouble teenager to a Wolverine Wannabe for no real explain reason. He was bound to die. That, and  I didn't see him on the X-men 500th cover, which was pretty much foreshadowing. I would also like to say Wolf Cub was too popular to be killed off, but I feel angry for opposite reason: He wasn't poplar enough.

Wolf Cub had only two real character developments: His origin story, and when he meet Max Lobo. He was seemed like an extra in the Quest in Maqik and Messiah Complex. He still had much potential. But instead he was treated as a Star Trek Red Shirt, nothing more than dramaic pathos for the team.  This has happen TOO much in X-Men. There are better ways to 'retire' characters rather than just killing them.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

There was no point in killing him off since they killed so many students in the previous title. No one cares anymore.
    But since Guggenheim removed everything that made Wolf Cub unique from Wolverine or Wolfsbane it may have been for the best.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shaper

WTF!?!?! He died? He was my favorite character on Young X-men!!!!!!! This is total BS! You guys have scans???

greekpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By greekpimp

Ya I liked Wolf Cub.....and then Young X-Men destroyed him completely (looks and personality). I wish he just went home after the school was shut down. Everyone knew he was going to die, a big surprise could have been him not actually dieing. Whatever, now Anoles gonna join the team....another character about to be destroyed.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vrakmul

Cyro is going to be peeved. 

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shaper

I actually liked his new look. Personality was eh to me, but I still did like him.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

I doubt he'll be brought back: they haven't brought back Quill, Wallflower, DJ, Tag, Icarus, or Rubbermaid.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

Of course Wallflower isn't coming back.  Her very name prevents that. 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine
    Dreadnaught said:
    "Of course Wallflower isn't coming back.  Her very name prevents that. "
    I was just contradicting what Silver Zeo said.
     She was a more important and popular character and she has not yet been revived: Wolf Cub was not as popular nor as powerful, plus his revival would make little impact.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fesak  Moderator

They didn't even bring back Icarus when they had the golden opportunity to do so in X-Force, so chances are slim.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

WTF!? HE DIED!?

<----------------------World no longer makes sense

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vrakmul
    Dreadnaught said:
    "Cyro is going to be peeved. "
    My prediction hath cometh true.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine
    fesak said:
    "They didn't even bring back Icarus when they had the golden opportunity to do so in X-Force, so chances are slim.
    "
    My thoughts.
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SilverZeo
    fesak said:
    "There was no point in killing him off since they killed so many students in the previous title. No one cares anymore.
    But since Guggenheim removed everything that made Wolf Cub unique from Wolverine or Wolfsbane it may have been for the best.
    "
    It's Young Justice all over again. Introduce younger characters to attract younger readers, and after they get into the entire franchise of the company, kill off all the characters: one by one. Save the ones that can milked more by turning them emo.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John Valentine
    SilverZeo said:
    "fesak said:
    "There was no point in killing him off since they killed so many students in the previous title. No one cares anymore.
    "
    It's Young Justice all over again. Introduce younger characters to attract younger readers, and after they get into the entire franchise of the company, kill off all the characters: one by one. Save the ones that can milked more by turning them emo."
    Who's turned emo?
    Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

What's wrong with emo?

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SilverZeo
    Cryo-Wolf said:
    "What's wrong with emo?"
    Nothing, really. Unless it's over done or just being weak mello-drama. What they did with Speedball in Civil War and Spider-Man in 'Back in Black' are good stories of being emo. A Bad examples would be...

John Valentine said:
    "SilverZeo said:
    "fesak said:
    "
    It's Young Justice all over again. Introduce younger characters to attract younger readers, and after they get into the entire franchise of the company, kill off all the characters: one by one. Save the ones that can milked more by turning them emo."
    Who's turned emo?"

Cassie Sandsmark, Wonder Girl. Whenever she was on panel after Infinite Crisis, wether it was Wonder Woman or Titans, she would be all like, "Oh, Conner!" this and " >sniff< CONNER!" that. And when they finally gave her own mini-series and gotten over Superboy's death, future Conner comes back and she's back at square one.

Tim went extremely emo for awhile, he lost alot of love ones in promotional stories. So it was naural to go off the deep end for awhile, but It did fall into question that he had the intellect to be able to clone an alien/hybrid with memories to BE Conner.
    grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By grimm

oh god when will the madness stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallflower,icarus,preview,?????
    now wolf cub
    god they're just slaughtering all of them
    Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Iron Maiden

Good riddance. One less waste of ink.

greekpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By greekpimp

No, I liked most characters in New X-Men that were killed off....and i wish some that lived were killed off. Its just stupid, Wolf Cub finally is a main character, five issues in hes killed. Sure Marc didnt really bring these characters to life, but that doesnt mean that he had to kill him so that a different writer couldnt. And the thing i've noticed is that the young/new x-men jump right back up too fast after a friend has been killed, why???

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Well all who misses him could always write to Marvel and complain.
    If enough people do it they might bring him back. They actually do listen to the fans sometimes.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By Erik

You know, it's kind of funny. I just started to notice him in Young X-Men and then he dies. I loved where they were taking him and all of a sudden he is gone. It just kind of angers me that right when I add a character to my favorite list he dies.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fesak  Moderator

You loved him when he became Kid Wolverine?
    Well, i guess Wolverine is popular.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik

I dont think he was at all like Wolverine. His personality was nothing like the hardened old cuss.

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SilverZeo

When you compare Wolf Cub's death with Bart Allen's, which was also done by Marc Guggenheim (but to be fair, it was DC's plan to kill off Bart in the first place, Marvel is doing the same?), how would you say they were.

Being killed in the first story arc of your new team series with little character development? Or being the 4th person to take up a superhero persona and be killed after 13 issues of your series, which turned out to be a filler until the Third guy to come back?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erik

Hmmm... Since I am new to Wolf Cub, can anyone tell me why he always seemed to have one red hand?

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By beastmanX

wow. wolf cub was my favortie new x- man. that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

greekpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By greekpimp
    erik said:
    "Hmmm... Since I am new to Wolf Cub, can anyone tell me why he always seemed to have one red hand?"
    Magma burned his arm......
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By pixelized

I doubt WC will comeback...there's no reason for him to do....he won't be missed nor remembered next week

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

SIGH...Marvel has had a horrible track record lately. Yes please kill off the entire cast why don't you.

First they kill off one of my favorite characters EVER (cry shadowcat...you would have had such an awesome role in M.C. if you didn't DIE in a weird plotline that had nothing to do with Mutantkind's progress...)

I mean it's bad enough that Marvel is going on a homicidal rampage but seriously the deaths themselves SUCK.

Oh joy he got clawed by Pierce. That's great. 6 issues later, the entire storyline collapses, nobody buys Young X-Men, and Marvel kills off everyone in shame.

I only have one thing to say: BRING BACK THE NEW X-MEN!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pixelized

Kitty isn't dead

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SilverZeo

Who isn't these days? When there isn't an X-Men who died, there one who comes back. Jean was original with a celestial force, but now anyone can come back not matter what. Prof X got shot upside the head and is still alive. Colossus death turned out to be a clone from an alien world. Next time writers, don't kill a character without damn good reason and leave him dead for at least 20 years like with Jason Todd.

But still, Wolf-Cub's death is totally weak. Marvel should have a special issue or something that would give him more depth as a character rather than just a randomly chosen sacrificial lamb, like what going through his life after Messiah Complex but before Young X-men.

Heck, maybe his death was staged by the rest of YX-M, and Marvel just toying with us.

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KumoriKunoichi
    pixelized said:
    "Kitty isn't dead"
    MIA Dead whatever, she's been written out of perfect opportunities.

SilverZeo said:
    But still, Wolf-Cub's death is totally weak. Marvel should have a special issue or something that would give him more depth as a character rather than just a randomly chosen sacrificial lamb, like what going through his life after Messiah Complex but before Young X-men.

Agreed....I hate when they cop out if they don't have anything planned..

Hmm I don't know what to do with this character, oh I know, let's get him killed! :D yay problem solved!
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "Kitty isn't dead"

How long can she survive in space with no food, water or oxygen?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pixelized
    fesak said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Kitty isn't dead"

How long can she survive in space with no food, water or oxygen?"
    It's Marvel..time is flexible....for all we know she has been floating for mintues vs. days or longer
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SilverZeo
    pixelized said:
    "fesak said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Kitty isn't dead"

It's Marvel..time is flexible....for all we know she has been floating for mintues vs. days or longer"
    Don't forget the fact that it's takes 6 months to finish a story arc that takes place at least in one day in the comicbook universe.
    KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KumoriKunoichi
    SilverZeo said:
    "pixelized said:
    "fesak said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Kitty isn't dead"

It's Marvel..time is flexible....for all we know she has been floating for mintues vs. days or longer"
    Don't forget the fact that it's takes 6 months to finish a story arc that takes place at least in one day in the comicbook universe."
    The whole concept of time in Marvel Comics confuses me.
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SilverZeo

Does that include the two time travelers from different dystopia futures that have never happened now but yet they still exist?

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KumoriKunoichi
    SilverZeo said:
    "Does that include the two time travelers from different dystopia futures that have never happened now but yet they still exist?"
    You're making my brain hurt .......
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SilverZeo

Seriously,  when DC killed Robin's dad in identity Crisis, they build up the father/son relationship before they killed him. Almost everyone had a story in the "Divided We Stand" stories, hardly any of them lead to anything that happening now. Anole had his own story and now reappearing after at least six months. They could have given Wolf Cub a story, being a kid who saw his parents murder and is questing his humanity as being a mutant and half beast.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Erik

Don't worry fans. He will be back all grown up and his powers will be amplified like usual. His new name will be "Alpha Wolf".

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By John Valentine
    erik said:
    "Don't worry fans. He will be back all grown up and his powers will be amplified like usual. His new name will be "Alpha Wolf"."
    Lame name.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik

John Valentine said:

"erik said:
    "Don't worry fans. He will be back all grown up and his powers will be amplified like usual. His new name will be "Alpha Wolf"."
    Lame name."

So is Wolf Cub. Wouldn't want to mess with the flow of things.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By John Valentine
    erik said:
    "

John Valentine said:

"erik said:
    Lame name."

"
    I see yoru point.
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SilverZeo
    John Valentine said:
    "erik said:
    "

John Valentine said:

"erik said:
    Lame name."

"
    I see yoru point."
    Are you guys joking around or being serious? What are you talking about?
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erik

Lol. It was a joke actually. But I don't like the name.

Avatar image for the_astounding_wolf_man
    The Astounding Wolf-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

erik said:
    "Hmmm... Since I am new to Wolf Cub, can anyone tell me why he always seemed to have one red hand?"

Wolf Cub almost killed magma but by cutting her while she was in fire form and he burned his hand pretty bad.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Erik
    The Astounding Wolf-man said:
    "erik said:

Wolf Cub almost killed magma but by cutting her while she was in fire form and he burned his hand pretty bad."

Thanks a lot.
    Avatar image for the_astounding_wolf_man
    The Astounding Wolf-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NP.

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SilverZeo

Well who really knows. In an upcoming justice League issue, they'll have Bart back as Impulse, but it's an altered time-line story. Maybe the same can be done for Wolf_Cub, but then again, they'll make him so much like Wolverine that he'll even use the name if he comes back as a grown up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.