Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

Witchblade Compendiums

ComicBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ComicBookNerd

Hi, I'm interested in taking up the story of Witchblade and I've been doing some research. I don't care about the whole Marvel crossover or any crossover storylines. I just care about the main stuff. Will I be ok storywise and not miss anything if I just buy the Compendiums? I know they are 50 issues in one book. I love getting Compendiums. Thanks guys.

P.S. Also is that the same for The Darkness?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, I'm interested in taking up the story of Witchblade and I've been doing some research. I don't care about the whole Marvel crossover or any crossover storylines. I just care about the main stuff. Will I be ok storywise and not miss anything if I just buy the Compendiums? I know they are 50 issues in one book. I love getting Compendiums.

You'll be fine, some things migth be a bit confusing as early Top Cow/Image had issues with what was canon or not in some crossovers but nothing that should slow you down. And once you get to the stuff by Ron Marz (starting issue 75) that's when it really starts to soar. Enjoy.

ComicBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ComicBookNerd

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm into The Walking Dead and Invincible right now. The next three I'll get into are 100 Bullets, Witchblade, and The Darkness. :D

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witchblade is awesome I encourage everyone to read it.

ComicBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ComicBookNerd

I just got a notification that my Invincible Compedium 2, Witchblade Compendium 1, and The Darkness Compendium 1 just shipped.:D Excited.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome please do post back with your impressions, questions, whatever. There aren't enough witchblade conversations here on the vine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.